Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....1-30-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go Cooker!:):) You are setting a fine example for the rest of us to follow!
I didn't lose, but neither did I gain, so I am satisfied. ;)

Me an example? LMAO:D ?.. An example of a yoyo maybe ?. Staying the same is half the game ?. And for those of you who have never met TheRef, she doesn?t need to lose an ounce:) .... SB, how's that for smoozing?:D

Maybe I should be ashamed to admit I haven't "officially" weighed this week. I have been home since Monday; we have been out only once due to the weather. It is even more official now, but I officially declare snow to be butt ugly. Talk about being stir crazy, I have been so there.

All of this rambling means what? I don't know. I'm not quitting, but I'm not making progress to say the least. I did exercise this morning and subsequently, or not, ate less for breakfast.

I'm thinking of not paying for WW meetings, since I'm currently wasting the money. I KNOW what to day and I live with the WW queen, so even if I don't weigh at WW, I'll still be on the hook, so to speak. I'll still be here also.

Somebody kick me in the butt or in the head, I'm not sure which will work. :eek:

Maybe I should be ashamed to admit I haven't "officially" weighed this week. I have been home since Monday; we have been out only once due to the weather. It is even more official now, but I officially declare snow to be butt ugly. Talk about being stir crazy, I have been so there.

All of this rambling means what? I don't know. I'm not quitting, but I'm not making progress to say the least. I did exercise this morning and subsequently, or not, ate less for breakfast.

I'm thinking of not paying for WW meetings, since I'm currently wasting the money. I KNOW what to day and I live with the WW queen, so even if I don't weigh at WW, I'll still be on the hook, so to speak. I'll still be here also.

Somebody kick me in the butt or in the head, I'm not sure which will work. :eek:

Now that?s an offer I almost can?t refuse:D but I am not walking through all that snow to get to you:rolleyes: ?.. Hang tough, you know slumps are part of the process ?. And if you don?t, Cindy will smack you for me:p

Down five and a half from last week .... no applause please, can TheRef ban fatigue and stress?:rolleyes: ...I guess you'll have to continue to put up with the hair:p

Starting weight.......233
Last Week .............206
This week...............200.5
Total Loss ..............32.5

Can't believe you used to have a ponytail--I miss all the fun!
But...Congratulations anyhow,its a great accomplishment:)

I'm thinking of splurging this weekend on a Wii and Wii Fit, not to replace my walks because my dogs really like that, but as an added bonus and to work different muscles. My sister's kids have one and we played it during the holidays. I had bowled before and that's fun and definitely works the muscles on the back of my thighs, but we also did this game where you have to run, jump, lean while on one foot (and fall down occasionally in my case!) and that was quite challenging. I was out of breath after about 5-10 minutes! I'm so out of shape!

Then I'll be able to use Karlynn's excuse of "muscles weigh more than fat." (which even though it's a great excuse, it's actually TRUE!)
We love our Wii and I have really enjoyed the Wii Fit. I admit that I haven't spent much time on it lately, other than to weigh, but I am doing a "stair thingy", just not recording in the Wii Fit.

Boxing with Wii is a great cardio workout.

Could you find out what that 2nd balancing game is? It sounds fun.

Hey - if there's an excuse I'll find it. And sometimes I'll luck out that it's actually true! :D ;)

I know how you feel, Wise. We didn't get hit as hard as you folks in Kentucky, but this winter is getting me down too. The wind seems to never stop and that makes it hard to get in good walks. Will be very interested to see what Mr. Groundhog says Monday about early versus late spring. Anyway, hang in there....:)

I think I lost my .4 pound after the weigh-in. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I realize it's TMI (too much information), but hey - I figure I can at least call it a zero gain for this week.:p

Oops! I remembered to weigh, but I forgot to post! Sorry about that.

On Thursday I was down a half a pound. On Friday I got it back. :rolleyes: So I'm still the same 139.

I'm still trying to find my energy that I lost when the whole ICD lead fiasco started back in September. I went for my follow up with the surgeon and had a pacer check. All looks good. They tweaked a setting for me to hopefully give me some more energy, but so far I haven't noticed a difference. The tech also said it looks like my fluid is on the rise (I seem to go in cycles), so that may be contributing. I've been trying to eat somewhat healthy, but I know I'm not being very successful. I know... it's all a bunch of excuses. :rolleyes:

I have to be honest and say I really haven't been focused on that side of things for awhile. All of my attention seems to be going towards getting ready for the babies (I'm trying to induce lactation), so there just hasn't been time to work on getting more active. But hey, maybe the lactation will help me lose some weight! It works for nursing moms after pregnancy, right? ;)

Good job to all of you who are continuing to work towards your goals! Weather you lost, gained, or stayed the same, the important thing is that you're still playing! :D

Oops! I remembered to weigh, but I forgot to post! Sorry about that.

