Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....12-12-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Ok, here we go ... fourteen day until Christmas:) ... two weeks of throwing down before the feasting begins at the Cooker household:eek: ... I will report in after my Saturday WW weigh in and I am expecting great results this week:p ... I want to start reporting my actual weight but I need to decide if I report WW weight or nekkid weight:confused: ... Hope everyone will have a success this week and that we can roll through the holidays with minimal damage if any .... Good Luck!!!!

Ok, I have decided to go with nekkid;) ... after stepping on the scales it occurred that this way there is no guessing about the weight of clothes and contents of my pockets ... so from now on (until I decide otherwise:p) I will weigh in nekkid every Thursday.... I might even reach my Christmas morning goal of 200 or under:eek:

Starting weight........233
This week....................204
Total Loss ..................29

Ok, I have decided to go with nekkid;) ... after stepping on the scales it occurred that this way there is no guessing about the weight of clothes and contents of my pockets ... so from now on (until I decide otherwise:p) I will weigh in nekkid every Thursday.... I might even reach my Christmas morning goal of 200 or under:eek:

Starting weight........233
This week....................204
Total Loss ..................29

I can't believe that you're just now getting nekkid! :eek: You're late to the game!:D If you'd shave that chimp hair off, you'd lose even faster!;)Congratulations on the weight loss!:):)

Superbob's declared goal for 2009:

Loss of 16 pounds.

Early start this week: down 1 pound.

Secret: switched to mini-scones, and eating only one muffin and one biscuit from Cracker Barrel instead of 10 of them, or whatever. :p

Note on the supposed ignominy of 200 pounds: Superbob ain't been below 200 since he was 12 years old, and he expects never to be again. Superbob is a Double-XL boy, a defensive lineman type, and proud of it. :p

Nevertheless, his objective is to shed 16, which will still, thankfully, leave him healthily above 200. :)

Superbob's declared goal for 2009:

Loss of 16 pounds.

Early start this week: down 1 pound.

Secret: switched to mini-scones, and eating only one muffin and one biscuit from Cracker Barrel instead of 10 of them, or whatever. :p

Note on the supposed ignominy of 200 pounds: Superbob ain't been below 200 since he was 12 years old, and he expects never to be again. Superbob is a Double-XL boy, a defensive lineman type, and proud of it. :p

Nevertheless, his objective is to shed 16, which will still, thankfully, leave him healthily above 200. :)

Congratulations on your loss of weight, and your stated resolve for the new year. You can do it!

Wow, it seems like everyone is off to a good start this week. My WW weight this week is 176 which means a one pound loss. My goal is still to be under 175 by Christmas. My next goal is to be down to 160 by Easter. During this time of year any loss is good. Actually any loss is good any time of year.:)

Today I was busy baking for our troops. I'm not sure if they will be going overseas or will stay at Ft. Bragg. We have someone from Ft.Bragg coming to pick them up at church before the Sunday morning service. It means I have two more days of baking. Today I didn't even lick a beater and Tom came in and ate the cookies that got broken. He was good to remove the temptation.....such a good husband! Have a good week everyone!

Wow, it seems like everyone is off to a good start this week. My WW weight this week is 176 which means a one pound loss. My goal is still to be under 175 by Christmas. My next goal is to be down to 160 by Easter. During this time of year any loss is good. Actually any loss is good any time of year.:)

Today I was busy baking for our troops. I'm not sure if they will be going overseas or will stay at Ft. Bragg. We have someone from Ft.Bragg coming to pick them up at church before the Sunday morning service. It means I have two more days of baking. Today I didn't even lick a beater and Tom came in and ate the cookies that got broken. He was good to remove the temptation.....such a good husband! Have a good week everyone!

Good job Betty!!! ... I have been know to help Sherry by "removing temptation":D ... And you a right, any loss this time of the year is a victory!!!:)

Great job, Betty! I bet you'll make your Christmas goal!:):):)

I stayed the same this week. That's not good, since I needed to get rid of last week's gain, and I'm going to start the holiday baking today. But I've been given sage advice by our Throwdown leader . . . don't lick the spoon!;):p:p

Congrats to Superbob and Betty for their loss,and Mary for not gaining anymore.
I'm kinda in Mary's category - I had gained a pound and now I am
back down to what I was or below,but most of it is water weight. The past
few days I had tons of water retention...coulda supplied a tribe of bedouins
for a few weeks. Yeah,pretty extreme. So I took about 3x my regular dose
of lasix(doc agreed)and can now see that my foot really is a foot:)
Strangely my potassium is a little high(5.4),mostly because I listened to the
doctors and took my K+ supplement I am prescribed with the lasix. Thing is,
I didn't even take 1/8th of the dose prescribed....can you imagine if I had?!
Its either that I am getting enough K+ in my diet(I do eat alot of raisins)
or I am having kidney problems-I hope not!

