Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....1-23-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Here we go on another week of downs, sames and ups ... I have not been on the scales today but I have no doubt that tomorrows post will show a gain .... TheChimp has been on a milkshake kick with a few dozen cookies thrown in for good measure:eek: ... I have no idea why I have done the high dive jackknife into the pool of carbs:confused: .... as they say "it happens" .... I hope others have had a great week .... if you lost over 4 pounds this week consider sending me one or two that I can subtract from my debauch;)

I'm really having a difficult time being consistent. I'm not doing terrible terrible, just not good. I need to avoid controversial threads for one thing ;) (which I again re-vow to do, as of now :eek:). Stress eating is the worst of binges for me.

So, I did well yesterday and am endeavoring to stay there. Wish me luck.

Superbob thinks he will have a good report to make tomorrow. Just back from a 2.5-mile Nature walk with Superdawg -- the old knees are making a comeback! :) Sneak peek at the scales early this morning looked encouraging.

Now, as far of giving any weight loss to The Chimp, no way! The Chimp is so slender he could easily take 20 of Superbob's excess pounds and still be adorable to all the ladies. (Said with envy by Superbob? Darn right! :D

Superbob thinks he will have a good report to make tomorrow. Just back from a 2.5-mile Nature walk with Superdawg -- the old knees are making a comeback! :) Sneak peek at the scales early this morning looked encouraging.

Now, as far of giving any weight loss to The Chimp, no way! The Chimp is so slender he could easily take 20 of Superbob's excess pounds and still be adorable to all the ladies. (Said with envy by Superbob? Darn right! :D

SB .... very kind words for TheChimp who has been out of control all week:eek: .... I took a peek at the scales this morning .... I will wait and give my official report in the morning .... maybe the Pound Fairy will come and wave away a pound or two:rolleyes:

I started off the week just fine but messed up today big time. For dinner we planned on getting a Domino's pizza for which I had budgeted WW points. When I went to order it the cost was outrageous. I ended up taking advantage of a special they had going which included two of their new sandwiches (delicious by the way). Anyway, I'm running a fever and feel like I'm getting the flu and had no resistance to having desert as well. Besides, I'm getting cabin fever and everthing is still icy and snowy outside which is not wise to attempt with crutches. Tomorrow is another day and another opportunity to succeed.

Oh Goody...
I am not alone in having had a weak moment or three;)
Afrer having been stranded due to my injured toe for 4 days the first thing I did when I got semi-mobile again was head for the Carbs... Shortbread was the first of my sins :eek: and numerous cups of sugary milky tea and coffee..

I am planning to be really good today and stick to water as those other beverages seem to add up to lots of pounds. I dont want to regain the weight I lost due to my inattentive carers earlier this week who left me stranded in my room with water and sugarless gum for sustenance.

So I joyfully report a small victory on the scales...down about 3lbs ...WHoo-Hoo..first biggest loss for me in a loooong time!:D

I was not as good as I should have been but not as bad as I could have been. Sounds like a good country western song.

Starting Weight-145
Last Week-140
This Week-139
This week Loss-1
Total Loss-6

I started off the week just fine but messed up today big time. For dinner we planned on getting a Domino's pizza for which I had budgeted WW points. When I went to order it the cost was outrageous. I ended up taking advantage of a special they had going which included two of their new sandwiches (delicious by the way). Anyway, I'm running a fever and feel like I'm getting the flu and had no resistance to having desert as well. Besides, I'm getting cabin fever and everthing is still icy and snowy outside which is not wise to attempt with crutches. Tomorrow is another day and another opportunity to succeed.

Betty .... IMHO trying to stay on plan under your current conditions id next to impossible .... hang in there ... you know it will get better .... you are in my prayers:)
Oh Goody...
I am not alone in having had a weak moment or three;)
Afrer having been stranded due to my injured toe for 4 days the first thing I did when I got semi-mobile again was head for the Carbs... Shortbread was the first of my sins :eek: and numerous cups of sugary milky tea and coffee..

I am planning to be really good today and stick to water as those other beverages seem to add up to lots of pounds. I dont want to regain the weight I lost due to my inattentive carers earlier this week who left me stranded in my room with water and sugarless gum for sustenance.

