Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....12-5-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno. Unless she is sporting a scar down her chest........

just coz she's Oprah doesn't mean she is gonna fit in THIS Zoo!! :p:p

You guys are fun!! At the very least we could bring some attention to valve disease. And even more attention to positive forum communities.

I'm gonna one up her on the confession she made. I've been fibbing. I also weigh 200. 201.5 to be exact. I couldn't bring myself to confess even to you guys what my true number was when the throwdown started. But I'm coming clean if Oprah is!!! :p I truly have lost the 25 lbs since surgery, but that leaves me at 201.

Now I can start 2009 and really be honest with myself at how much weight I really must lose.

I mean, I really love my cow valve. But I agree with Oprah! I don't want to look like a cow!!!

:eek: Marguerite

Marguerite .... Bravo!:) ... That confession took a lot of guts, even with this understanding, nonjudgmental group:D ... As far as Oprah goes ... I first thought here we go with another ratings booster / money maker and it might be ... but I also know what it is like to struggle with weight problems and the feeling that go along with putting it back on after working so hard to get it off ...

I personally think your confession is far more inspirational than anything what she might have said or done:):)

I dunno. Unless she is sporting a scar down her chest........

just coz she's Oprah doesn't mean she is gonna fit in THIS Zoo!!
You guys are fun!! At the very least we could bring some attention to valve disease. And even more attention to positive forum communities.

I'm gonna one up her on the confession she made. I've been fibbing. I also weigh 200. 201.5 to be exact. I couldn't bring myself to confess even to you guys what my true number was when the throwdown started. But I'm coming clean if Oprah is!!! :p I truly have lost the 25 lbs since surgery, but that leaves me at 201.

Now I can start 2009 and really be honest with myself at how much weight I really must lose.

I mean, I really love my cow valve. But I agree with Oprah! I don't want to look like a cow!!!

:eek: Marguerite

I tried to convince Oprah's show that they should do a segment on the 50th anniversary of the first valve replacement, but they didn't pick up on it.:confused: They don't realize that a portion of their tv audience, either personally or through a close friend or relative, will one day have to deal with valve repair or replacement.
They are SO short sighted!:rolleyes::p:p I'm not going to hold it against her when she wants to crash the ThrowDown, but I'm not certain if monkey man will let her join without a Tawdry picture in her photo album.:p

And on another note, I caught last night's biggest loser, and I really think that I should have had this last 10 pounds off ten weeks ago. Some of the finalists have lost 80 pounds in 10 weeks . . . some have lost 9 pounds in one week.:eek:
I think Cindy should start a "weight loss ranch" for those of us that continue to struggle.:):D

I figure I only need 2 things to lose weight and get into shape.
#1 - a personal trainer who comes and kicks my butt 4 days a week
#2 - a personal chef to make me healthy, tasty meals

Oh - and #3 - the funds to afford both.

Having a husband who doesn't have a weight issue and LOVES his meat and potatoes, it's pretty hard to try and cook for him and then seperately cook for myself. He's pretty forgiving - but our children kid him that he thinks chicken is a side-dish. Anything with feathers or scales is NOT meat.

Having a husband who doesn't have a weight issue and LOVES his meat and potatoes, it's pretty hard to try and cook for him and then seperately cook for myself. He's pretty forgiving - but our children kid him that he thinks chicken is a side-dish. Anything with feathers or scales is NOT meat.

I SO empathize,I am going thru the same thing.
He has taken it very personally that I don't want to cook
his 2000 calorie dinners anymore,and if I hear the words..
.."My mom used to..." I'm gonna lose it. I mean the man is
55 years old!!

I SO empathize,I am going thru the same thing.
He has taken it very personally that I don't want to cook
his 2000 calorie dinners anymore,and if I hear the words..
.."My mom used to..." I'm gonna lose it. I mean the man is
55 years old!!

Heck, I am 67, and I still talk about the meat loafs, and stuffed green peppers, and casseroles my Mommy used to make me. Guess that's not something DW likes to hear, huh? :D:p

Heck, I am 67, and I still talk about the meat loafs, and stuffed green peppers, and casseroles my Mommy used to make me. Guess that's not something DW likes to hear, huh? :D:p

Well....not constantly anyway.
I mean,in all honesty,I miss my mom's cooking too:eek:

I personally think your confession is far more inspirational than anything what she might have said or done:):)

Thanks, Cooker. And thanks, too, Mary! :eek::D

And Karlynn, I agree.... when is somebody else gonna do some cookin'???

