Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....12-19-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've been hiding in Mexico. If you ever want a fabulous adults only resort in Riviera Maya (south of Cancun, near Playa del Carmen), then try the Iberostar Grand Paraiso. Decadent, gorgeous facility, fabulous staff, and the FOOD! In 5 days I put on 5 pounds.

They were great about fixing my dinner without salt or soy sauce, etc., too, so I can only blame my weight on my inability to resist croissants, cake, breads, waffles, pancakes, etc. that I usually don't eat at home (and which all have sodium, as well as butter) plus fillet mignon, lobster, salmon, wine, pina coladas, etc. etc.
Yummo.

I'm at 136.7 today, my goal is 129, though I've been hovering around 132 lately. Back to work and dieting now.

An early Merry Christmas to everyone! My WW weight was 174 which means I made my Christmas goal. Now for the tough part. One son and his family arrive this afternoon for the weekend and the other son and his family will be here tomorrow and Sunday. We then have a few days to recoup and then off for a cruise over New Years with my younger sister and her husband. Then home a few days and then the dreaded ankle stuff. I just keep reminding myself that what I eat now I'll have to be carrying around on crutches for weeks afterward...yuk! The best news though is that I had my cardiology appt. and echo this past week and everything is really going very well. In fact, better than that. For the first time in SIX years I didn't have elevated pulmonary pressures on my echo. My aortic valve is the same size it was(1.3), I had no more than trace regurgitation in any valve and No leakage around my St. Jude mitral at all. It just doesn't get much better than that. If it wasn't for my cane I probably would have danced out of the office. I think taking off even the lbs that I have has lessened the workload of my heart.
I will endulge over the holidays and I have a house full of goodies to do it with but when the guests leave I'll send the edibles with them. You all enjoy yourselves and we'll all buckle down again right after the holidays.
Great news all the way around. That ankle will heel in no time. Congratulations on your wonderful news.

OK ....where are all the Throwdowners?:confused: .... We can't let this thing die just because "tis the season" .... I have succumb to the seasonal treats but I know this is a temporary situation .... and so far the pleasure of the southern delecasies have be well worth the few added pounds ....:D

Merry Christmas My Friends!!!!

Starting weight.......233
Last Week .............204
This week...............207
Total Loss ..............26

We'll get there Cooker. I'm here and I don't know how it's possible but I'm the same as last week. I've had some great eating this week so it might show up next week.

Sorry you feel so bad:( ....good wishes for a speedy recovery:)
Thanks Cooker,you may have helped,I think I am finally getting a little
better. And now I have tons of shopping and cleaning to do. My sister,
is coming in from France and will be staying with me for a few days after
Christmas....and the house looks like,well it looks like the people who live
in it had the flu and didn't clean for a week:eek:
Maybe I will call a maid service:D
Still didn't weigh myself,but I SHOULD have lost.
Hope everyone is doing good-Dina

I keep forgetting to weigh on Fridays! Probably because every day feels like it SHOULD be Friday to me, then it ends up being a surprise when it finally is! Here it is, Saturday, and I'm just now seeing this thread. :(

I haven't weighed, but I'm not thinking it would be good. I'm really hoping that the hospital/surgery diet will help me out with the pigging out at Christmas dinner. ;)

Actually, about that Christmas dinner... It's been a major source of stress for me. You see, my family ALWAYS has the same meal for Christmas and I look forward to it every year (carbs be damned!). Well, since I'll be in the hospital I asked my aunt if she would prepare the meal (I did it last year, so apparently that means I get to do it every year hereafter). Well, she doesn't want to do it and said people would just have to deal with not getting to have the traditional meal this year and we can go out to eat instead. Well that thoroughly irritated me. I did not want the traditional meal to be skipped just because I will be in the hospital. She said "It's not just because of you. The whole year has been stressful for me and it doesn't even feel like it should be Christmas. I'd rather just pretend it wasn't and do it some other time. We can have it in January." I realize that I'm crazy stressed because of the surgery and impending holiday, but this really really didn't sit well with me.

Well, I've also been dealing with trying to figure out how to tell my mother that I don't need her to stay the night with me in the hospital. After crying to DH for a good 20 minutes about Christmas being "ruined" because of my surgery, I came up with a solution. I asked my mom if she would prepare the meal at MY house so that everyone can still have Christmas the way it's supposed to be. I told her it would make me feel better. Giving her a job to do I think has helped. I am hoping to be home from the hospital on Christmas Eve (which is when we have our traditional meal), but if I'm not I've given my husband instructions that he is to attend in my place, then bring food to me. Plus, the leftovers will be at my house so I can have them when I do come home. This is the time for comfort food, and darn it, I'm going to have it one way or another!

I called my aunt to tell her I had it taken care of, just in case she started feeling guilty and went to buy the stuff. Well, I had to leave a message and when she called me back I said "It's taken care of. Don't worry about it." She said "You mean you've already bought everything even though you have a million other things to do today?" (I was actually AT the grocery store when she called, but I told her yes) "But we already made reservations." I said "Well, reservations can be cancelled." She said "Now you're making me feel guilty." I feel a tiny bit bad, but not overly. Family is SO stressful! :p

Gotta go do more cleaning before they start arriving tomorrow...

I think I would feel the same as you....Christmas dinner in January just
doesn't have the same meaning. I believe you came up with a good
alternative,pretty good mentality when you have upcoming surgery:)
I am wishing you the best-Dina

Superbob's goal for by the end of 2009:

Lose 16 pounds (the sweets sixteen)

Progress so far: None (Superbob's sweets sixteen is still there, taunting him -- you can't melt me, you can't melt me!)

(To be continued.)

Back