So I joyfully report a small victory on the scales...down about 3lbs ...WHoo-Hoo..first biggest loss for me in a loooong time!:D

Way to go!!! .... :D:D:D
I was not as good as I should have been but not as bad as I could have been. Sounds like a good country western song.

Starting Weight-145
Last Week-140
This Week-139
This week Loss-1
Total Loss-6

Way to go Sue!!! I don't know what your goal is but just remember, a pound a week is 52 pounds in a year .... not that you need to lose that much but slow and steady wins the race :D

Bad Chimp ..... bad, bad, bad:rolleyes: I have had the good / misfortune in discovering Chick-Fi-A cookies and cream milkshakes .... nothing else need be said...... up 5 pounds .... those things are heaven in a cup:D

Starting weight.......233
Last Week .............201
This week...............206
Total Loss ..............27

PS: I do plan on restarting my morning walks Monday .... no need to rush into it:p

I'm really having a difficult time being consistent. I'm not doing terrible terrible, just not good. I need to avoid controversial threads for one thing ;) (which I again re-vow to do, as of now :eek:). Stress eating is the worst of binges for me.

So, I did well yesterday and am endeavoring to stay there. Wish me luck.

Good luck, Wise!

Betty,
One day is not going to undermine your progress. I don't know how you're coping as well as you are!:eek: Stay the course, and you'll do fine.:)

Ton, 3 pounds off is FANTASTIC! I'm so happy that you put together such a great week! Congratulations!

Sue, you're doing great too! Week to week losses are hard to come by, but you did it!

Cooker, seems like you might need to start walking if you're going to regularly indulge in cookies and shakes! You need to add balance to your current lifestyle!;)

I haven't weighed yet, but I will . . . :)

Superbob's goal for 2009: Lose 20 pounds.

Loss in past week: 1 pound

Total loss: 6 pounds

Good job, SB!:)

You've accomplished 30% of your goal in less than one month! Talk about an over-achiever!:p

Due to a combination of work and luck (the hot banana pudding that I intended to order at yesterday's lunch was unavailable:rolleyes:) I am down two pounds this week.:)

A loss is a loss! 1 pound is great. Ton - I never would have said "only" 3 lbs this week. OMGosh, I would be doing the dance of joy if I'd lost 3 lbs in a week.

SB - you deserve a big hug for getting back to your hiking! Congratulations.

Cookie - No use crying over spilled milk - or a few gained pounds. You already know why the scale says what it does. You found the motivation before - you can do it again. Try keeping walnuts or almonds around. When you feel yourself craving - have a small handful (6 walnuts). It helps cut the cravings and has the good fat. (Got this from Dr. Oz's You on a Diet) I've been trying this. We'll see if it's worked after I step on the Wii Fit to weigh today.

This week's Wii Fit weight -1.3
Total loss for 2 weeks (since getting back on the wagon) 2.8

I'm also doing the Air Climber daily for about 2000 steps (a stepper type machine - so climbing stairs), as well as using my Total Trainer for weight resistance. So I assume, while I'm burning calories, and eating healthy, I'm also putting on some muscle, so I'm not surprised the weight loss isn't more.

Wise - I forgot to mention my thoughts on you. You've done such a good job at losing weight, I'm thinking you're a little plateaued right now. Don't get discouraged.

Wise - I forgot to mention my thoughts on you. You've done such a good job at losing weight, I'm thinking you're a little plateaued right now. Don't get discouraged.

Thanks for the encouragement Karlynn. You may be right about that. I'm having a good time with my new job, but I'm having a time adjusting to my eating schedule.

Wow, lots of good reports this week: Mary, Karlynn, Tommy, Sue, Ton....among others, I'm sure; if I've left any out, I apologize. The Throwdown is rollin' again! :) (Superbob accepts hugs as rewards. ;)

As far as our leader, the noble Chimp, we have seen an occasional jump like this, but always he comes back strong -- look at that overall loss, still very impressive -- and Superbob is confident he will do so again.

It is going to hit 60 or close to it this afternoon, and Superbob and Superdawg are going to do some serious hiking. May climb the new mountain trail near here...:)

Back