Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....11-26, 27, 28,29....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
It was suggested, rather strongly:rolleyes:, that I start this weeks ThrowDown early so that all that want to can weigh in Thursday morning before the feasting begins?.. In the spirit of the season mulligans will not be questioned:cool: ? I will report in Thursday morning regardless of what those blasted scales may say ?. Comfort food has had a way of jumping in my mouth as of late no matter how hard I try to block it:mad: ?. Snicker bars and banana pudding are crafty adversaries;)?.

I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with love and laughter??..

What a brilliant idea, Grand Poo-Pah Chimp!;):p:D

Since I will be out of town Thursday, I will weigh in tomorrow . . . maybe!!:)

Well?. I have just completed 2 of 3 Thanksgiving feasts:eek:?.. we need to start a guess TheChimps weight contest:rolleyes:

That would be hippo-critical of me to do so. We weighed at WW today. I gained .8 pounds. No biggie, except that is what I did last week. Since .8 + .8 + .8 + .8 + .8 ..ad naseum = damage done, I better find my feet on the straight and narrow again real soon.

I'm not to beat myself up this week, with Thanksgiving and all. I am going to endeavor to behave for the most part. Since I can't think of any food that I love more than sugar and chocolate, I know what I need to watch.

Best wishes to all for a successful Thanksgiving week, whatever that may mean to YOU.

p.s. Cindy lost 2 pounds

That would be hippo-critical of me to do so. We weighed at WW today. I gained .8 pounds. No biggie, except that is what I did last week. Since .8 + .8 + .8 + .8 + .8 ..ad naseum = damage done, I better find my feet on the straight and narrow again real soon.

I'm not to beat myself up this week, with Thanksgiving and all. I am going to endeavor to behave for the most part. Since I can't think of any food that I love more than sugar and chocolate, I know what I need to watch.

Best wishes to all for a successful Thanksgiving week, whatever that may mean to YOU.

p.s. Cindy lost 2 pounds

OK.... I want to know her secret:eek: ..... if she looses anymore she will be invisible:) .... I on the other hand can be spotted from miles away:eek:

Cooker,

Wheter I weigh tomorrow or any day later, I know it is a disaster for me!! Since I started taking Fish Oil, my appetite has increased, and I cannot stop. Is this in my head only, or a co-incidence since I am exercising more these weeks?!

Can I be excused for reporting this week?!:);)

Cooker,

Wheter I weigh tomorrow or any day later, I know it is a disaster for me!! Since I started taking Fish Oil, my appetite has increased, and I cannot stop. Is this in my head only, or a co-incidence since I am exercising more these weeks?!

Can I be excused for reporting this week?!:);)

Yes... you may be excused:).....The holidays are for celebrating so lets celebrate!!!!:D:D:D

Well let's see:D Yeah it shows. We are at our son's since yesterday and we ate lasagna, seafood gumbo, fresh baked cookies, and we attended a reception for grandparents with food of course.

So it might not be a good week to weigh and anyway there is no scale here.:D

I'm done with excuses the next batch of cookies is ready.

I really need to come over to Cindy's and let her take over my diet
Earline

Well, OK, I promised Tom I'd be back....I fell off the diet wagon in early October when I went on a cruise....then there were several weekends of out of town conventions...and so the weight went the other way from a low of 224.6 up to a high of 228.4.

So here's my good news: I'm trying to get back in control...two weeks ago 228.4, last week 227.6, this evening 226.8. Now, I still have to have that old devil alcohol, especially after I just met with the surgeon for the very first time and the big date may be approaching, but we're making progress on intake of the foodstuffs, at least. Hey, this is the real deal, what can I tell ya?

Anyway, a sincere HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all you Throwdowners...you're a great group!

