Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....1-30-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
In way of explanation I am starting this weeks thread early (Wednesday night) because, a) I may be with out power Thursday or Friday ... New poles were installed a while back and they are starting to switch over the lines and I don't know when they will do our block, and, b) tomorrow morning will be Friday for our Aussie losers and I know they are ready to report in;)....

I have really tried to get back with the WW program and feel like I have done pretty well this week .... the scales will tell the the story Friday morning .... The vow not to cut my hair until I break 200 pounds stands .... When this occurs (hopefully soon) I will auction my bobbed locks and donate the proceeds to "RFFDODFFBP" (Research Foundation For Development Of Delicious Fat Free Banana Pudding):D:D ... Good luck .... and remember, TheRef is lurking and ready to pounce if any banned substance is detected:p

Superbob is hoping The Chimp is landing a few billion from that Economic Stimulus Package to finance his banana pudding research. Maybe add a measly billion for SB to discover the low-cal scone as well. :p

This has been a tough week. Superdawg and the Man of Steel have been cabin-bound because of the storms and Superbob has felt it his duty to eat great quantities of peanut butter in order to prevent the collapse of America's most essential food industry. :eek: So not sure what the scales will show Friday...maybe PJ-spiked PN butter will work some magic. (Say, how does The Ref test for banned substances anyway? :p

I finally went back to WW this week with a friend from work. I won't weigh in until Monday, so you'll have to wait until next week to find if I've been successful! I became a Lifetime member 12 years ago and found that the weight ranges have been changed. I now get an extra 8 pounds so I'm actually only 4 pounds over the top of goal. I plan to be there by Monday so I don't have to pay anymore! However, since I'm small boned, I know (and my jeans know) that the other end of the goal is actually a better place for me so that is what I'm really working toward. Just don't tell the WW people because they will want me to keep paying!

SB - peanut butter only has 2 WW points per tablespoon. Of course, who can eat just that? I braved the cold last night, but I decided to exercise inside tonight. My dogs were quite disappointed. Our beagle, who needs WW also, kept going to the hook and staring at the leash.

Glad to see the Chimp climbing out of his slump.

Cardio appt. today - going to see if I can get any sympathy on the lack of weight loss issue - I'm not holding out hope.

Cooker..Ahhh,I wanna offer support,but I really wanna see you in a ponytail,
What a conundrum:confused:

Lisa -Peanut Butter...just hand me the jar and spoon!I have actually
made my husband 'hide' the PB from me at times...unbelievable.

Karlynn-I'm having the same issue with my cardio-my lack of results.
I mean I can only tell him I am hypothyroid a few times, at one point
he is bound to remember.Hopefully next week if I can keep these 5 lbs
off he will finally get a surprise.

SB-Hi SuperBob and Superdawg! I see you share my love of PB,what is
it about that stuff..like a drug or something. But with you,I know you are
just doing you superhero duty for the industry:)

Still haven't weighed,but I know I haven't gained,if anything I lost. at least
this is what the feel of my clothes tell me. I just don't trust those scales
of mine...I think I am becoming superstitious about them or something.
Maybe I'll get new ones:rolleyes:

Cooker..Ahhh,I wanna offer support,but I really wanna see you in a ponytail,
What a conundrum:confused:

When I graduated from college I had hair halfway down my back:cool: ?. Before starting the interviewing process I walked in the barbershop and said, ?cut it all off? ?. Now this was not a ?salon?, it was an old fashion barbershop with a bunch of old farts sitting around and everyone got a real kick out of it:rolleyes: ? by the way, the haircut turned out to be complimentary:) ?. My first interview was at Harris Semiconductor in Melbourne FL ?. I was led into a room and told that the ?senior scientist? of the group would be in to interview me in a few minutes ?. He walks in, his hair is in a ponytail and down to his ass ?. I started three weeks later:D ?. I guess I should add I never grew it back, short is so simple, when it come to hair that is;)??.

Lisa, your dogs and mine are channelling each other--tired of being housebound. Jet keeps bringing me toys to throw down the hall for her.
DH is supposed to walk them today while it's warm and dry - the first exercise since Sunday training.

I wish I had room for a treadmill for Jet. She just can't handle the elliptical machine.

I'm still at 133, 4 lbs over my goal.

I have lost one more pound this week. May have been 2 but daughter brought home Taco Bell last night. Tacos and Grand Nachos my downfall this week.

Starting Weight-145
Last Week-139
This Week-138
This Week Loss-1
Total Loss-7

Lisa, your dogs and mine are channelling each other--tired of being housebound. Jet keeps bringing me toys to throw down the hall for her.
DH is supposed to walk them today while it's warm and dry - the first exercise since Sunday training.

I wish I had room for a treadmill for Jet. She just can't handle the elliptical machine.

I'm still at 133, 4 lbs over my goal.

Staying the same is a victory .... The closer we are to our goal weight the slower it comes off .... so I've been told, I think I was at my proper weight once, about 5 hours after birth:rolleyes::D

Down five and a half from last week .... no applause please, can TheRef ban fatigue and stress?:rolleyes: ... I guess you'll have to continue to put up with the hair:p

Starting weight.......233
Last Week .............206
This week...............200.5
Total Loss ..............32.5

Of course you get applause Cooker!!!!!!

