Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....10-17-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings ThrowDowners!! ... I hope everyone is doing well and that you have had a great week! ... I am back on track and it is paying off ... imagine that;) ... I am down four pounds and contribute it to staying on my WW plan ... I don't know why I so quickly abandon what I know to work ... must be the Chimp in me:p ... I need to get back to my walking but that is a different song and I don't feel like singing it this morning:rolleyes: ... Happy losing:D

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................215
This week....................211
Weekly Change............ -4
Total Loss ..................22

Great job, Chimp Leader!:)

I haven't weighed yet, so there's no decision made as to whether I report today or tomorrow . . . decisions, decisions, decisions!;)

What's with this Thursday weighing in? Superbob is suspicious that this is done so The Chimp can feast merrily from now through the weekend.
Therefore, Superbob will be conducting aerial surveillance of South Carolina, specifically the Snickers groves, for next four days. :p

What's with this Thursday weighing in? Superbob is suspicious that this is done so The Chimp can feast merrily from now through the weekend.
Therefore, Superbob will be conducting aerial surveillance of South Carolina, specifically the Snickers groves, for next four days. :p

The only place you will spot the Chimp is in the produce department of the local Kroger or in the dairy isle filling his cart with fruit flavored Lite Yogurt:D:p

Well tonight at 6:00 I have my first WW meeting. I haven't weighed in quite a while so it may be weeks(months) before I'll be at a weight that I'll actually post. I came home from an appointment with my knee surgeon this AM a little bummed out. He said he may have only uncovered the tip of the iceberg as far as my knee is concerned. He said he is hoping that I get a year or two out of the knee but I might be back in to see him in 2-3 months asking him "what's up with this knee?". I was expecting a better prognosis anyway, it has helped me refocus on some limited exercise and taking off these extra pounds.

You know how the thread on walking is keeping track of their joint milage? Is there someway we can do something similar with pounds?

Well tonight at 6:00 I have my first WW meeting. I haven't weighed in quite a while so it may be weeks(months) before I'll be at a weight that I'll actually post. I came home from an appointment with my knee surgeon this AM a little bummed out. He said he may have only uncovered the tip of the iceberg as far as my knee is concerned. He said he is hoping that I get a year or two out of the knee but I might be back in to see him in 2-3 months asking him "what's up with this knee?". I was expecting a better prognosis anyway, it has helped me refocus on some limited exercise and taking off these extra pounds.

You know how the thread on walking is keeping track of their joint milage? Is there someway we can do something similar with pounds?

Hi Betty .... The ThrowDown is a great place to track your weight loss ... I have my starting weight, the fluctuations, weekly and total loss .... Is that what you re talking about?

Good going Cooker!

Best wishes tonight Betty. Sorry about the knee prognosis; I feel bad about Airport Road in Gatlinburg.

Short and sweet report. Cindy lost .6 lbs. from two weeks ago for a total of 35.8 lbs. I lost 1.6 lbs, for a total of 27.6 lbs.; that puts me back at my pre-southern reunion weight. I've given up on my "horse race" with Cindy and have conceded the triple crown to her. We're on track and that's all that counts.

Basically keep track of how much weight the ThrowDowners are losing each week? Would we have to figure in gains? I'm sure Cooker could do that!:p

Betty -- I am sorry to hear about the not-so-encouraging comments from the knee surgeon. Has he prescribed physical therapy? I am finding it helpful so far, and my knee seems to be getting stronger by the day.

HOWEVER, my surgeon also has made a quick comment a few times that "something else may be needed" down the road. He didn't say what or how far away it might be -- and I think I appreciate him leaving it at that. :) Maybe your doc is just one who lingers too much on negative scenarios that may never come about?

Anyway, hang in there, and, yes, as the amazing Chimp suggests, the Throw Down is a good place for us to focus our wellness efforts.

Hugs and Cheers :):):)

Like how long before we collectively lose 6011 pounds, the gross vehicle weight of an Infiniti QX56 SUV?:eek:

We'd have to elist all VR members into the ThrowDown campaign!:p

We could make a new member . . . I'd suggest 6'2", 195 lbs., MALE, and ruggedly handsome!;)

Well, I went and I joined. I'm going with the flex points for now. I actually had a good time. I knew a few of the people and that is always nice (if you like them). I think this is going to work out just fine.

Betty -- I am sorry to hear about the not-so-encouraging comments from the knee surgeon. Has he prescribed physical therapy? I am finding it helpful so far, and my knee seems to be getting stronger by the day.

HOWEVER, my surgeon also has made a quick comment a few times that "something else may be needed" down the road. He didn't say what or how far away it might be -- and I think I appreciate him leaving it at that. :) Maybe your doc is just one who lingers too much on negative scenarios that may never come about?

Anyway, hang in there, and, yes, as the amazing Chimp suggests, the Throw Down is a good place for us to focus our wellness efforts.

Hugs and Cheers :):):)

Bob, he doesn't want me to do any weight bearing exercise except slow walking. I may do the recumbant bike and a type of eliptical that doesn't put stress on my knees. I'm a member at the fitness center so he said they could set me up with some neutural exercises. I think I'll probably do better than he expects. Maybe he is being negative although he didn't come across that way.

I was thinking something along the lines of something that shows the group total.....you know, so you can feel good even when you have an off week.:)
Great idea Betty!...
now we need an accountant to do the figures for us!

My week has been great exercise-wise as hubby has agreed that our dogs are overweight and need a big walk every night or two...so far it is going well and I have enjoyed the walking in the moonlight around the neighborhood. I didn't mention to hubby that he needs to lose his XXXL belly or that I want to lose mine either...We are doing this for the doggies!...;);)...LOL...

Great idea Betty!...
now we need an accountant to do the figures for us!

My week has been great exercise-wise as hubby has agreed that our dogs are overweight and need a big walk every night or two...so far it is going well and I have enjoyed the walking in the moonlight around the neighborhood. I didn't mention to hubby that he needs to lose his XXXL belly or that I want to lose mine either...We are doing this for the doggies!...;);)...LOL...

Ton .... thank goodness ... I was getting worried about those doggies:D:p .... You know, it is the hardest thing for me to stick with walking ... I just don't love to exercise the way some do but it sure pays off in weight loss and overall health ... looks like I need to head to the pet shop this weekend:eek::D

Back