Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....11-21-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I see how this is playing out:rolleyes:....First it's the lovely and talented Karlynn, followed by our resident super hero, SuperBob ... somehow they have finagled a "get out of weighing free" pass from the Ref:mad:.... somebody?s got pictures of somebody:eek:....there is just no way to fight such ... it borders on mutiny .... So I wave the white flag and by doing so I give myself permission to stop by Sam's Club and buy a 48 count box of 7oz Snicker bars.... anybody got a problem with that take it up with the Ref.... she?s easy:p:p

No problem with 48 Snicker bars . . . just remember that it's impolite not to share.:rolleyes: I guess you'll be sending the 46 members of the ThrowDown/WeighIn a candy bar, and they'll find them in their mailboxes by mid-week.:DYou've been a good Chimp, so you can keep 2 Snickers for yourself.:p

Oh, and thank you very much for sharing!:rolleyes::p

Whatever happened to the Krispy Kremes? When did Snickers bars displace those scrumptious doughnuts as The Chimp's favored delectation? :D

Oh, BTW, as I recall, about this time last year, The Chimp was generously dispensing holiday packs of mulligans. Has the sour economy caused him to rescind that seasonal offer? :D:p

I am happy for you that you are setting goals again! A good way to go.
I am disappointed to report a gain:(:mad:

Starting wt: 166lbs
yesterday morning: 163 lbs.

I am going to be harder on myself -- I have been craving for the wrong food--carbs, chocolates, and a big appetite. I wonder if fish oil I started a month ago has something to do with this:rolleyes:

Snicker bars are a treat; Krispy Kreme donuts are now considered a staple ?. Mulligan gift packs have been discontinued due to the downturn in the economy?.

On another note, it has been confirmed that TheChimp has lost his mind. All postings made by TheChimp should be viewed as frivolous babble until further notice.

MIA . . . Cooker's brain

MIA . . . Cooker's brain

On another note, it has been confirmed that TheChimp has lost his mind. All postings made by TheChimp should be viewed as frivolous babble until further notice.

Oh Lordy, Lordy! Cooker's gone and lost his mind--again!:eek: Where were you when you last remember having it?:confused::confused:I'll contact Ross and ask him to dispatch the hounds . . . don't try to do more than eat a banana . . .
maybe a Snickers . . . until we can locate it.;):p

Hi Everyone:)
I can well sympatize with all of those who do not want to step on the scale.
I am not weighing this week because I have been doing well and don't want
to become discouraged-since I don't feel like I am any different. I have also
found that when you only have a few calories 'to spend' you must spend
them wisely. Now I have never been a wise-spender, so I find myself,wasting
valuable calories on a Tbsp of cream in my milk or a 12 ounce glass of O.J.

Karlynn- I too, am a peanut butter lover. If unchecked,I'll grab the whole
jar and a spoon......the next thing I know, my husband is asking "honey..?
...what happened to peanut butter...?:eek:

Wishing everyone the best-Dina

Peanut Butter Addiction

Peanut Butter Addiction

Dina,

Jif offers six-packs of Jif to Go -- 2.25 oz per cup. I buy these and allow myself up to 1 cup per day, dipping celery or apple slices to get a peanut butter taste. This is the best thing to handle my peanut butter addiction I can find. If I buy a regular jar of Jif or Skippy, I find myself just eating it by the spoonful right out of the jar -- goodness knows how many calories are consumed per splurge. One of these little cups has 390 calories, but I use them throughout the entire day to enhance my regular snacks a little at a time, and when I am being really good I don't consume the whole cup in a day:D

Dina,

dipping celery or apple slices to get a peanut butter taste. This is the best thing to handle my peanut butter addiction I can find.
Oh yes!! P.B with apples,celery...and bananas too:)
I try to get the natural P.B -it has less sugar, BUT it has the same calories
and the oil seperates,so you have to stir it. I will have to look for those
mini-packs-its better than having my husband hide the peanut butter
around the house so I can't get to it:D

I'm with Karlynn -- well, not literally, I mean in spirit, simpatico. :) I admire the heck out of all of you who are reporting losses -- Cooker, Mary, Betty, Cindy/Wise -- but I don't think I want to weigh in right now and depress myself. I have at least another week of physical therapy (and then, talk about depressed, I really will be when that ends, because I enjoy it). Meanwhile, I had a doc's checkup the other day and cholesterol/BP/blood sugar were all good. On doc's scales, I appeared to be up a few -- but since last doc's weigh-in, knee surgery occurred. Today Superbob went to a nearby college town where he does some part-time work and he felt young, and he walked around town, and what the heck, he ate the best corned-beef reuben he's ever had -- ever! -- in the college deli.

So what I'm trying to say is I would like to keep chipping in here if you'll have me, but as far as the accountability of public weighing, I think I will reorganize in January.

Corned beef Reubens on marble rye bread are my all time favorite sandwich. Congratulations on your good check-up. The fact that your PT is ending sort of marks a successful recovery but since you really enjoyed it so much I can see how it is bittersweet. Weigh when you feel like it Superbob I just love the fact that you are still hanging with us in this.

Hi Everyone:)
I can well sympatize with all of those who do not want to step on the scale.
I am not weighing this week because I have been doing well and don't want
to become discouraged-since I don't feel like I am any different. I have also
found that when you only have a few calories 'to spend' you must spend
them wisely. Now I have never been a wise-spender, so I find myself,wasting
valuable calories on a Tbsp of cream in my milk or a 12 ounce glass of O.J.

Karlynn- I too, am a peanut butter lover. If unchecked,I'll grab the whole
jar and a spoon......the next thing I know, my husband is asking "honey..?
...what happened to peanut butter...?:eek:

Wishing everyone the best-Dina

There is this mini snack bar by WeightWatchers called Peanut Butter Bliss and it is so delicious. I think they only sell them at the meetings but if you can find someone to get you some. They are only 1 point and although they are rather expensive....about $7.50 for a box of 8 or 10...they are worth it.

Oh Gees...all this talk of peanut butter... just bought the kids a new jar of super-crunchy yesterday...I love the stuff but nowhere near as much as you guys...I like to spread a teaspoonful on a slice of wholemeal bread and savour every mouthful...that is nearly enough to satisfy my craving

I am joining those who are not weighing-in this week... waiting until I feel unbloated and lighter until I do the weighing again...

Our 2 puppies have behaved themselves this week and are getting their waists back...now they have to get their owner moving and take them walkies again. Its been a rather wet week in Perth...good for the grass, shame the weeds like rain too.

Superbob's plan

Superbob's plan

Superbob is never going to see 200 again unless he gets deathly ill. All that steel weight, you know. :p But Superbob makes this New Year's vow:

On Friday, Jan. 2, Superbob will post his weight loss goal for 2009 -- what he and his doctor agree to be a reasonable goal.

Then on Friday, Jan. 9, and each Friday of 2009 thereafter, Superbob will post his progress toward meeting that goal.

Meanwhile, he will try to maintain over the holidays, and he will cheer on those of you who are continuing to post weight changes over this period of celebratory food everywhere.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving to all.....

Latest posts

Back