Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....12-12-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to both you and Cindy. You know, I feel so blessed to have met so many nice people this fall. It just adds another dimension when you have an actual person behind posts.

I'm in 100% agreement!:)

Earline, congratulations on the loss! A pound loss is a pound loss . . . I wouldn't refuse it!;):p

Jim, next week will be better.:)

Up and down up and down up and down :eek::D:eek: ...I think we can expect al lot of that during the holidays .... I was down .8:rolleyes: at WW this morning ...I thought I would have been down at least 2 but at least it was down ....hang in there everyone ....the holidays will be over before we know it and the temptations will subside ..... until then .... pass the fudge :p

Up and down up and down up and down :eek::D:eek: ...I think we can expect al lot of that during the holidays .... I was down .8:rolleyes: at WW this morning ...I thought I would have been down at least 2 but at least it was down ....hang in there everyone ....the holidays will be over before we know it and the temptations will subside ..... until then .... pass the fudge :p

Good going! Down is down!

Hmmmm....sounds like some fudging will going on. ;)

Congratulations on the loss, Chimp!:)

Just watch the cheeseburger and fries!;)

Sometimes people laugh when one blames a weight gain on "fluid" but knowing the wild fluctuations in weight "fluid" causes it isn't a lame excuse. It can be discouraging too when the scales don't show the progress we hope to see. The nice part about fluid though is that it can leave just as rapidly as it accumulates. I just don't want anyone to get down because of the number showing on the scale. If you suspect it is fluid then more than likely that is exactly what it is.

Thought I'd make do with a light lunch today -- and then run errands while a friend was visiting with DW. BAD idea! I got shaky on way home, came in house and took blood sugar -- reading was 74, the lowest reading I've ever had! Now eating protein and carb snacks and gradually the shakiness is abating. When will I ever learn to pack emergency snacks wherever I go? (Probably not.) At least I had my medical bracelet around my neck in case I conked out.

Thought I'd make do with a light lunch today -- and then run errands while a friend was visiting with DW. BAD idea! I got shaky on way home, came in house and took blood sugar -- reading was 74, the lowest reading I've ever had! Now eating protein and carb snacks and gradually the shakiness is abating. When will I ever learn to pack emergency snacks wherever I go? (Probably not.) At least I had my medical bracelet around my neck in case I conked out.

Uhhmmmpphh, could we ask Superbob to PLAN to take snacks along on his next outing?;):p We enjoy his posts very much and greatly wish for there to be a next one, and a next one, so forth! ;):):p Glad you had the medical bracelet though.

How is Mrs. Superbob doing? Hope she is healing well!

There ya go thinkin' again!

There ya go thinkin' again!

Thinkin' is difficult work -- unless it's thinkin' about, you know, working out. :)

Regarding Mrs. Superbob, she is very gradually recovering from shoulder fracture, still much pain, arm still in sling, Consequently, Superbob is cooking all the meals, which may explain him neglecting to take emergency food along for his jaunt. Last night Superbob cooked a beef roast, with baked sweet potato, sweet peas, and salad, and tonight he made gravy for hot roast beef sandwiches. Mrs. Superbob raved about how good the meal was. :)

Now if only he could think to bring some peanut butter crackers along when he's going to be out in the boonies for a few hours.
:rolleyes:

Whew! I'm starting to see some of this water weight come off! I stepped on the scale this morning and was down to 138 (about -4 from earlier this week). I'm certainly not happy with the weight and want to take about 8 more off, but I'll take this as a start. I'm not sure what the difference has been, other than having cooked at home a few extra times this week. Guess that's the key. I always cook low sodium, so I'm sure it factors in.

Whew! I'm starting to see some of this water weight come off! I stepped on the scale this morning and was down to 138 (about -4 from earlier this week). I'm certainly not happy with the weight and want to take about 8 more off, but I'll take this as a start. I'm not sure what the difference has been, other than having cooked at home a few extra times this week. Guess that's the key. I always cook low sodium, so I'm sure it factors in.

Good job Niki!! .... A loss is a loss:D.....

Wow - can you come cook for me! My stomach is growling just reading it!

Good job Niki! And I notice you are just about at that 12 week mark!!!

Hello and congrats to all the losers this week!!

I am not reporting from the scale because even though it appears that there has been no change, my jeans are tighter so the lack of activity during this nasty flu-like bug and our unusual icy weather is not giving me any progress. But I'm okay with this because I'm being very careful about what I eat. The kids are flying in tonight and saturday and with all the hustle and bustle that extra bodies in the household create, I'm not going to worry too much. Not much is going to happen for me until January.

I am not doing any baking for the holidays. The kids always complain that it's too much sugar (!!!) anymore, so 2 boxes of Peppermint Bark from Williams-Sonoma and maybe I'll try baking some sugared pecans and that's it. Having lots of baggies of prepared organic crunchy vegetables and hummus and artichoke dip in the fridge instead.

Well keep up the good work everyone. If I don't get back on before the holidays....please be safe and surrounded by love!

Best wishes.

Marguerite

Back