Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....12-19-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
I'm running late this morning and have not had time to hop on the scales:rolleyes: ... I will report my nekkid weight tomorrow morning and I expect the direction to be upward as I have indulged in quite a few holiday goodies this week :D.... tis the season:p

Wishing all Throwdowners a great week of moving and losing but most of all don't get dicouraged....this time of year is full of food, fun and food ....did I already say food?:rolleyes: ....

My nekkid weight remains the same as last week, and the week before.:eek:

I probably would have lost if I hadn't baked cookies two days ago and have eaten them nonstop ever since.:mad: Good news is that they are all gone, and I don't intend to bake anymore!;)

Good luck to all throwdowner's this week and remember next Thursday is Christmas Day . . . will we be weighing in on Friday, dear Chimpmeister?:p:cool:

OK ....where are all the Throwdowners?:confused: .... We can't let this thing die just because "tis the season" .... I have succumb to the seasonal treats but I know this is a temporary situation .... and so far the pleasure of the southern delecasies have be well worth the few added pounds ....:D

Merry Christmas My Friends!!!!

Starting weight.......233
Last Week .............204
This week...............207
Total Loss ..............26

Sorry...I am STILL not feeling great.Some really bad flu that has hit alot
of us in NY. I have had it for a week now and am tired of it now. If I still
feel bad Sunday I'm going to my doc,she is in office 2 sundays a month.
So...you would think I would have lost weight.Not eating hardly anything
but tea and low sodium chicken soup. But I don't think I have,so I am
not going to weigh yet ,I don't think I can handle seeing a gain,I'll wait
til I am better equipped to handle.
Hope everyone is doing good, now I am going back to bed-Dina:)

Sorry...I am STILL not feeling great.Some really bad flu that has hit alot
of us in NY. I have had it for a week now and am tired of it now. If I still
feel bad Sunday I'm going to my doc,she is in office 2 sundays a month.
So...you would think I would have lost weight.Not eating hardly anything
but tea and low sodium chicken soup. But I don't think I have,so I am
not going to weigh yet ,I don't think I can handle seeing a gain,I'll wait
til I am better equipped to handle.
Hope everyone is doing good, now I am going back to bed-Dina:)

Sorry you feel so bad:( ....good wishes for a speedy recovery:)

Our WW meeting/weigh-in was canceled this week because of snow (which is all gone now...yeah!). I haven't a consistent week, so I'm not going to weigh-in at home either.

Cooker, last night, we ate the Mexican restaurant you and Sherry ate at with us. It wasn't a lite meal either :eek:.

Tonight we're going out to eat with Cindy's mom and son/daughter-in-law for her birthday dinner. Again, we were basically snowed-in on her birthday (Tuesday). We're going to Famous Dave's; neither of us have ever been there, but that's what Cindy picked. She has heard it's good.

So we'll report our weight next week. But this week, a mulliganing we will go! Hi ho the bbq, a mulliganing we will go!

Our WW meeting/weigh-in was canceled this week because of snow (which is all gone now...yeah!). I haven't a consistent week, so I'm not going to weigh-in at home either.

Cooker, last night, we ate the Mexican restaurant you and Sherry ate at with us. It wasn't a lite meal either :eek:.

Tonight we're going out to eat with Cindy's mom and son/daughter-in-law for her birthday dinner. Again, we were basically snowed-in on her birthday (Tuesday). We're going to Famous Dave's; neither of us have ever been there, but that's what Cindy picked. She has heard it's good.

So we'll report our weight next week. But this week, a mulliganing we will go! Hi ho the bbq, a mulliganing we will go!

Party On!!! .... And Happy Birthday to Cindy!!!!! ..... I'm buying a round of mulligans for all memebers:D

Last week: 228.6

This week: 227.0

I'll take it. I don't know what will happen this week. I'm baking "Viennese Crescents" today...my mother always made them at the holidays. Too good. On Thursday I'm cooking for seven...the traditional holiday meal. Too good.

Sigh.:(

Best wishes,

Jim

Recipe!!!!

