Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....11-21-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Here we go on the last week before the USA celebrates Thanksgiving, (I apologize for not being up on seasonal holidays for other countries:eek:)... We will all be bombarded with a fanfare of food and drink but this too will pass:p ... I am reporting in with an official one pound loss, I am actually down five from the last time I weighed but will not officially take that due to the mulligan I took last week:eek:.....

The distractions that got me off track are still there and very real but I have decided that I need to lay them at the feet of my Higher Power (God). I also have not been setting mini-goals like I did before so I am setting one now, to be at or under two hundred by Christmas ... I know this may be a pipe dream with all of the Scones, Brownies and Snicker bars that are lurking and ready to pounce but I/we have to start somewhere!!:)

I hope all have had a successful week and will go into this week with the great resolve to stick to plan (whatever yours may be) between today and next Thursday!!! .... Good luck and good losing:)

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................209
This week....................208
Weekly Change............ -1:)
Total Loss ..................25

Good job, Chimpmeister!;)

Stay the course, and you'll achieve your Christmas goal!:):):):)

Great Cooker!

Well, we ate at a Mexican restaurant the night before our WW weigh-in :eek:. I was on track for at least a small loss prior to that unplanned meal. However, I took a pass at the meeting. Like Elvis, "I really don't want to know!" Cindy stayed the same this week, which, having met her goal, is a good thing.

CORRECTION: Cindy did NOT lose 1.2 pounds last week. She lost .4 pounds. What was I thinking?!

Superbob will weigh in tomorrow, or maybe Saturday or....., after more treatments with hot and hearty chili, "the other prune juice." :p

Superbob thinks we are all battling what could be called the Winter Storage Syndrome....with the onset of cold weather, our bodies are telling us it's time to store away nourishment to help tide us through the tough times til Spring. At least that's what Superbob tells himself as he surveys all these blueberry and white chocolate scones he has flown back from Down Under. :p

I'm going to take the plunge:rolleyes: and report my weight loss (1.5 pounds) today, rather than waiting until tomorrow morning. Frankly, I'm not sure how I lost the weight:eek: and don't want to chance a Friday morning weigh in.;) I have had a crazy week, but I hope life settles down and I get back to better eating and more exercise.:)

Great Cooker!

Well, we ate at a Mexican restaurant the night before our WW weigh-in :eek:. I was on track for at least a small loss prior to that unplanned meal. However, I took a pass at the meeting. Like Elvis, "I really don't want to know!" Cindy stayed the same this week, which, having met her goal, is a good thing.

CORRECTION: Cindy did NOT lose 1.2 pounds last week. She lost .4 pounds. What was I thinking?!

Great job to the both of you ... That the same place we ate? if so YUMMO:D
Superbob will weigh in tomorrow, or maybe Saturday or....., after more treatments with hot and hearty chili, "the other prune juice." :p

Superbob thinks we are all battling what could be called the Winter Storage Syndrome....with the onset of cold weather, our bodies are telling us it's time to store away nourishment to help tide us through the tough times til Spring. At least that's what Superbob tells himself as he surveys all these blueberry and white chocolate scones he has flown back from Down Under. :p

Bob... I agree 100% .... the cold, brisk weather signals the consumption of Scones and Snickers:D
I'm going to take the plunge:rolleyes: and report my weight loss (1.5 pounds) today, rather than waiting until tomorrow morning. Frankly, I'm not sure how I lost the weight:eek: and don't want to chance a Friday morning weigh in.;) I have had a crazy week, but I hope life settles down and I get back to better eating and more exercise.:)

Way to go Mary.... take it how you can get it;)

Well, for a change my weight loss of the week has hung in there. I'm even down a couple tenths from Monday's WW WI, even though I swapped last night's workout for 30 minutes of stripping loose hair off Tank dog (sometimes I swear he 's part sheep).

A little portion control and veggie soup for lunch go a long way against the battle of the bulge.

We're going out to a restaurant for Thanksgiving, so there will be no leftovers in our house, and it's just one meal.

Starting weight (July 1, 2006 before OHS): 172-ish
OHS 9/5/2006
WW goal (March 2007): 132
maintenance goal: 129
current weight: 130.7

Well, for a change my weight loss of the week has hung in there. I'm even down a couple tenths from Monday's WW WI, even though I swapped last night's workout for 30 minutes of stripping loose hair off Tank dog (sometimes I swear he 's part sheep).

A little portion control and veggie soup for lunch go a long way against the battle of the bulge.

We're going out to a restaurant for Thanksgiving, so there will be no leftovers in our house, and it's just one meal.

Starting weight (July 1, 2006 before OHS): 172-ish
OHS 9/5/2006
WW goal (March 2007): 132
maintenance goal: 129
current weight: 130.7

Laurie .... way to go and great idea going out....we are going to my SIL's so no leftovers here .... but Christmas is right around the corner and there will be leftovers out the ying-yang:eek:

I just got back from ww and I had a one lb. loss this week. During the week we did spend a few days in Orlando and even got to watch the shuttle take off. I didn't expect it to be as spectacular as it was.

