Cooker's Throwdown Friday II . . . 5-15-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greeting to all!!! ... My disk crashed and worms, viruses and other nasties had me off line for a week or so but TheChimp is back ... I missed you bunch of losers but not being on to wax philosophic I will leave it at that ....

I have been a bad Chimp .... I will weigh in tomorrow and take my lumps like a man, er, Chimp .... I have truly fed my stress, it works but not so good for the waist line:rolleyes: ... I have had opportunity to peek in and my at-a-boys/girls to those who have lost or maintained ... to those who have gain ... big deal:p ... I hit 53 and it just does not seem quite so important to strive for that ?V? shaped torso that will never appear anyway .... I think I will dye my hair purple and spike it up .... I?m old enough to once again fly my freak flag:cool:

......... peace out:cool:

I
will dye my hair purple and spike it up .... I’m old enough to once again fly my freak flag

Has the chimp flipped, midlife crisis, or are you testing your kids to see if you are safe from the retirement home?

With all the weight you have lost it doesn't matter if you slip up 1 or 2 weeks. Good luck getting back on tract.

Being off line and having unlimited access to milk shakes, ice cream, brownies ... the list goes on add infinitum .... I here by vow to strictly adhere to salad and purging elixir .... rules be damned:p

Starting weight.......233
Last Weigh in ............187
This week..................197:rolleyes:
Total Loss ..................35

Hi Cooker.....So glad you made it back from the perilous journey of the downed computer........don't you just hate it!!!!!

Don't worry about your last week, today is another day for you to begin anew. Forget the v-waistline. Personally, I love the idea of the purple hair.....but I'd rather green even if it's not St. Pat's day.

FWIW, this week I took off the 1lb. I gained last week plus .2 more. Hey, it's better than nada.

Be well.

Ev

Cooker - Don't worry! 35 is still great. I'm wondering if some of the weight you put back on is water. When I've been bad - my body doesn't react well and hangs on to water. I think when you put your body back on healthy food - it will come off pretty easily.

As for me, I'm down another pound. This make -13 loss since the beginning of Lent when I gave up sweets and sugar. I allow myself a little now, but am trying not to get back into the need for a daily sweet. Even though it wasn't much (maybe one cookie) my body just didn't like it.

I've also started walking 3 days a week with my 2 best friends. We go to a lake that has a walking path that is 2 miles for one circuit. We did 4 mi on Monday, 2 mi on Wed. (it was raining) and I did one mile yesterday in the neighborhood with my Buckley -boy. Today we're hopefully doing another 4 miles at the lake.

DH and I are going to my sisters tomorrow to help her shear her alpacas. That should be a lot of exercise too.

Do not worry about it, Cooker, you still look good ;)...no wonder the long hair is back :)

As Karlynn said, 35 lbs is great. I would also add that when or if I do not sleep well, my body holds on to the fluids too.

I am not weighing since I was just at my PCP and know I am the same.
I am exercising alot more,eating alot less,but my body just doesn't want
to lose what it feels to be prized possession.
So just wanted to check in to cheer everyone on simce if I'm not giving
up yet no one else should either:)

Cooker - Forget the purple spikes..you were supposed to grow a long
late 60's ponytail - wasnt that the agreement?:D
We would like pictures please.

Well it is slowly coming off. I have stuck to it for a few weeks.

STARTING WEIGHT - 173
LAST WEEK - 168
THIS WEEK- 166

Slowly but surely it coming off.

DH and I are going to my sisters tomorrow to help her shear her alpacas. That should be a lot of exercise too.

At first glance, I thought you all were going to shear your sister's armpits.:eek::D
Shearing alpacas is almost as much fun. :rolleyes: Enjoy the exercise and be thankful that they are much smaller than llamas.
How about some before and after pics.?

I like to share with all those who are like me, who when do not sleep well tend to eat more the next day and/or keep the fluids, an advice I read in a health magazine which is to eat about 7 almonds in the evening (about 1.5 points WW; 45 cals.) and a banana. This induces better sleep!!So far, this is working for me. :)

According to Dr. OZ, eating almonds and/or walnuts before a meal curbs the appetite. This did not work for me:eek: so I save my nuts for the evening!

I haven't been to WW in a while, cheated quite a bit, and put on about 1. I just never got past the Easter candy! However, after my brief encounter with chocolate, I'm back on track again, and according to my scale, I have now lost the one I put on plus another one, putting me down 11.

Congrats to all who are down, and oh well, tomorrow is another day to everyone else!

I have been doing nothing special all week and somehow amazingly I have lost 2 pounds..I am ever so pleased with that result...its the most I have lost oin a week except for when I had that nasty tummy bug and couldnt eat for a few days...

Welcome back Cooker...I'd love to see you with purple spikey hair...purple is the best colour and apparently in fashion this year too!

C'mon peoples...seems as if we are missing a few throwdowners?!

Sounds like most of us are sticking with the ThrowDown and am so pleased ... win, lose or draw we are not jumping ship .... we are missing a few but life circumstances sometimes make it hard to stay in touch .... I understand that the priorities of the human species change often:confused: .... a mystery to the simian nation but excepted with a loving heart:) .... simian priorities seldom change but we do have tendency to leap off the preverbal wagon when delicacies are close at hand:D .... we miss those who are MIA and to those lurking (we know you are) please come and join the fun.......

peace out:cool:

MIA offender reporting in. ;) Sort of.

I've had quite a struggle with my eating habits in the last few months and have been consistently inconsistent. I will at least admit that I've gained over 10 pounds. I will start again posting my losses or gains as of next Friday. First I have to take my mother out to eat today :eek:; we're having a late Mother's Day outing (late at her request).

Cindy is doing fine really. She is couple pounds over her goal, but she'll have them off in no time at all.

SB is getting an amazing amount of exercise for an old dude -- hiking, biking, swimming. However, on the nutrition side, DW no longer feels like cooking, so we depend on my patio grilling, taco nights and burger nights with the young folks, and assorted restaurants serving big portions. Bottom line is SB is not losing, but not gaining either. Boring report, he knows.

Well, ok. :rolleyes: If Wise is going to recommit, then maybe I will too.:eek: Full disclosure: Since mid-March I have dealt with heart problems that cause me to become extremely SOB and fatigued after any type of exercise. I have always used exercise to control my weight, so without the benefit of exercise I am up 4 pounds since Christmas, which makes 10 total from last October (when I was at my lowest throw down weight).:(

I am slowly starting back on a low level swimming regime. . . . 35 minutes a day, four to five times a week. I hope I lose some weight along with getting some much needed exercise, but if I don't, I don't. I will check the scales each Friday and report in.

Next contrite MIA throwdowner's turn to confess . . . :p:p:p

Back