Hey, do you listen to Mozart when you eat those?! ;):D

I'll take it. I don't know what will happen this week. I'm baking "Viennese Crescents" today...my mother always made them at the holidays. Too good. On Thursday I'm cooking for seven...the traditional holiday meal. Too good.

Best wishes,

Jim

What time is dinner????:D

Best wishes,

Jim

Jim, You can't boost about food without giving the Recipe!

OK...well I can't put this in the heart healthy forum so here goes...courtesy Fannnie Farmer:

Set the oven at 300 degrees.

Cream thoroughly:
1 cup butter:D
Add:
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup ground almonds (unblanched)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix well. Shape with fingers into crescents about 3 inches by 1 inch and 1/2 inch thick. Roll in:
Confectioner's sugar
Place on cooky sheets. Bake 35 minutes. Cool. Roll in Sugar. Makes about 36

Finally, resist the temptation to eat half of them before anybody finds out you made them.

...and yes, play Mozart while you gobble them down...

Jim

OK...well I can't put this in the heart healthy forum so here goes...courtesy Fannnie Farmer:

Set the oven at 300 degrees.

Cream thoroughly:
1 cup butter:D
Add:
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup ground almonds (unblanched)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix well. Shape with fingers into crescents about 3 inches by 1 inch and 1/2 inch thick. Roll in:
Confectioner's sugar
Place on cooky sheets. Bake 35 minutes. Cool. Roll in Sugar. Makes about 36

Finally, resist the temptation to eat half of them before anybody finds out you made them.

Jim

Jim ... Almonds ground in a quick mill or finely chopped?

An early Merry Christmas to everyone! My WW weight was 174 which means I made my Christmas goal. Now for the tough part. One son and his family arrive this afternoon for the weekend and the other son and his family will be here tomorrow and Sunday. We then have a few days to recoup and then off for a cruise over New Years with my younger sister and her husband. Then home a few days and then the dreaded ankle stuff. I just keep reminding myself that what I eat now I'll have to be carrying around on crutches for weeks afterward...yuk! The best news though is that I had my cardiology appt. and echo this past week and everything is really going very well. In fact, better than that. For the first time in SIX years I didn't have elevated pulmonary pressures on my echo. My aortic valve is the same size it was(1.3), I had no more than trace regurgitation in any valve and No leakage around my St. Jude mitral at all. It just doesn't get much better than that. If it wasn't for my cane I probably would have danced out of the office. I think taking off even the lbs that I have has lessened the workload of my heart.
I will endulge over the holidays and I have a house full of goodies to do it with but when the guests leave I'll send the edibles with them. You all enjoy yourselves and we'll all buckle down again right after the holidays.

An early Merry Christmas to everyone! My WW weight was 174 which means I made my Christmas goal. Now for the tough part. One son and his family arrive this afternoon for the weekend and the other son and his family will be here tomorrow and Sunday. We then have a few days to recoup and then off for a cruise over New Years with my younger sister and her husband. Then home a few days and then the dreaded ankle stuff. I just keep reminding myself that what I eat now I'll have to be carrying around on crutches for weeks afterward...yuk! The best news though is that I had my cardiology appt. and echo this past week and everything is really going very well. In fact, better than that. For the first time in SIX years I didn't have elevated pulmonary pressures on my echo. My aortic valve is the same size it was(1.3), I had no more than trace regurgitation in any valve and No leakage around my St. Jude mitral at all. It just doesn't get much better than that. If it wasn't for my cane I probably would have danced out of the office. I think taking off even the lbs that I have has lessened the workload of my heart.
I will endulge over the holidays and I have a house full of goodies to do it with but when the guests leave I'll send the edibles with them. You all enjoy yourselves and we'll all buckle down again right after the holidays.

Betty .... what wonderful news!! ... Have a great Christmas and celebrate the reason for the season!!!:)

Congratulations Betty on reaching your pre-Christmas weight goal! That really is an accomplishment amongst this group.;)

That's terrific news about your cardio's report. May you continue doing just as well as you are now.

Latest posts

Back