Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....1-9-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nathan ruined my good intentions by picking up Long John Silvers (fried food!) for dinner lasts night. :rolleyes: Oh well. Back to the drawing board. ;)

Hi everyone. I'm home. All drugged up but still home. I had the surgery Friday morning and went home after lunch on Saturday. I have not seen the surgeon since before surgery. He told Tom that all went well. They paged him before I was discharged but he didn't pick up. I'll call him on Monday and get more details. At least I'm already in recovery mode and so glad!

Wonderful!!! ... Glad you are home and that all went well ... we will keep you in our prayers for a quick and successful recovery!!!!

Well, I'm down 6.5 lbs from last Friday, from 137 to 132.4 Can you say water-weight, boys and girls?:)
I think I've lost another 2 lbs this morning due to nerves over the anticipated results of this afternoon's TEE. Nerves are more effective than prunes (yeah, TMI) and are not to be recommended.:mad:
I have not slept well all week since the echo, and may ask for some chemical help. I'm tired of staring at the ceiling at 3 a.m.

Laurie .... sorry, I don't know how I missed your post ... I'm happy for your weight loss but sorry for the stress ... I think I can contribute some of my recent loss to stress ... again, not the best way to lose but at least we did not binge over things and gain:)

Okay - here we go - jumping back in.

Going from my top holiday weight - I'm down 1.5 pounds. Maybe I'll tell you how much that number was, once I've lost 15 pounds - but you can't torture it out of me right now!!!!

My niece's wedding is the first weekend in March and I don't want to look like a sausage in a dress.

Good job all you losers! :D

Welcome back .... we would not think of torturing you ... well I might dangle a plate brownies in front of you:p;)

Welcome home, Betty. Glad you are through it and hope you get a good report today.

As for Superbob, it was back to back to sugar plum land yesterday. DW had the idea of having a taking-down-the-Christmas-tree party and inviting daughter and grand-daughter over. So she dispatched Superbob to get goodies like chips, dip, peanuts, cake, summer sausage, etc. They came and weren't in a very good mood, for some reason, and didn't eat much, so SB has all this surplus food. And wasn't he obligated to dig in -- in an attempt to get everyone jolly again? Never did even get the tree undecorated and now there is rich food everywhere. A Superhero should be able to deal with this, right?

Welcome home, Betty. Glad you are through it and hope you get a good report today.

As for Superbob, it was back to back to sugar plum land yesterday. DW had the idea of having a taking-down-the-Christmas-tree party and inviting daughter and grand-daughter over. So she dispatched Superbob to get goodies like chips, dip, peanuts, cake, summer sausage, etc. They came and weren't in a very good mood, for some reason, and didn't eat much, so SB has all this surplus food. And wasn't he obligated to dig in -- in an attempt to get everyone jolly again? Never did even get the tree undecorated and now there is rich food everywhere. A Superhero should be able to deal with this, right?

This doesn't sound like a DW idea, but more like a LL dastardly scheme!:eek:
Stay strong, SuperBob, and just say, No!:)

Welcome home Betty. Recover well!

Niki - Nathan needs to be severely punished! (After you thank him for picking up dinner.)

SB - Summer sausage - okay if you're low carbing. I sent all our extra junk food to work with the DH to get it out of the house. I have also thrown out some things. Sounds like a waste of money - but I haven't seen my waist in 2 years - so it's the lesser of 2 evils.

I just talked to my ortho surgeon. Everything did go well and he used a donorbone graft and two screws. He is phoning in phenergan for me since the percocet is playing havoc with my stomach. It hasn't squelched my appetite though. Almost nothing does so that is a good thing and a bad thing as well. I am using my knee scooter and am getting around the house just fine. All in all I'm pretty optimistic. I better head to the kitchen and have some fresh fruit. See you later.

Great news from the surgeon, Betty.
I bet you're wearing the knee scooter out!

This doesn't sound like a DW idea, but more like a LL dastardly scheme!:eek:
Stay strong, SuperBob, and just say, No!:)

Superbob should have realized it was that fiend, Lex Luthor, at work. :mad: SB has ditched the chips (which were supposedly low-cal but junk for sure), turned over the remains of the small 1/2 cake to DW for her post-PT enjoyment, and will toss the remains of the dip in the dead of night when DW will not be on alert. :p As for the summer sausage -- of course!, it is low-carb (hooray!), so SB will gradually enjoy that --- ah ha, take that, LL!!! :p

Superbob also will now take Superdawg for a long walk on the Cherry Blossom Trail in advance of the Arctic air headed this way, and will post another landscape if see a fetching one....:)

TheChimp thinks SB should dispose of it as quickly as possible .... make sure you have plenty of your favorite liquid to wash it down with;)

So Superbob and Superdawg decided to go up above the lake -- they like to get high; The Chimp will understand that -- and work off those post-holiday calories. This is at 2,400-foot elevation, looking from crest of Blue Ridge across the great valley westward toward the Alleghenies.....

So Superbob and Superdawg decided to go up above the lake -- they like to get high; The Chimp will understand that -- and work off those post-holiday calories. This is at 2,400-foot elevation, looking from crest of Blue Ridge across the great valley westward toward the Alleghenies.....
Nice view, SB! That should make daily walks worthwhile.:)

Here is the sunset tonight off Superbob's deck. As soon as this occurred, Superbob deemed it license to gobble up all the caloric goodies still in sight, so he has no doubt wrecked his progress for '09 -- already. :mad:

Wow, SB, gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Today was okay here in the Gnu household. For lunch I had leftover Chinese from the weekend (wasn't I good, only eating half of it to begin with? ;) ), then for dinner we went to Which Wich. I got one sandwich for tonight and one for lunch tomorrow. Yum! :)

I thought I was doing so wonderfully after the weekend. No pain (or at least, very little) and feeling great. Then Monday came. :( I'm exhausted (took a nap after work even! :eek: ) and sore. I hate this. I'm not used to being so sore for so long. I'm ready to feel good. :mad: Sorry, just had to vent. Tomorrow is another day...

Latest posts

Back