Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....1-2-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm back on the band wagon - really trying to low carb-it and drink lots of water - so we'll see. I also need to start, cough, working out.

I have a question. Why do you always hear and read to abstain from alcohol when trying to lose weight? I really love a tasty rum and diet coke a few nights a week. It has virtually no carbs and fairly low in calories. What harm am I doing to my weight-loss quest by having 1 or 2 a week??

It's either that or a few brownies! So guess which is the lesser of two evils.

From Netmiff:
Thanks Freddie for taking on the job of "updater". Maybe we'll have to add you to the list of "super"people, we'd have superbob, and superfreddie, anyone else???

From Bina:
Freddie the Sugar Mama.....it has a nice sound to it......LOL

From Betty:
It does sound nice..... and Freddie is a good sport about such things.

Not sure about being "Super" but I do know a teaspoon of sugar helps anything go down ;)

No point counting calories when I'm around :eek:;):D

Why do you always hear and read to abstain from alcohol when trying to lose weight? I really love a tasty rum and diet coke a few nights a week. It has virtually no carbs and fairly low in calories. What harm am I doing to my weight-loss quest by having 1 or 2 a week??

I like a bourbon and diet soda myself and I agree,while there may
be a few calories in the ETOH,I usually work it off by turning on
the stereo and dancing it off anyway:D;)

Booze has no carbohydrates (beer does) ?.. The diet danger in booze is (IMHO) the MUNCHIES:D .... I don't drink anymore but when I did it usually led to "extreme snacking":eek:

Just back from the doctor, and I've got a pinched nerve in my lumbar area.
However, it has not caused me to stop using the elliptical machine at the gym, so I am anxiously awaiting an award from the Chimpmeister.:)You know . . . . a purple heart, a medal of honor, something to signify he appreciates my fortitude in the face of pain.;);):p

However, it has not caused me to stop using the elliptical machine at the gym, so I am anxiously awaiting an award from the Chimpmeister.:)You know . . . . a purple heart, a medal of honor, something to signify he appreciates my fortitude in the face of pain.;);):p

Ouch! Having lumbar issues himself ("moderate" spinal stenosis), Superbob appreciates what the Ref is confronting so bravely, and hereby awards her the Steely Resolve Award. ;) Just keep moving is SB's philosophy, though it is not easy sometimes. Bet the Ref's swimming is a great help.

This is not in lieu of honors from The Chimpmeister, which I am sure will be forthcoming.

Now everyone will want a prize, gee-sh:rolleyes: .... But I know what it is like to keep moving when in pain, now I'm not saying that I do it I just know what it is like from days gone by .... I'm with SuperBob .... lower back pain and still working out? .... If I wore a hat I would take it off to you .... the cup originally was filled with banana pudding, don't know what happened to it:D:p
picture.php

Thank you, SuperBob,for the steely resolve award, and thank you, Chimpmiester for the banana pudding loving cup!:):):)

He's making me start physical therapy, which I hate, tomorrow, so I will keep my eye out for those blond hotties (of the male persuasion;)) that SB is always talking about.:p:p

Thank you, SuperBob,for the steely resolve award, and thank you, Chimpmiester for the banana pudding loving cup!:):):)

He's making me start physical therapy, which I hate, tomorrow, so I will keep my eye out for those blond hotties (of the male persuasion;)) that SB is always talking about.:p:p

Mary, I must say it has been my observation that more females than males have chosen PT as a career (or maybe that experience has just been my good luck) :D Right now, my DW has a PT whom she swears by, who is helping her gradually recover from her shoulder fracture -- and this PT also just happens to be a blonde hottie (of the female persuasion). DW insists that I sit in on all the sessions so I can learn the exercises and supervise them at home -- so I dutifully sit in without complaint. ;)

Seriously, though, whatever the gender or "temperature" of the PT, I hope you will enjoy and benefit. Therapy is greatly to be preferred to injections or surgery if there is a shot at it working.

Latest posts

Back