Wishing everyone well-Dina

We have some good losers here. Unfortunately I'm still not one of them. Been a member of the Throw-Down since it's inception and I've lost and gained the same 5 pounds from the beginning. I feel like I'm "dieting" in order not to gain more weight, because my healthy eating doesn't seem to be helping me lose any.

However - After the holidays I'm going to get some new resolve. Plus I'll be going to see my cardio for my (late) 6 mo check and we're going to have a serious discussion about possible factors, hopefully taking a good look at my thyroid. I will also be going to my PCP (who's wonderful) for the annual PAP. So we'll be discussing it then too. Possibly taking a look at my hormones to see what's up and how that might be factoring into it.

My goal was to be HOT by my 50th. A year ago that seemed like a pretty good goal. I'd hoped to lose 10lbs. But last Sat. was my 50th and I'm still looking to lose those 10lbs and 15 is really my goal.

I guess I"m writing this all out more for me to make a solid plan for myself. Not to elicit sympathy. And hopefully other women "of that age" can find comfort that they are not the only ones being sensible but see no improvement.

Keep me laughing gang!!!!

Happy to report 1.5 lbs loss. This takes me to the starting wt.

Started at : 166 lbs
Last week: 167.5 lbs
two weeks: 172.5 (it was fluids)
Today: 166

PS: I love your hair and you need it during the winter time:D:

Ick, I'm up about 3 lbs since the week before Thanksgiving. :eek:
Guess I've been giving too much thanks. :rolleyes:

I'm not planning on real strict adherance to any diet for the next couple/three weeks, either, between vacation and parties. I won't totally indulge in all the goodies coming into the office: pies, cakes, turkeys, candy galore, etc. etc. but I know there will be nibbles.

I'll try to keep it to a minimum. Sigh. Good thing I have you all to keep me honest.

Good job everyone! Mary you'll get rid of that extra. We went to a Christmas party and ate normal for a party goer and we still lost weight. Yippee!

We usually weigh on Tuesday, but we didn't this week until today. We were so busy busy busy. I had to wind down a tad bit, then honestly I forgot about posting. Thanks for the little nudge Ref!

Cindy lost .4 pounds. I thought she'd reach her lifetime milestone with WW this week, but that will be next week. Kudos to her for her determination!

I lost 2.6 pounds to my surprise. I have been juggling the same little bit of weight loss/gain since September, but I think this week was a good turnaround for me.

Good job everyone! Mary you'll get rid of that extra. We went to a Christmas party and ate normal for a party goer and we still lost weight. Yippee!

We usually weigh on Tuesday, but we didn't this week until today. We were so busy busy busy. I had to wind down a tad bit, then honestly I forgot about posting. Thanks for the little nudge Ref!

Cindy lost .4 pounds. I thought she'd reach her lifetime milestone with WW this week, but that will be next week. Kudos to her for her determination!

I lost 2.6 pounds to my surprise. I have been juggling the same little bit of weight loss/gain since September, but I think this week was a good turnaround for me.

Way to go, Wise and Cindy!:)

No change. :( Well, I went down 2 lbs one day and back on the next... I know I've got a lot of water weight on. I can see it in my ankles (or maybe they're cankles right now). I can't wait until I can finally get my ICD working right and get this darn CHF in check! :mad:

Congratulations to both you and Cindy. You know, I feel so blessed to have met so many nice people this fall. It just adds another dimension when you have an actual person behind posts.

Well I'm down one not great but I'll take it.

Congrats to all of you that managed a weight loss or even a maintaince this week. Next two weeks are going to be tough but we can do it.

Well, I'm up 1.4 this week...couldn't do my usual walking due to travel and bad weather. Also I'm also having the problem that eating healthy is not helping me lose weight.:eek: Nevertheless, I'm hoping to make some adjustments and that resuming the walking program will help.

COngratulations to everyone who lost, or stayed the same, or is trying like hell:)

Jim

Back