Jim

I am being a good girl. Eating very small portions, but going for the portions whenever I feel hungry. It's working. Down 3 pounds. Of course, that's just 1 pound less than I was several months ago before hubby and I went on eating/vacation binge!! :p

Exercising 2 times a week now that knees are in better shape and hope to make it 3X next week. I am definitely trying to push right now since my knees are better. Apox on the holidays!! I can resist! I've just finished off the last of the Halloween candy (why oh why I didn't throw it out.....ask my husband...oh it looks so cute in the cookie jar and I want one piece a WEEK so leave it there....but it's all getting gobbled up by me instead!) and I'm not buying any more goodies!! Just healthy stuff!

Be good this weekend, everyone. Eat light. Take half of what you would normally the first time around and then indulge in seconds.

We can get through this!!! :D

Best wishes to everyone for a lovely holiday. I'll probably be too busy to swing by again. Hugs to all!!

Marguerite

Good job Cindy, Jim, and Marguerite! I particularly like Marguerite's suggestion that we take 1/2 of the first serving and then go back for seconds (if needed). That sounds like the type of creative cheating that will fool my brain!:p:p
I had a slight gain, a half a pound, but that doesn't bode well for the rest of the week.:eek: Luckily we're going to my sister's place for our Thanksgiving meal so I won't have leftovers in the house. Maybe that will be enough to save me from an ugly weigh in next week --I hope!:p:p

Oh gees...whats the date up there supposed to read?...Cooker...I already have difficulty reading your American dates which are backwards in my books...lol...

Holiday?...oh Thanksgiving ...again already...gee that year went by quickly....Does this mean I get a free week of food?.....I will do my best to keep up...

Have a lovely holiday & feast guys and gals...

I have lost a pound or two somewhere...dont worry though...I am sure I will find it again real soon.

Well, I'm up about 1 pound from my Monday WW WI, and about equal with last week, but I think it's just sodium--one salad at a restaurant and I'm toast for 3 days. I'm at 131.0 this morning.

I earned a few exercise points this morning chasing Jet around the agility courses.

I may try that "half serving" idea at the restaurant today. WW says the first bite tastes as good as the last.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Well, OK, I promised Tom I'd be back....I fell off the diet wagon in early October when I went on a cruise....then there were several weekends of out of town conventions...and so the weight went the other way from a low of 224.6 up to a high of 228.4.

So here's my good news: I'm trying to get back in control...two weeks ago 228.4, last week 227.6, this evening 226.8. Now, I still have to have that old devil alcohol, especially after I just met with the surgeon for the very first time and the big date may be approaching, but we're making progress on intake of the foodstuffs, at least. Hey, this is the real deal, what can I tell ya?

Anyway, a sincere HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all you Throwdowners...you're a great group!

Jim

Jim.... you got it going in the right direction!! .... Booze has no carbs;)

She is one DETERMINED speck!

Yes she is! That is incredible. No one should beat themself up this week. But an important reminder what happens when we return to what made us weigh to much in the first place.

Jim, It is nice to have you back.

I love Marguerite's suggestion. I should have read it before yesterday's feast. Oh well. Anyway, I am down 1 lb. from last Thursday. So that makes over 10 lbs since the beginning of October.

I scheduled my ankle surgery for January 9. I would like to be at least another 5 lbs down by then. I would actually like to be much less than that but I'm trying to be realistic as there will be many many opportunities to say "no thanks" before then. There is also a cruise scheduled between Christmas and my surgery date.

Yes she is! That is incredible. No one should beat themself up this week. But an important reminder what happens when we return to what made us weigh to much in the first place.

Jim, It is nice to have you back.

I love Marguerite's suggestion. I should have read it before yesterday's feast. Oh well. Anyway, I am down 1 lb. from last Thursday. So that makes over 10 lbs since the beginning of October.

I scheduled my ankle surgery for January 9. I would like to be at least another 5 lbs down by then. I would actually like to be much less than that but I'm trying to be realistic as there will be many many opportunities to say "no thanks" before then. There is also a cruise scheduled between Christmas and my surgery date.

Good job, Betty!:):)
I weighed . . . ugh . . . up two pounds but I'm hopeful that a portion is too much sodium in yesterday's meal.
Happily we've got a week before the next weigh in.;)
Good luck, everyone!:)

Latest posts

Back