I think this is a hard time for many of us. Holidays are really difficult for me. We are also experiencing a major slowdown at our business. It could be a little scary but it is also a time to grow in faith and trust in God since He is still in control regardless of what happens. I do know that taking off weight is something I have to do and I need to try to stay right on track.

I'm glad for the losses (weight wise :)) that we have managed to post. I hope this next week ends up better than we expect.

I just got back from ww and I had a one lb. loss this week. During the week we did spend a few days in Orlando and even got to watch the shuttle take off. I didn't expect it to be as spectacular as it was.

I think this is a hard time for many of us. Holidays are really difficult for me. We are also experiencing a major slowdown at our business. It could be a little scary but it is also a time to grow in faith and trust in God since He is still in control regardless of what happens. I do know that taking off weight is something I have to do and I need to try to stay right on track.

I'm glad for the losses (weight wise :)) that we have managed to post. I hope this next week ends up better than we expect.

Betty... great job! .... and thanks for the reminder of the One who is in control......

Calling a ?losers?;)?.. If you have not reported in we would love to here from you ?. Accountability is the key... on account I can?t make it without you guys, gals, goats and reptiles:D:D

Well, I'm reporting in, but I haven't weighed. Clothes don't feel any different and I don't want to depress myself.

I think I'm gong to just try to maintain throughout the holidays and the try again in earnest in January.

For breakfast today - Light English Muffin (8 gr fiber) with a tablespoon of peanut butter.

For Lunch - Vanilla Protein Shake

We're going to friends for dinner - oh no!

Well, I'm reporting in, but I haven't weighed. Clothes don't feel any different and I don't want to depress myself.

I think I'm gong to just try to maintain throughout the holidays and the try again in earnest in January.

For breakfast today - Light English Muffin (8 gr fiber) with a tablespoon of peanut butter.

For Lunch - Vanilla Protein Shake

We're going to friends for dinner - oh no!

I'm with Karlynn -- well, not literally, I mean in spirit, simpatico. :) I admire the heck out of all of you who are reporting losses -- Cooker, Mary, Betty, Cindy/Wise -- but I don't think I want to weigh in right now and depress myself. I have at least another week of physical therapy (and then, talk about depressed, I really will be when that ends, because I enjoy it). Meanwhile, I had a doc's checkup the other day and cholesterol/BP/blood sugar were all good. On doc's scales, I appeared to be up a few -- but since last doc's weigh-in, knee surgery occurred. Today Superbob went to a nearby college town where he does some part-time work and he felt young, and he walked around town, and what the heck, he ate the best corned-beef reuben he's ever had -- ever! -- in the college deli.

So what I'm trying to say is I would like to keep chipping in here if you'll have me, but as far as the accountability of public weighing, I think I will reorganize in January.

I'm with Karlynn -- well, not literally, I mean in spirit, simpatico. :) I admire the heck out of all of you who are reporting losses -- Cooker, Mary, Betty, Cindy/Wise -- but I don't think I want to weigh in right now and depress myself. I have at least another week of physical therapy (and then, talk about depressed, I really will be when that ends, because I enjoy it). Meanwhile, I had a doc's checkup the other day and cholesterol/BP/blood sugar were all good. On doc's scales, I appeared to be up a few -- but since last doc's weigh-in, knee surgery occurred. Today Superbob went to a nearby college town where he does some part-time work and he felt young, and he walked around town, and what the heck, he ate the best corned-beef reuben he's ever had -- ever! -- in the college deli.

So what I'm trying to say is I would like to keep chipping in here if you'll have me, but as far as the accountability of public weighing, I think I will reorganize in January.

The Ref rules that SuperBob is under no obligation to reveal his weight losses/gains until the first Friday of January.:cool:Nuff said?:rolleyes:

The Ref rules that SuperBob is under no obligation to reveal his weight losses/gains until the first Friday of January.:cool:Nuff said?:rolleyes:

OK I see how this is playing out:rolleyes:....First it's the lovely and talented Karlynn, followed by our resident super hero, SuperBob ... somehow they have finagled a "get out of weighing free" pass from the Ref:mad:.... somebody?s got pictures of somebody:eek:....there is just no way to fight such ... it borders on mutiny:mad: .... So I wave the white flag and by doing so I give myself permission to stop by Sam's Club and buy a 48 count box of 7oz Snicker bars:D.... anybody got a problem with that take it up with the Ref.... she?s easy:p:p

I didn't weigh this morning, but mostly because I forgot it was Friday! Well, not that it was Friday, but that I should weigh in on Friday... :rolleyes:

I'm not about to weigh myself in the afternoon. Too risky. I'll try to remember to weigh in tomorrow. However, I'm fairly certain there will be a gain, as I'm retaining a LOT of fluid lately. Not sure if I should blame it on the IV, the 5 lbs of snot in my sinuses from this cold, or the ICD issues... Couldn't be from eating! ;)

Back