Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....2-13-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I'm lifetime and at goal (again). However, I'm at the very tip top of goal and I really need to be almost at the bottom. My butt just doesn't want to cooperate!

I looked up my range it the lit. last night and they are saying between 160 and 170 ..... that is to small ... I got to 173 on atkins and people were sure I was dying.... can't you get a note from your PCP that says what your weight should be? .... If so, I could pay her to make it 195:D:D:D:D

That's the motivation I need. we're going to the beach in May.:D:D:D

Earline,
Forget the Smoky's, Cooker's pushing for a beach reunion in October. :eek: He's confident he will be in Speedo shape by then and is attempting to drag the rest of us along for the fun!:p:p:p Don't say you haven't been warned!;):D

Cooker in a Speedo? Gosh, I'll think I'm in Mexico again! Will we get drinks with little umbrellas too? (low cal of course).

Earline,
Forget the Smoky's, Cooker's pushing for a beach reunion in October. :eek: He's confident he will be in Speedo shape by then and is attempting to drag the rest of us along for the fun!:p:p:p Don't say you haven't been warned!;):D

If I'm in a Speedo you gals are in thongs amd band-aids:eek::D:p:p

Earline,

Mary
Cooker's trying to get us all in bikinis for this reunion? He doesn't what he's asking for. He won't be able to handle that.;):p

Cooker in a Speedo? Gosh, I'll think I'm in Mexico again! Will we get drinks with little umbrellas too? (low cal of course).

22 boat drinks will be a requirement for the ladies before I appear in a Speedo:p

Mary
Cooker's trying to get us all in bikinis for this reunion? He doesn't what he's asking for. He won't be able to handle that.;):p

My ticker is just fine ... don't you gals worry about TheChimp:cool::D

If Cooker gets his way - this is one reunion I KNOW Ross would get to - by hook or by crook.

I found two pix of Cooker. Here he is a few months ago. We'll assume that the water was quite cold!

Here he is today. Notice how he used jewelry to disguise his scar in both photos?

I'll have to check in the morning. I haven't really been working hard to lose anything, but I don't think I've gained either.
Okay, it depends on what weigh-in you're looking at to decide if I've gained or not. I'm still down one from two weeks ago, but up two from last week. I knew last week was a fluke! :p

Alas, all is not going so super for Superbob. At doctor's today, find that blood sugar has skyrocketed, and weight also up (more on his scales than mine). Doc added another diabetes med and said if Superbob doesn't improve, he will have to start injecting himself.

Eating out so much is taking a toll. Told DW if we eat out, it's going to have to be Applebee's weight watchers or equiv. And told her even though she can't cook because of shoulder, I will be a willing student. Can't afford to eat out all the time; got to get things under control.

Pretty bummed. Maybe I should call myself something other than "super." :(

Alas, all is not going so super for Superbob. At doctor's today, find that blood sugar has skyrocketed, and weight also up (more on his scales than mine). Doc added another diabetes med and said if Superbob doesn't improve, he will have to start injecting himself.

Eating out so much is taking a toll. Told DW if we eat out, it's going to have to be Applebee's weight watchers or equiv. And told her even though she can't cook because of shoulder, I will be a willing student. Can't afford to eat out all the time; got to get things under control.

We all hit low spots and you seem to have had your share for road blocks and adversities .... Knowing what you need to do an doing it are two different things as we all know .... The only words I can offer is when you get ready you will pick yourself up by the boot straps and get all under control ... it's hard, I'm pulling for you.......

Hey SB,sorry you sound so bummed. Keep the name...you will return to it.

I don't enjoy cooking as some do,if I were alone I probably wouldn't even
eat "real" meals..but DH seems to want them so I try to find a medium
between simple/healthy/appetizing. I try to make things like stir fri's with
veggies,chicken,multi grain pasta(some),and in the winter I make huge
pots of soup that will last a couple days(to my husband's horror). And thats
pretty easy-just chop and boil:) Working together is good too..if both are
willing.

Superbob,

You've got 50% of this licked; you recognize the problem.

Several years ago, I remember how you faced the blood sugar issue head on, and I'm confident you'll do it again.:)

I agree with the others' comments. You will find your way in this. You are not Superbob because of weight loss. You are Superbob because you are a terrific person who we count on for honesty, humor and sincerity. So you are not allowed to drop the Super.

I'm pulling for you SUPERbob. Keep your chin up and cape on. Learning to boil water is always the first step in cooking instruction. ;)....not all pass this stage, but I'm confident you'll do a Super job!

Thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

No, you shall continue to be SuperBob. Now from a type II diabetic, I totally understand your dilema. Those flippin carbs and fats are gonna drive me insane. I have mostly given up noodles, rice and bread. I do eat some whole grain pastas if I can. However, veggies are my friends. Maybe since your wife can't cook right now, she could be in the kitchen with you while you give it a whirl. I talked my husband through a casserole over the phone a couple of weeks ago. Just keep trying, things will work out for you.:)

How wonderful to have friends who understand that even a "superhero" needs to whine once in a while! :D Thanks for all the good words -- you have helped cheer up SuperGloomyBob. :)

It was like a whack upside the chops to get those out of kilter blood sugar numbers (the 3-month average, A1C) because I did have them under such great control earlier. I know my eating habits haven't been "super" lately, but neither have I been scarfing down a lot of sugary things. So it may be that the med addition was part of what's needed (along with more care paid to proper nutrition). I have just started the new med so now I'll see if it turns me into a zombie -- maybe Bizarro Superbob :p -- or actually helps. Sure don't want to have to go to insulin.

Dina, I actually have followed my DW's instructions recently in making a big pot of veggie/beef soup that lasts 2-3 days. And DW understands how urgent it is for me to get this under control. I am the one driver in the household so if I am zonked we are in bad shape. Chris, I know you understand perfectly what it's like to have to police the food so carefully, and I appreciate your suggestions.

Wise, I can boil a mean pot of water, but turning it off is my problem. Have to do that before it all boils out, right? :p

Thanks again for the words of cheer. I hope by paying closer attention I will be able to gradually make some progress in Cooker's Throwdown. Not optimistic about a great showing this Friday, but hopefuly there will be many more Fridays....

Back