Cooker's Throwdown Friday II . . . 5-15-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done John...they are awesome numbers there! What have you been doing to achieve such great success? 26lbs in 6'ish weeks? WOW!

My wife and I have been following a heart healthy diet, It is known as the "Flat Belly Diet" Lot of differt things you can eat. Lots of veggies , fish, chiken and a little red meat. It is low fat low salt and you have only mono sat. fats. It has had the good side effect of bringing my BP back down (It had started to creep up) My wife was on BP meds and now has normal BP without meds. I guess we have just made up our mind to eat tp live rather than live to eat. It has really been an easy eating plan for us to follow; one that we can follw for life. I think that is important.

Ok. I'm checking back in and will be hanging around until my weight is where I need it to be. I went back to weight watchers on Tues. and I was up almost ten lbs. since my last WW Weigh-in before Christmas. It was disappointing but it has been a tough 6 months and I forgive myself.:)

I am not yet able to walk any distance or really exercise. This ankle fusion hasn't been much fun at all but I am finally able to spend a good part of each day out of the walking cast in favor of a much smaller brace. There are times I have even walked around in the house without even a cane and very little pain.

Mary, I hope your heart is doing better and you are feeling better as well. I think we both know that for the two of us, weighing less is going to be better for us physically.

Anyway, it is nice to be back. I almost waited another couple of weeks to get back on board since we are going to Memphis for a few days this week but I know I would probably end up having having even more weight to shed.

Congratulations to all who lost, all who haven't totally given up, and also to those who haven't given up on us.

Ok. I'm checking back in and will be hanging around until my weight is where I need it to be. I went back to weight watchers on Tues. and I was up almost ten lbs. since my last WW Weigh-in before Christmas. It was disappointing but it has been a tough 6 months and I forgive myself.:)

I am not yet able to walk any distance or really exercise. This ankle fusion hasn't been much fun at all but I am finally able to spend a good part of each day out of the walking cast in favor of a much smaller brace. There are times I have even walked around in the house without even a cane and very little pain.

Mary, I hope your heart is doing better and you are feeling better as well. I think we both know that for the two of us, weighing less is going to be better for us physically.

Anyway, it is nice to be back. I almost waited another couple of weeks to get back on board since we are going to Memphis for a few days this week but I know I would probably end up having having even more weight to shed.

Congratulations to all who lost, all who haven't totally given up, and also to those who haven't given up on us.

Welcome back:)

Welcome back peoples...
I have been wondering how you and your fixed ankle have been going Betty...sounds like some progress has been made...the exercise will come...there were ladies at my hydrotherapy class that had had operations on the lower legs who were finding the water therapy beneficial...might be something for you to consider.
Good luck with the swimming Mary...water exercise is my very favourite!

It's good to see a few old faces back .... strength in number, it works .... I have been getting back on track slowly and hope to show some progress this week .... we still need some MIA?s to show up and any newbies who need or want to shed a pound or two or 50 ....... join in ... we have great fun

Don't be deceived . . . . it's green kryptonite disguised as a medical study.;)

Latest posts

Back