Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....11-7-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being new to this thread, I have a question: is this more about our activity levels or about weight loss...or both?

Being new to this thread, I have a question: is this more about our activity levels or about weight loss...or both?

Hi Jeff ... this primarily a weight loss thread that started a little over a year ago ... some report activity level here as well ... there is a mileage ThrowDown and Moving and Grooving thread that are available too ... all are welcome ... if you need to shed a few pounds this is just here to give support and a few laughs:D

Obviously at least three of us need a week-end reunion, motivation session to rekindle our weight loss determination . . . .

I definitely need some serious motivation.
It seems like every couple weeks I keep saying things like.."Okay,for my
birthday I will be 10 pounds lighter!" or "Okay, for Thanksgiving at my SIL's
I will be thinner!" Now, I am saying'Okay,for my Christmas wedding anniversary
I will have gone down a size or two.........?
And I keep lying to myself. Trouble is I am only eating about 1000 calories
a day, eat close to the Medditer. diet,I exercise moderately,but I am still
not showing any real results.
I am thinking maybe I should do a fast/system cleanse for 3 days- not the
strict ones ,but the one that allows clear juices,herbal teas and broth(low
Na+). Mostly to get myself in the frame of mind that I need to be in to
accomplish this.

Thanks for listening-everyone.

Hope everyone is doing good:)

I definitely need some serious motivation.
It seems like every couple weeks I keep saying things like.."Okay,for my
birthday I will be 10 pounds lighter!" or "Okay, for Thanksgiving at my SIL's
I will be thinner!" Now, I am saying'Okay,for my Christmas wedding anniversary
I will have gone down a size or two.........?
And I keep lying to myself. Trouble is I am only eating about 1000 calories
a day, eat close to the Medditer. diet,I exercise moderately,but I am still
not showing any real results.
I am thinking maybe I should do a fast/system cleanse for 3 days- not the
strict ones ,but the one that allows clear juices,herbal teas and broth(low
Na+). Mostly to get myself in the frame of mind that I need to be in to
accomplish this.

Thanks for listening-everyone.

Hope everyone is doing good:)

I don't think I'd do a fasting thing. That will only tell your body to store fat so you won't starve!! Maybe 1,000 calories isn't enough! I mean, isn't enough food!!!!! Think about how you eat, not what you eat. Can you do a few light snacks or mostly small meals but more frequently? Keep your body kind of at a regular satiated place most of the day.

Maybe you should look at when you are eating what kinds of foods during the day. Can you make your largest meal in the midday? Can you boost your moderate exercise to something a little longer, or more pronounced?

We're all constructed so differently. It's tough to find something that works.
Don't give up!!!

Best wishes.

Marguerite

Thanks for the input,Marguerite. I definitely need to change my strategy
since this plan of attack is not effective.
I really wanted to wear this dress for my anniversary on Chritmas Eve- I
haven't been able to fit into it for 2 years. It's my goal to wear it for that
night.
My husband doesn't understand why I don't go out and buy new clothes that fit better(I've only bought a few new things). I tell him That if I did that I would feel as if I have given up on my goal. It's probably a little unreasonable,
but I still have hopes:)

Dina...There is definitely truth to "not eating enough" ... the body goes into a preservation mode and there you go, no loss ... try and eat when hungry and watch what you eat ... never give up!! I understand about the clothes too ... I refuse to buy bigger pants, it's like waving the white flag ...

Dina...There is definitely truth to "not eating enough" ... the body goes into a preservation mode and there you go, no loss ... try and eat when hungry and watch what you eat ... never give up!! I understand about the clothes too ... I refuse to buy bigger pants, it's like waving the white flag ...

This is a very interesting discussion, and I tend to agree with Marguerite and Cooker about the "starvation mode," Dina. You could google those words and find a lot on it -- with just a quick look, I didn't see anything to pass along as the authoritative word, but I know I have read over the years about this syndrome. (Of course with my scone intake, I never fall into caloric deficit :D:p) But seriously maybe there is a local dietician/nutritionist who could give you good advice about this.

Did I just read that you keep a white flag waving in your pants?:confused::eek:;) Is that what that is?:confused:

Well, things are about to get super-serious on the weight-loss front here in the Herron household. DH just left the doctor's office about his back. He's been having problems with his back for quite some time and recently it has progressed into tingling down his leg. The doctor said the difference in his MRI from Feb. to yesterday was "significant." He is to try losing weight and therapy first. The doc doesn't think it will reverse the damage, but may slow/stop it. :(

Of course, with him working on losing weight, I know I will be eating better as well. But I wish it was a different motivator...

Cooker, listen to Ann; she's always right.

Mary, good job!

Our report.....a really big one it is for one little lady:

CINDY:

Starting Weight: 170.4
Last Week: 130.8
This Week: 129.6
Weekly Change: -1.2
Total Loss: 40.8

THIS MEANS....that Cindy has reached her WW goal!!!!!!

WISE:

Starting Weight: 204.8
Last Week: 176
This Week: 175.8
Weekly Change: -.2
Total Loss: 29

Meager, but I'll take it.

Congratulations to you both but especially Cindy. A great achievement! Someday I hope to be there myself. Wise, how tall is Cindy???..I'm thinking about 5'3"?

Way to go Cindy!!!:D Yahooo ?. Wise sticking to the stuff :)?. Eva, steady loosing:) ?Marguerite back in the saddle:) ?. SuperBob under the weather but back with us:) ?.. Way to go!! ?. Now if I just had not discovered the peanut butter and chocolate dipped banana I would be set:rolleyes: ? it?s sort of like a Reese?s Cup Chimp style:p:p

Ditto! Ditto! (except for the dipped banana:()

'm the same. I just can not seem to get it together. Eating too much and not walking enough.

I see my cardio in January and he will not be a happy camper if I have not only a weight gain but no walking.

You'll get it together...just wait and see. A lot can happen before January.

Congratulations to you both but especially Cindy. A great achievement! Someday I hope to be there myself. Wise, how tall is Cindy???..I'm thinking about 5'3"?

Thanks for the nice words. However, Cindy is only 5'1"; formerly 5'2"...before she settled.

Thanks Guys, I needed a little support/advice since it is a real uphill
battle. I think I will try to talk to a dietician,one who will take into account
the hypothyroidism.
Cooker-glad to hear I'm not the only one who refuses to buy a wardrobe
of larger- sized clothes. I have been known to buy an item that I really love,
just one size too small,so I will have added pressure to lose.

Gnusgal-my husband has back problems and it definitely gets worse when
he gains weight.And he only gains at most 10 pounds. He has never been
overweight,the lucky %&?$#&$:rolleyes:

Thanks for the nice words. However, Cindy is only 5'1"; formerly 5'2"...before she settled.

I was 5'5" and "settled" to 5'4" but stretched again to 5'5" when I had my cervical fusion last year. That means I can now carry more weight and still be in a healthy range.:)

OK, it's IMPOSSIBLE to loose weight when they keep pumping saline solution into my IV to flush it. :( I feel fat. :(

Latest posts

Back