Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....1-23-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm among the gainers this week. :( When I weighed this morning I was up about 1.5 lbs. But then I took my lasix and I swear I must have peed it all out! :eek: I did have quite a bit of sodium this week, so I'm sure that was a contributing factor. That and my general lazieness. ;)

Today I feel like I've back-slid on my recovery from the Dec. surgery. :( Just before going to bed last night I started feeling pain. This morning I'm sore like I was a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what I did, but it sure has brought me down. I was supposed to have gone down to Houston this weekend to see my mom, sister, and nephew, but that's out now. No way I can drive for 4 hours feeling like this. :( I'm feeling very discouraged today...

Congrats to Mary,Ton,Karlynn,Tommy. And for Cooker and Betty and Wise,
I know you will get into the swing of it again,but I would like a pic of
cooker as a hippie in a ponytail:)

Just stocked up on my 80/90 cal yogurts,lots of berries and Karlynn's
(and mine) fav--walnuts. I consider them a 'meat',along with other legumes.
I didn't weigh,as I am only gonna weigh every other week,but I feel and
look the same as last week when I had my loss...finally.Another 10 and
I will be able to fit into my thin clothes again,Its a good thing that styles
come and go so quickly its kinda like 'anything goes'.

Walnuts

Walnuts

Walnuts sound like a good healthy snack, but let me ask a dumb question (of Karlynn, Dina, any others): Do you buy them in the produce section and crack them, or do you buy them in a can or jar shelled? I see lots of almonds, cashews, etc., but few walnuts marketed. I did buy a can of dry-roasted walnuts yesterday but they taste rather bland.

Superbob, who has to eat out a lot, did discover a low-carb menu at Crackerbarrel last night -- 8 oz sirloin, salad, baby carrots, turnip greens -- very nice meal. And two can dine out for $20. Can't do much better than that at a burger joint.

I'm a little late weighing in. I'm at 132.9 today. sort of holding steady. I'm trying to get back to my 129 goal, but maintenance is tough. I indulged at Olive Garden on Thursday, and had to hit the lasix yesterday.

I'm trying to be more active, but the cold and wind are not condusive to getting me out of the house in the evenings. And it's DARK. Plus we're re-arranging the two home offices/home gym room, and my home gym is not quite set up yet. If the wind dies down I'll take Jet to run some agility this afternoon, but no sense going if the jumps are getting blown over.

Have to go buy a small TV for the new smaller gym room, now that I can't use DH's big screen/computer monitor anymore.

SB--It depends which store I go to. The supermarket I go to has a huge
produce section so they have fresh nuts that are shelled and not too
expensive-about 9$/lb.,I think they must have a large turnover.
The smaller grocer across the street has them shelled but I don't get them
since they sell the shelled ones for about 15$/lb. and they are stale,so if I
go there I get the ones in the shell. I usually get almonds and peanuts
or peanut butter too,but now there is a salmonella danger with the peanuts.
I haven't heard what the source is,but I'm wondering if it has to do with
tainted irrigation water,since it's so widespread.

Thanks, Dina. Superbob will explore the walnut selection in various stores.

Today Superbob faced a big challenge. Mrs. Superbob wanted to go to the area's finest Chinese buffet for lunch/dinner. Last time SB was there he ate three heaping platters without even pausing to take a breath. :eek: This time, he carefully selected steamed veggies and items without the heavy coatings. He slowly ate one medium-sized platter, then one other. One small slice of pound cake and one small creampuff to finish off. Okay, must have still been a lot of cals and carbs, but SB has a chance to work it off. :)

I don't know Superbob, I think Mrs. SB might actually be LL in disguise. I'm just saying..... :D

Thanks, Dina. Superbob will explore the walnut selection in various stores.

Today Superbob faced a big challenge. Mrs. Superbob wanted to go to the area's finest Chinese buffet for lunch/dinner. Last time SB was there he ate three heaping platters without even pausing to take a breath. :eek: This time, he carefully selected steamed veggies and items without the heavy coatings. He slowly ate one medium-sized platter, then one other. One small slice of pound cake and one small creampuff to finish off. Okay, must have still been a lot of cals and carbs, but SB has a chance to work it off. :)
Did you try eating the walnuts beforehand?

I just buy a big bag of raw/shelled walnuts at Sam's Club or Costco.

I think the roasted ones may have too much salt - the ones sold in the snack section. You may want to do some price shopping on the internet, since the ones in the baking section of a grocery store can be expensive.

I bought a 3 lb bag of raw/shelled at Costco for, I think, $13.

You can also roast them yourself and add your own salt or other spices.

I've been having some as a snack combined with blueberries. For some reason that really satisfies my taste buds.

LOL -- no walnuts before, but SB is nibbling on them now, because of course SB is hungry already. :rolleyes:

Well, it is true DW has the sweetest tooth in the Western world. Checking out at Crackerbarrel last night, here she comes (as is typical) with bags of candies to take home. She hides them all over the house (as though SB couldn't use his superpowers to find them at 3 a.m. :eek:) Could she be in cahoots with LL, or is that fiend just working that sweet tooth for SB's demise? Whatever, SB must be constantly on guard. :D

Fortunately, I don't crave candy. I'll eat it if it's available in a candy bowl beside me,;) but I rarely buy it. The one exception is when we go to the movies. I have to have candy! :eek: I don't understand the motivation, but it is powerful!:mad:

I bought a 3 lb bag of raw/shelled at Costco for, I think, $13.
Oh wow...I don't buy roasted or salted,but pay almost 3 times what
you do:mad: Maybe we can bootleg them. And naturally you will be
well compensated:D

Snow, sleet, freezing rain headed toward Blue Ridge. :eek: Will there be comfort-food mulligans? Superbob and Superdawg face cabin fever for a few days. The worst thing is that LL has diabolically stashed candies away throughout the cabin. :( Guess the Man of Steel can heat the exercise bike up and toss the ball to Superdawg. :rolleyes:

Snow, sleet, freezing rain headed toward Blue Ridge. :eek: Will there be comfort-food mulligans? Superbob and Superdawg face cabin fever for a few days. The worst thing is that LL has diabolically stashed candies away throughout the cabin. :( Guess the Man of Steel can heat the exercise bike up and toss the ball to Superdawg. :rolleyes:

TheChimp has been a dismal example of will power and leadership for the past week or so ?. Far be it for me to deny a mulligan under any circumstance ?.. Snow-Sleet-Ice in any form or amount scream comfort food ?. I suggest you stock up on scones before the roads become dangerous to navigate?..

Okay - I don't want to have to come and spank our fearless leader, but stop being so hard on yourself or I will have to do just that! Look at all the weight you've lost brother!!!! You know you can do it, so cut yourself some slack, okay. :)

Okay - I don't want to have to come and spank our fearless leader, but stop being so hard on yourself or I will have to do just that! Look at all the weight you've lost brother!!!! You know you can do it, so cut yourself some slack, okay. :)

Now that thought put a grin on this gloomy mug:D:D:D:D

Lookin forward to a spankin now Cooker ?...

Dont feel so bad, you are still doing better than me...I ooopsed and went and found those 3lbs I lost earlier this week...they were hiding in the biscuit jar :eek: with the chocolate

Cooker--
Plus with all that long hair you are gonna have,no one will even notice
a 2 pound gain;)

Don't worry you'll get into the spirit again,its just hard to catch at times:)

Latest posts

Back