I read a good tip in "You on a diet". Don't set a one # weight goal - such as 145 lbs. Make it a range, like 142 - 148. People tend to get too discouraged after weight loss in trying to achieve that single number each and every time they weigh. Discouragement leads to giving up in trying to eat correctly.

Being someone that takes Coumadin and has a range - 2.5 - 3.5) this made a lot of sense to me. We're always counseling people who think their INR is unstable because they don't stay at 3.0 all the time, to just adhere to the range and they're fine.

The Incredible Shrinking Chimp! WOW!!!

As for Superbob, his scale is not working this morning. SB knows, this sounds like "the dog ate my homework," but it is true. A Superhero would not lie. :eek:

SB did toss his stocks of peanut butter last night, overcome by the realization that eating gobs of Jif right out of the jar is playing right into the hands of Lex Luthor's plot.

So if SB can get his scales fixed or buy a new one, he will most likely weigh over the weekend, after drinking his own special concoction of Kickapoo juice. :p

Of course you get applause Cooker!!!!!!

I read a good tip in "You on a diet". Don't set a one # weight goal - such as 145 lbs. Make it a range, like 142 - 148. People tend to get too discouraged after weight loss in trying to achieve that single number each and every time they weigh. Discouragement leads to giving up in trying to eat correctly.

Being someone that takes Coumadin and has a range - 2.5 - 3.5) this made a lot of sense to me. We're always counseling people who think their INR is unstable because they don't stay at 3.0 all the time, to just adhere to the range and they're fine.

Thanks Karlynn:) ? I strongly agree with having a target range ?. Personally I have set my target range at 170-175 so I have a ways to go ? but I also find it helpful (for me) to set mini goals of five or ten pounds ?. if I look at the thirty or so pounds that still need to come off it sometimes gets overwhelming ?. Again, thanks for the applause and thanks for being a faith member of the ThrowDown!

The Incredible Shrinking Chimp! WOW!!!

As for Superbob, his scale is not working this morning. SB knows, this sounds like "the dog ate my homework," but it is true. A Superhero would not lie. :eek:

SB did toss his stocks of peanut butter last night, overcome by the realization that eating gobs of Jif right out of the jar is playing right into the hands of Lex Luthor's plot.

So if SB can get his scales fixed or buy a new one, he will most likely weigh over the weekend, after drinking his own special concoction of Kickapoo juice. :p

Peanut butter is an evil and corrupting force:mad: ?. Personally I?m a Peter Pan kind of Chimp but when the spoon comes out of the drawer and the lid comes off the jar I?m done:eek: ?. I ended up getting some salted peanuts and a diet coke out of the snack machine for lunch yesterday, figured maybe 5 WW points, try seven ?. How can something so damn good have such a bad effect on the waistline?:confused: ?. Oh, and as far as the scales go, try several and by the ones you weigh the least on:D

Good going!

Good going!

Way to go Cooker!:):) You are setting a fine example for the rest of us to follow!
I didn't lose, but neither did I gain, so I am satisfied. ;)

Well, I'm up .4. But I'm sure that's due to the fact that I've been doing 2000 stair steps each day on my Air Climber, so my large muscles are gaining weight as I'm losing fat. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!) My daughter yelled at me for even weighing myself. So I may not for a while. I have been very good about what I eat.

I asked my cardio about my inability to lose. She recommended the South Beach Diet. No magic pill!!!!!! (As we all know!) She lost 45 lbs herself doing South Beach and ballroom dancing 3 nights a week. She said the key is to find something active that you love to do. I'm still working on that. With 12 inches of snow cemented to the ground - it's a bit hard to get motivated for any outdoor activity.

Well, I'm up .4. But I'm sure that's due to the fact that I've been doing 2000 stair steps each day on my Air Climber, so my large muscles are gaining weight as I'm losing fat. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!) My daughter yelled at me for even weighing myself. So I may not for a while. I have been very good about what I eat.

I asked my cardio about my inability to lose. She recommended the South Beach Diet. No magic pill!!!!!! (As we all know!) She lost 45 lbs herself doing South Beach and ballroom dancing 3 nights a week. She said the key is to find something active that you love to do. I'm still working on that. With 12 inches of snow cemented to the ground - it's a bit hard to get motivated for any outdoor activity.

SO TRUE!! ?.. my DW has always struggled with her weight and has always hated exercise ?. She has discovered Curves and absolutely loves it! She goes 3 to 5 times a week ?. I?m so pleased for her, she feels so much better and so much better about herself too?..:)

I'm thinking of splurging this weekend on a Wii and Wii Fit, not to replace my walks because my dogs really like that, but as an added bonus and to work different muscles. My sister's kids have one and we played it during the holidays. I had bowled before and that's fun and definitely works the muscles on the back of my thighs, but we also did this game where you have to run, jump, lean while on one foot (and fall down occasionally in my case!) and that was quite challenging. I was out of breath after about 5-10 minutes! I'm so out of shape!

Then I'll be able to use Karlynn's excuse of "muscles weigh more than fat." (which even though it's a great excuse, it's actually TRUE!)

Latest posts

Back