I'm a much better cook than my mother ever was. That's part of the problem. Everyone wants my gourmet meals all the time. So what I do is just really fill up my plate with the good veggies, a smaller portion of meat and little or no carbs. For awhile, my husband was all gung ho with a trainer. He lost 20 pounds. But he got tired of the "bird food" diet and salad after salad. Now he still sees the trainer, but he's gained all the weight back.

I still think it's lifestyle and gradual loss wins the race. Like Oprah, you can't depend on always having the time or desire to fast or do strenuous exercise if you really don't have your heart and soul into that kind of existence. It's like they ask skinny people on the street, when do you eat. Those toothpicks say, oh, just when I'm hungry. Well we here are probably more a bunch of nervous eaters, or social eaters, or taste-loving eaters. Food means more to us than re-fueling. So unless we are willing to say we will absolutely only eat only what we need to re-fuel and only when we feel hungry, we probably aren't going to make many strides unless we really change the way we are doing things and hold onto the new pattern of choosing.

I have a dang cold right now, so my regimine which I REALLY like is not do-able. I am going back to work part-time in January and managed to find an evening job (haha....now who will be making dinner.... probably still me!!) and so I'll still be able to keep my morning work-outs intact. So I'm thinking that 2009 has GOT to be my year!!!!

Thanks for listening and helping me stay on this. I may not join in all the banter all the time, but you guys are greeeaaaaattttt!!!

:D Marguerite

I think Cindy should start a "weight loss ranch" for those of us that continue to struggle.:):D

Oh Mary, you know not what you ask!!:eek::eek:;)

Hey Marguerite, how about some lite gourmet cooking tips????? I have always wanted to take cooking classes; I think it would end in a growth of knowledge and girth.

Oh Mary, you know not what you ask!!:eek::eek:;)

Hey Marguerite, how about some lite gourmet cooking tips????? I have always wanted to take cooking classes; I think it would end in a growth of knowledge and girth.

Ah Ha!:cool: Great idea, Wise.:p
Cindy opens the weight loss ranch and Marguerite oversees the lite gourmet cooking on premises.:) Any suggestions as to who should conduct the fitness training?;):p

Ah Ha!:cool: Great idea, Wise.:p
Cindy opens the weight loss ranch and Marguerite oversees the lite gourmet cooking on premises.:) Any suggestions as to who should conduct the fitness training?;):p

Maybe Betty could bring her fitness WII. Cindy needs to clean out the place of any and all food other than what we're allowed and when I come she'll have to check my luggage as well because for sure if I can sneek in a cookie or two. I will:D
Earline

Maybe Betty could bring her fitness WII. Cindy needs to clean out the place of any and all food other than what we're allowed and when I come she'll have to check my luggage as well because for sure if I can sneek in a cookie or two. I will:D
Earline

Cindy says she will sneak you some WW cookies!

Are scones banned from this ranch? :eek::p Superbob has discovered mini-scones at his favorite coffeehouse and is not sure he can live without them -- blueberry, lemon, cinnamon, and of course cranberry-orange.

Are scones banned from this ranch? :eek::p Superbob has discovered mini-scones at his favorite coffeehouse and is not sure he can live without them -- blueberry, lemon, cinnamon, and of course cranberry-orange.

You'll have to run it past Cindy and the training staff . . . . don't think the odds are very good, but you can try!:p

I must say it was pretty sneaky of Karlynn to form that "fitness team" of hunks. Superbob overlooked the picture at first -- and now he knows why Mary was so enthusiastic. :p

Needless to say, Superbob is not coming to any weight-loss ranch without his own personal trainer. :D

I must say it was pretty sneaky of Karlynn to form that "fitness team" of hunks. Superbob overlooked the picture at first -- and now he knows why Mary was so enthusiastic. :p

Needless to say, Superbob is not coming to any weight-loss ranch without his own personal trainer. :D
Were they hunks???? I was just looking at their credentials. :D Or is that "credentials"?

Back