Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II ... 9-12-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my official capacity as Ref, I'm claiming 1/2 of Cooker's 8 lb. weight loss as my own.;);)

The key word there is Maine. I'm a meat and potatoes guy. I do not eat seafood and if you don't like lobster or crab when you go to Maine, you pretty much starve. They even had a Mexican restaurant with crab meat tacos and lobster enchiladas. Turns my stomach.

The key word there is Maine. I'm a meat and potatoes guy. I do not eat seafood and if you don't like lobster or crab when you go to Maine, you pretty much starve. They even had a Mexican restaurant with crab meat tacos and lobster enchiladas. Turns my stomach.

Yeah,I agree. I can't even look at most fish,much less smell it!
I wish I did like it though-It is so good for you and low in calorie.
My grandfather used to go fishing on the weekends and always
brought something home(with bones)- so we all had to eat it to
be polite. What an ordeal taking all those little bones out,it took
hours just to eat a few ounces. Well thats another way seafood
can help one to lose weight:p
Dina

So its the whole WW routine and program that is working so well for you Cooker...great job...3 miles is such a long walk...are you doing that all in one outing or what?...I am thinking of the future health of your knees ;)...
It is threatening to rain here but I may take a quick walk up to the shop to get the Sunday paper.
[/FONT]

So its the whole WW routine and program that is working so well for you Cooker...great job...3 miles is such a long walk...are you doing that all in one outing or what?...I am thinking of the future health of your knees ;)...
It is threatening to rain here but I may take a quick walk up to the shop to get the Sunday paper.
[/FONT]

Ton ... yes the 3 miles is all at once ... the knees are ok they hurt when I tried to jog/run .... should have known better that to take 52 year old couch potato and start running:rolleyes: ... All is good now ... I built up to 3 miles ... I learned the hard way, start SLOW:)

I have been in the Land of The Chimp the past four days -- tropical clime, Grand Strand of South Carolina. 170-item seafood buffets, breakfast buffets, doughnuts, pancakes, and I swear I saw a Snicker's tree among the palmettos. :eek::D Maybe we should cut The Chimp a little slack after all -- so many temptations, so little time (and I am not even talking about the bikinis. :p (Not to get political, but did see a bumper sticker down there I've seen nowhere else: "I'm voting for the old guy and the hot chick" :rolleyes:

I have been in the Land of The Chimp the past four days -- tropical clime, Grand Strand of South Carolina. 170-item seafood buffets, breakfast buffets, doughnuts, pancakes, and I swear I saw a Snicker's tree among the palmettos. :eek::D Maybe we should cut The Chimp a little slack after all -- so many temptations, so little time (and I am not even talking about the bikinis. :p (Not to get political, but did see a bumper sticker down there I've seen nowhere else: "I'm voting for the old guy and the hot chick" :rolleyes:

Hey, Superbob, have you been here http://www.seacaptains.com/? This is Cindy's and my favorite place to eat in those parts. Sounds like you've enjoyed yourself.

Glad you made it to God's country .... I now have witness to the vast amount of temptation that the Chimp is constantly under ... the food ... the Snicker trees, the Carolina Girls .... it's a wonder I'm still drawing breath:rolleyes::p

Ah yes, my son drove me by there this morning and said it is the best. Haven't gone there yet though.

I recommend the Long Bay Stuffed Flounder entree. Cindy recommends the Blackened Sea Scallops & Grits appetizer.

If you go once, you'll be a repeat customer!

I was looking through some files and came across the original ThrowDown cast of characters and their starting weights:eek: .... It seems that about 50% are still in this fool thing and of course we have added a few losers along the way:) ... I could post the list:eek::eek: but TheChimp is benevolent soul and would never embarrass anyone intentionally ... So if you were an original member and you have become, lets say "inactive" you may be getting a PM from the staff:rolleyes: ... we want you back:)

I'm still here. Just a bit distracted from this particular goal lately. I promise I'll be back in full force once all this other stuff is behind me. I do read everyone's crazy messages, I'm just not focusing on weight loss at the moment. (huh... wonder why??? ;) )

Back