Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....12-5-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
I apologize for this being late?I usually have it done early Thursday morning?.Here we go on another week? Folks, there is a lot going on with some of our ThrowDown members?Mary?s grandson, SuperBob?s wife?. In general, there is a lot going on in the lives of our members ? not only heart health concerns but illness, the economy, loved ones in Iraq, the list goes on add infinitum?.

I know when I have worries I eat or sometimes don?t eat?.neither is good for me (or you) but my point is with all that is going on we who are trying to eat wisely and exercise can easily be drawn into habits / behaviors that are counter productive to out goals?.I don?t mean to be a downer but just the opposite?let?s find ways to encourage and cheer one another up?Two weeks from today is Christmas and all of the associated goodies:D?I wanted to be below 200 pounds by Christmas but I doubt that I will make it?.but I am going to try and stand firm to my resolve between now and then?. I will carb-load on Christmas, guaranteed :eek:?. I will post this weeks loss or gain after my WW weigh in Saturday morning?.my report should be good since I have been in the ?not eating? mode for several day?..Looking forward to some good reports and hey, make me laugh would ya??.. :p:p

Dear Mr. Chimp,
Please don't be hard on yourself and have an extra week before Christmas, like the rest of us have.
As there are 3 weeks before Santa comes :)

By September 2, 2009 (my first anniversary), I would love to be at 138 lbs:rolleyes::eek:

I shall report tomorrow morning my throwdown for this week.

Eva....chip away at it slowly .... that is a lot to lose in a year ... I'm not saying it can't be done but make sure you get the proper nutrition ..... and you need to treat yourself from time to time ... I need at least a Snickers every two weeks or I get all hairy:D

Ah, the holidays! Funny, isn't it that sometimes it seems like lots of people have more than their share of problems at the same time we're supposed to be making merry?:eek:

Well, make merry anyway, I say! :)

This week 227.2...up about a half a pound from last time (226.8) but I'm not going to give up...I'm just sticking to my plan and will keep on trying.

Jim

Ah, the holidays! Funny, isn't it that sometimes it seems like lots of people have more than their share of problems at the same time we're supposed to be making merry?:eek:

Well, make merry anyway, I say! :)

This week 227.2...up about a half a pound from last time (226.8) but I'm not going to give up...I'm just sticking to my plan and will keep on trying.

Jim

Yep ... slow and steady wins the race ... if you aren't in the race you can't win:rolleyes: ... I am looking forward to time with friends and family ... and a carb-load or two, or three :D....

Chimp at 170 pounds.;)

FA4F6DD325F5FAB3F8C1A6854394AC.jpg

Went shopping with a friend of mine yesterday.this person doesn't walk
down the sidewalk-they jog! had a heck of a time keeping up,but just know
that I burned lots of calories:) I need to plan lots of things with this person.
She only weighs 120. I didn't weigh myself after last week's gain...I'm shy.
So I will give myself another week;)
Oh,and by sept. 2009 , I want to be 145 --thats a 25 lbs loss for me,but
that is my limit...I look really thin at 145....ahhh thats the stuff dreams are
made of.
Wishing everyone well-Dina

Went shopping with a friend of mine yesterday.this person doesn't walk
down the sidewalk-they jog! had a heck of a time keeping up,but just know
that I burned lots of calories:) I need to plan lots of things with this person.
She only weighs 120. I didn't weigh myself after last week's gain...I'm shy.
So I will give myself another week;)
Oh,and by sept. 2009 , I want to be 145 --thats a 25 lbs loss for me,but
that is my limit...I look really thin at 145....ahhh thats the stuff dreams are
made of.
Wishing everyone well-Dina

Dina ... Glad you had a workout:D ... Also, way to go in setting your goal!! I really believe that helps ....oh, I shop with old people:p

Now that looks like me when I was at my fighting, um, I mean loving weight:D

I thought that for young men, it was the same thing...either one
can and will be accepted:)
Even though my husband is in his mid 50's he is STILL like that:rolleyes:

Okay, through the latest troubles, and cooking Thanksgiving dinner (the chef has to sample along the way, doesn't he?), and eating Cracker Barrel meals more than some cross-country nomad must, SUPERBOB has put on...

SIX POUNDS!

Superbob heareby acknowledges this embarrassing fact before vr.com and the whole world, and vows it as his 2009 goal to lose those SIX pounds PLUS 10 more for a total 2009 loss of SIXTEEN pounds. (Ah, sweet sixteen! :)

He will report each Friday of 2009 on how much of that 16 he has lost or (Heaven forfend) added to. He hereby makes that vow under penalty of forfeiting his spandex and cape if he fails. :p

As a consequence of Superbob lately morphing into Superblob, his pre-heart surgery spinal stenosis has been returning -- lower back pain and numbness in the legs when walking. If that continues, it will perpetuate a vicious cycle -- less mobility, more weight....on the way to being in a walker or wheelchair.

So it is: LOSE SIXTEEN IN 2009!

Following Superbob's lead . . . I gained ONE pound :eek: this week to go with

TWO pounds I gained post Thanksgiving Day binging. :mad::mad:

But call me Scarlett,:D tomorrow is another day!;):p

Following Superbob's lead . . . I gained ONE pound :eek: this week to go with

TWO pounds I gained post Thanksgiving Day binging. :mad::mad:

But call me Scarlett,:D tomorrow is another day!;):p

Exactly!! Tomorrow is another day and a new beginning ? I have faith that you will be victorious over the assault of the evil Pound-Fairy ? A mulligan is available upon request?.;)

Latest posts

Back