Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....10-17-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got a real "bounce" from my one week aboard the Caribbean Princess and all that great food...up 2 lbs. to 226.4 :mad:

On top of that I'm on the road at a convention eating out instead of my regular healty diet.

Next week I'm home and hoping to reverse some of the recent damage:D

Congratulations to all the losers!:)

Jim

Well, I got a real "bounce" from my one week aboard the Caribbean Princess and all that great food...up 2 lbs. to 226.4 :mad:

On top of that I'm on the road at a convention eating out instead of my regular healty diet.

Next week I'm home and hoping to reverse some of the recent damage:D

Congratulations to all the losers!:)

Jim

Jim ... Up only two ... great job:) ... I hope you enjoyed every bite .... I refuse to watch what I eat while on vacation ... You will be back on track as soon as you are back to your regular schedule!!!

Good going Cooker!

Best wishes tonight Betty. Sorry about the knee prognosis; I feel bad about Airport Road in Gatlinburg.

Short and sweet report. Cindy lost .6 lbs. from two weeks ago for a total of 35.8 lbs. I lost 1.6 lbs, for a total of 27.6 lbs.; that puts me back at my pre-southern reunion weight. I've given up on my "horse race" with Cindy and have conceded the triple crown to her. We're on track and that's all that counts.

Great job to you both!! ... Wise! ... you can't concede the race:eek: ... we men folk have to stick together:D ... Men seem to lose weight easier than women so I have wonder if Cindy has been slipping a Snicker in your lunch box???:p ... Be strong young man! ... if things get too rough call out to SuperBob for super hero strength:D

Great job to you both!! ... Wise! ... you can't concede the race:eek: ... we men folk have to stick together:D ... Men seem to lose weight easier than women so I have wonder if Cindy has been slipping a Snicker in your lunch box???:p ... Be strong young man! ... if things get too rough call out to SuperBob for super hero strength:D

So THAT's a Snicker; I thought those granola bars were better than usual! Dispatch SuperBob quickly!

We're going to Cracker Barrel tonight; I'll slip her an extra cornbread muffin.

So THAT's a Snicker; I thought those granola bars were better than usual! Dispatch SuperBob quickly!

We're going to Cracker Barrel tonight; I'll slip her an extra cornbread muffin.

I've got your phone number, Wise, and I'm calling Cindy! :pWe gals have to stick together!;)

Ick, I'm up two lbs from Monday's WW weigh in. Since I'm not overeating, nor eating hidden sodium, it must be water retained in the muscles from my "stop slacking off" workout Wednesday night.

Or maybe it's that tetanus booster I got yesterday (they held flu shot clinic at the office yesterday so I took advantage and got that one up to date, too). Who knew a couple of ccs weighed so much?:D

Oh well, this too shall "pass."

Ick, I'm up two lbs from Monday's WW weigh in. Since I'm not overeating, nor eating hidden sodium, it must be water retained in the muscles from my "stop slacking off" workout Wednesday night.

Or maybe it's that tetanus booster I got yesterday (they held flu shot clinic at the office yesterday so I took advantage and got that one up to date, too). Who knew a couple of ccs weighed so much?:D

Oh well, this too shall "pass."

Yes it shall:D;)

Yes it shall:D;)

I have found this be so true. Laurie, I ALWAYS gain at least that much in the two or three days after my WW weigh-in. Somehow it usually "passes" before the next weigh-in. I haven't been doing anything different much (with the exception of pound cake, etc. :D).

I am :mad:as I put on TWO lbs. 'a few truffles a week, takes your weight to a peak'--Temptation was great went I stopped by 'Harry and David" and their truffles were 50% off:eek: BAD IDEA.

Starting wt: 166
Last week: 161
today: 163 :mad::mad:

Confession: i even just had a kitkat, having been mad at the scale. But no more sweets this month....more walking. I should get back to WW, once I can concentrate better.:D (excuses! excuses!)

Congrats to of all those who lost and those who maintained, and sympathies and encouragements to all of us who gained so that we lose these lbs quickly before they stagnate:)

I am :mad:as I put on TWO lbs. 'a few truffles a week, takes your weight to a peak'--Temptation was great went I stopped by 'Harry and David" and their truffles were 50% off:eek: BAD IDEA.

Starting wt: 166
Last week: 161
today: 163 :mad::mad:

Confession: i even just had a kitkat, having been mad at the scale. But no more sweets this month....more walking. I should get back to WW, once I can concentrate better.:D (excuses! excuses!)

Congrats to of all those who lost and those who maintained, and sympathies and encouragements to all of us who gained so that we lose these lbs quickly before they stagnate:)

Hey but you are still down 3 pounds .... and that reminds me a a song "Truffle on Down to Buffalo":D

Mmm, truffles.... (channeling Homer Simpson here).

I wish I could ban the chocolate from the office, but at least I've got it worked into my "weekly points allowance" along with the wine (hey, that's to increase my HDL--doctor's orders :D:D And the chocolate's just like the aspirin: it helps with the anticoagulation)

Superbob weighed yesterday but thought he'd wait til this morning, and maybe the number(s) would look better -- however, Superbob had to go out of town early to a business meeting and didn't get to weigh and then ate a Bojangles Southern-style sandwich on the fly back home (couldn't be good for numbers but sure tasted good. :rolleyes:

Bottom (literally) line: Superbob joins Mary and Sumo in staying status quo for the week. Status quo is not always a bad thing. (Superbob approves this message.) :D

Yikes, though. Superbob just learned his high school class will have a 50th reunion celebration next spring. The Man of Steel must work to shed extra poundage, not to mention rust. (Wonder if that hot red-haired babe from fifth-grade civics will be there, and, if so, will she still be hot? :p)

Superbob weighed yesterday but thought he'd wait til this morning, and maybe the number(s) would look better -- however, Superbob had to go out of town early to a business meeting and didn't get to weigh and then ate a Bojangles Southern-style sandwich on the fly back home (couldn't be good for numbers but sure tasted good. :rolleyes:

Bottom (literally) line: Superbob joins Mary and Sumo in staying status quo for the week. Status quo is not always a bad thing. (Superbob approves this message.) :D

Yikes, though. Superbob just learned his high school class will have a 50th reunion celebration next spring. The Man of Steel must work to shed extra poundage, not to mention rust. (Wonder if that hot red-haired babe from fifth-grade civics will be there, and, if so, will she still be hot? :p)

Status quo is a good thing .... now about that redhead ... I bet yes ... I never met a redhead I didn't like ... or blonde, brunette..... I digress, sorry .... sometimes that old memory still kicks in:);)

Latest posts

Back