On Thursday I was down a half a pound. On Friday I got it back. :rolleyes: So I'm still the same 139.

I'm still trying to find my energy that I lost when the whole ICD lead fiasco started back in September. I went for my follow up with the surgeon and had a pacer check. All looks good. They tweaked a setting for me to hopefully give me some more energy, but so far I haven't noticed a difference. The tech also said it looks like my fluid is on the rise (I seem to go in cycles), so that may be contributing. I've been trying to eat somewhat healthy, but I know I'm not being very successful. I know... it's all a bunch of excuses. :rolleyes:

I have to be honest and say I really haven't been focused on that side of things for awhile. All of my attention seems to be going towards getting ready for the babies (I'm trying to induce lactation), so there just hasn't been time to work on getting more active. But hey, maybe the lactation will help me lose some weight! It works for nursing moms after pregnancy, right? ;)

Good job to all of you who are continuing to work towards your goals! Weather you lost, gained, or stayed the same, the important thing is that you're still playing! :D

Niki .... You have a lot going on .... I think you are going great:D

Alert: Throwdowners!

Alert: Throwdowners!

Staying the same is good, Niki. That is where Superbob is, as best he can figure with scales that are not working well. Going to look for a new set today.

Meanwhile, Superbob posts this alert to all ThrowDowners: First come the Super Bowl parties, then Girl Scout Cookies are on the way, and then Saint Valentine's Day.

Good news: Girl Scouts say their peanut butter cookies are not affected by the recall. They are safe.

Now, more good news for you: To avoid the cals, you can call Superbob to collect your Do-Si-Dos, Trefoils, Tagalongs, Samoas etc (which he will take of personally :)) as well as your excess Valentine chocolates (Mrs. Sweet-Tooth Superbob will take care of those.) :p

So do not fear, Superbob is here to save you from all those February goodies. :p:p

SB - love your new avatar of Superdawg! She's saying "I love you Daddy!!!".

Okay,so last night my curiousity overcame me and I took out the
allegedly 'cursed' scales,and...I lost another 2 pounds:) So I lost my
first 5lbs from Jan 1 - Jan 15(about) and now within the last 2 weeks
I lost another 2lbs.Now my husband is telling me he notices a difference
because I don't have 'my' fat stomach anymore. And I said I thought you
told me that my stomach WASN'T fat??,and he said.."wel-l-l-:cool:..
what's a guy to do?:confused:"

Lisa- I have also been looking at the Wii/Wii fit,but not sure if I will
really use it. I totally agree with what someone said before about finding
an acitivity that you love that incorporates exercise and stick with that.
Dancing and bike riding help me alot.

Wise-Sorry you aren't accomplishing what you want,but you have done so
well,what is more important is to maintain yourself and not gain. Spring will
be here soon...you should feel better then.:)

SB-I Don't buy too many goodies,but if I find them in the house,I will be
more than happy to Fwd them to you.

Mary-Maintaining your weight can be just as difficult as losing-alot of
times even this is a fight.

Best wishes to everyone-Dina

Okay, so I was cleaning out a suitcase from a recent trip and in the outside pocket I found an unopened bag of cherry sours. Dang! What's a woman to do? I can make it until my Monday weighin, but after that.... How many points do you think those suckers have?

Okay, so I was cleaning out a suitcase from a recent trip and in the outside pocket I found an unopened bag of cherry sours. Dang! What's a woman to do? I can make it until my Monday weighin, but after that.... How many points do you think those suckers have?
Now my mode of operation for something like that is to have one and grind the rest up in the garbage disposal. Why the garbage disposal? Because I would go in and dig them out again. Can we say Sugar Craving???

Although, I've noticed in the last several days that I'm not craving sugar too badly. I've pretty much eliminated any simple carbs from my diet. When I started, if a piece of cake crossed my path at church, I'd grab it, and want to grab more. Last week there was a ton of really good looking stuff out for the coffee hour and I didn't take anything. I thought about it, but didn't feel compelled to take anything. So hope is in sight for me.

Latest posts

Back