Cooker's Throwdown Friday II . . . 4-30-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mary

Cooker sent a SOS . . . he has computer woes and is offline until it's fixed. :eek: Never fear, he will be here to weigh-in as soon as he can. :)SuperBob might need to use his super powers to transport the fearless Chimp through cyberspace and back to his VR home away from home.;)
In the meantime, let the weekly report begin!:p:p

Hmmmm......I was wondering what happened to Cooker. Alas, but he'll be back soon. In the meantime, Superbob saves the day. Just wanted to report in that 1.4 was my loss at WW this morning. Almost to my 5%

Evelyn

For those thinking there's no accountability with the scales since Cooker is absent, think again!:eek:
THE CHIMP IS ABLE TO READ THE FORUM . . . JUST CAN'T POST:eek:!:p
Hmmmmm . . . the possibilities are limitless.:rolleyes::D

Congratulations, Evelyn! You're doing great!

As for myself, after several weeks hiatus, I stepped back on the scales and was pleased to discover a 20 pound loss!:rolleyes: If anyone finds that hard to fathom, it's no harder to believe than the private message Cooker sent the other day.;)
It read, "Dear Ref, I miss your rulings. Your humble chimp, Cooker.":rolleyes:
youarethewomansmilie.gif

I heard that Cooker is away because he spilled his gallon of prune juice on his computer key board.

I'm still the same, but since that means I'm still 12 down from the beginning of Lent, I'm happy. Also - my, hmmmm - how to put this delicately, digestive system has been a bit sluggish the last few days and that may account for being the same. :rolleyes: I've tried to find prune juice - but no store in my area has it in stock. Rumor has it that prune juice has been stock-piled by an unknown individual in an east coast state.

Evelyn - congratulations!

Eva - I was stalled for a year - a solid year at least! It's when I gave up sugar for Lent that my weight started going down. If you were to read a daily list of the things I was eating, you would not understand why giving up sugar seemed to be the jump start. It's not like I was eating 2 or 3 choc chip cookies a day. (Which is why the weight stall was so darned frustrating.) But I ate nothing that had sugar as one of it's main ingredients and it got me going. Just a suggestion. Maybe it's starches for you. But sugar seemed to have a chemical hold on my weight.

Well done Evelyn...

I , like Mary, have had a marvellous week. I snacked on lollies and cookies nearly everyday and didnt gain an ounce ;.

I sympathise Eva...I was stuck too ...Then I gave up white processed Carbohydrates and started counting calories seriously. I have finally been able to shift a few pounds...its happening very very slowly but at least it is happening.

I bet you a million bucks that the Chimp is just hiding out.
The very recent birthday cakes must have caught up with him.....The blown computer must be a bummer.
Should we send him a dozen Krispy Kremes?

The very recent birthday cakes must have caught up with him.....The blown computer must be a bummer.
Should we send him a dozen Krispy Kremes?
Why is it that the EVIL members are the ones that stick around? ;)

The Chimp has attained such celebrity status that he has been masquerading as a mild-mannered baptist on the east coast (southern, mind you). I believe that he's now avoiding all the fanfare by pretending to be "Lost in Cyber-Space"

pleased to discover a 20 pound loss!:rolleyes:

WOW, Mary, congratulations! this is an inspiration

.........still 12 down from the beginning of Lent,
Eva - when I gave up sugar for Lent that my weight started going down.
....... Just a suggestion. Maybe it's starches for you. But sugar seemed to have a chemical hold on my weight.
..........Congratulations, Karlynn...staying the same is good and means a loss next week.

During lent, I gave up sweets and chocolates and did not miss them at all and was happy without them...One piece of choclate after lent brough my addiction again to it!!! I cannot help it (of course I can, but maybe need more willpower)

Your are absolutely right and I know it,,,it is both...sugar and carbs!

I sympathise Eva...I was stuck too ...Then I gave up white processed Carbohydrates and started counting calories seriously. I have finally been able to shift a few pounds...its happening very very slowly but at least it is happening.
Maybe I should try the calorie restriction again...it worked for me even when I was much much thinner than now and it is easier...thanks. I kept your website that you shared and will refer to it.

You are so funny, Bina! my birthday cakes caught up with me!

Congratulations, Evelyn! You're doing great!

As for myself, after several weeks hiatus, I stepped back on the scales and was pleased to discover a 20 pound loss!:rolleyes: If anyone finds that hard to fathom, it's no harder to believe than the private message Cooker sent the other day.;)
It read, "Dear Ref, I miss your rulings. Your humble chimp, Cooker.":rolleyes:
youarethewomansmilie.gif

Superbob, too, has had a nice surprise. He has done so much more bikini watching along the beaches since the temps began to climb that he is down 15 pounds. Of course, he thinks of The poor Chimp, stranded inland, devoid of such inspiring scenery and left with nothing sweet except Krispy Kremes to nibble on. :p

Wow! SB - 15 pounds! Holy smokes! Who'd have thought that watching bikinis would do that. May explain why I stayed so thin all during college - I was a timer for the men's swim team.

I think we've done the Chimp proud--more than 35 pounds lost!;):p:p

Just hope he's able to communicate his own weekly loss by tomorrow . . . :cool:

Cooker and I must be having the same run of luck...I have also gained weight
AND having computer probs. Run time errors with everthing I do online:mad:

It seems this happens every summer..I swell with water like a balloon!

Wishing everyone the best - Dina

Well I had my caths done, and am waiting for my hernia now. I know I missed a couple of weeks but here goes.

STARTING WEIGHT - 173
LAST WEEK -
THIS WEEK- 169

Mr. & Mrs. Chimp must be going for a ride
picture.php
hurry back soon!

Well I had my caths done, and am waiting for my hernia now. I know I missed a couple of weeks but here goes.

STARTING WEIGHT - 173
LAST WEEK -
THIS WEEK- 169

Mr. & Mrs. Chimp must be going for a ride
picture.php
hurry back soon!

I knew he was doing something SPACEy. You know, I think even a chimp weighs less in space.

Back