Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....2-27-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
TheChimp's mind has turned to mush:rolleyes: .... As I sat down to start the thread for this week my mind just went blank .... the crud, fatigue, pump-head or a combination, who knows:rolleyes: .... I have not made it to the scales yet so I will either post my results in a bit or tomorrow ... I hope all have had a good week and feel good about their journey to better health...... Have a great week:)

Superbob is down 3 pounds for the week. (Thank you, Superdawg, for dragging my steel posterior over hill and dale. :D)

Goal for 2009: Lose 20 pounds

Change in past week: Down 3 pounds.

Net change for 2009: Down 5 pounds.

Well, today I am only 2 lbs over goal, instead of 4, having sustained my typical weekend loss this week. Still at 131.4 since Monday, only a .6 fluctuation all week (for us daily CHF weighers).

I cheated, I think.

I had developed a cough over the last several weeks, and finally called my cardio. He started me on daily lasix, thinking it's my pulmonary artery pressure increased because of this aortic insufficiency. Sure enough, the cough is all but gone, lung congestion I wasn't sure I had (oh, don't be a hypochondriac, Laurie, I've been saying to myself) is nearly gone, and I didn't gain 2 pounds this week. I didn't dump a bunch of water, but I didn't put it on, either.

So, the next question: does this move me up on the surgery list? I'm beginning to think I'd like that.

Well, today I am only 2 lbs over goal, instead of 4, having sustained my typical weekend loss this week. Still at 131.4 since Monday, only a .6 fluctuation all week (for us daily CHF weighers).

I cheated, I think.

I had developed a cough over the last several weeks, and finally called my cardio. He started me on daily lasix, thinking it's my pulmonary artery pressure increased because of this aortic insufficiency. Sure enough, the cough is all but gone, lung congestion I wasn't sure I had (oh, don't be a hypochondriac, Laurie, I've been saying to myself) is nearly gone, and I didn't gain 2 pounds this week. I didn't dump a bunch of water, but I didn't put it on, either.

So, the next question: does this move me up on the surgery list? I'm beginning to think I'd like that.

You are almost at goal ...way to go!!! .... this crud is going around and the meds complicate things (or they have for me) ..... I'm sure you will be at goal soon :)

You are almost at goal ...way to go!!! .... this crud is going around and the meds complicate things (or they have for me) ..... I'm sure you will be at goal soon :)

Oh, no, dearie, I was at goal 14 months ago, then started battling the over-age after the ICD surgery, when they put me on new meds that really decreased my heartrate and exercise tolerance, plus a deteriorating aortic valve. I'm fighting the stay-in-one place battle.

And the cough was fluids, aka mild pulmonary hypertension incident to aortic regurg, not the creeping crud. I can't remember the last time I had a cold. The loss is the lasix.

But I AM behaving myself, diet wise, and it's nice to see my efforts are no longer going to be sabotaged by slow sneaking fluid build up. Maybe I WILL get these 2 pounds off. I bet exercise will be easier this weekend.

Good job Laurie, Chimp and SB!

Laurie - sorry to read CHF troubles have reared their ugly head.

Superbob is down 3 pounds for the week. (Thank you, Superdawg, for dragging my steel posterior over hill and dale. :D)

Goal for 2009: Lose 20 pounds

Change in past week: Down 3 pounds.

Net change for 2009: Down 5 pounds.

Great job,:) but Superbob,

Did you forget a few fellow members in your thank you recitation?????:confused:

I seem to remember you had encouragement from some FB members regarding the over hill and dale excursions Superdawg wanted to go on.;)

Maybe we could share in your 3 pound loss?:rolleyes::):)

Great job,:) but Superbob,

Did you forget a few fellow members in your thank you recitation?????:confused:

I seem to remember you had encouragement from some FB members regarding the over hill and dale excursions Superdawg wanted to go on.;)

Maybe we could share in your 3 pound loss?:rolleyes::):)

Ah yes, The Ref and Karlynn -- you two know I am always indebted to you for your wise counsel and encouragement. :);)

This week the scales read the same as last, but I'm hopeful Superbob will share a 1/3 of his weight loss since I did encourage him to take Superdawg for a calorie burning walk.;):p:D

This week the scales read the same as last, but I'm hopeful Superbob will share a 1/3 of his weight loss since I did encourage him to take Superdawg for a calorie burning walk.;):p:D

Staying the same is an accomplishment, Mary, especially for one as fit and slender as you already are. :) SB can't really afford to give away many of his lost pounds -- okay, maybe one-half a pound. :p

Okay, Superbob indeed has lost another half-pound, he discovered after weighing just now (sans cape). So rather than declaring it, he hereby awards it to Mary. I am confident this is allowed -- we don't have to request a ruling from The Ref, do we? :p;)

SB may need to borrow it back in a few days, however. Wet, possibly snowy weather moving in for next 3-4 days making super walks with Superdawg problematic. Will do x-bike but it's not equal of superwalks all over Blue Ridge with Superdawg excited about the prospect of Spring. :)

Well, no loss week this week, up .6 pounds. Can I blame it on the steroid shot for my lungs yesterday? I think not. I will just try harder this week. Good luck to all of you. Hope you all have losses and no gains.

Starting-145
Last Week-135
This Week-135.6
Total loss-9.4

Staying the same is good, especially as SB said you are trim and fit already :p ... Watch out for the weekend feasting;)

Well, no loss week this week, up .6 pounds. Can I blame it on the steroid shot for my lungs yesterday? I think not. I will just try harder this week. Good luck to all of you. Hope you all have losses and no gains.

Starting-145
Last Week-135
This Week-135.6
Total loss-9.4

Sue .... I can gain .6 by breathing :D .... And yes, you can blame it on the steroid shot :D

I went up two pounds. I ate better last week than I have in weeks. I'm perplexed. :confused:

Same thing has happened to me a few times since the holidays. I don't know what to attribute it to either.:(

Back