Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....1-2-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I feel like I got my exercise for the year! I went grocery shopping! :eek: Doesn't sound like much until you realize I'm less than 2 weeks post-op. :eek: I'm BEAT! Couldn't even get the groceries into the house. I'm waiting on DH to come home and do it for me (he's on his way).

Niki, grocery shopping was my only exercise too before surgery, and I would carry to the house only the items that needed refrigeration and left the rest for my hubby to bring out of the car. Do not exhaust yourself as you need your strength for the surgery. Good luck. Eva

Update on the weight

Update on the weight

Cooker,

Happy to know that I did not do very bad during the holidays. Today's scale showed I am one lb up only not three...not bad for all the goodies i ate!

Niki, grocery shopping was my only exercise too before surgery, and I would carry to the house only the items that needed refrigeration and left the rest for my hubby to bring out of the car. Do not exhaust yourself as you need your strength for the surgery. Good luck. Eva

But I'm POST-op, not PRE-op... And it wasn't valve surgery. It was an ICD lead revision. Though, honestly, this one was more painful. :(

Where did all the losers go .....

Where did all the losers go .....

Calling all ThrowDowners!!! ?. We are missing a few of loyal losers:( ?. It is a new year and a great time to renew your resolve to lose those extra pounds and to get moving:) ?This is also a great time for any and all to join the fun ?. We need to stick together and keep it going folks ?.. I look forward to your return and to the new losers that I ?know? will join us?.. Healthy weight is a big step toward a healthier heart!!!!

Memo to The Chimp:

Do you use gin-you-wine, sun-kissed South Carolina prunes to make your renowned kickapoo juice

Superbob needs to know. He feels the need for a post-holiday cleansing to kick-start his weight-loss for oh-nine.

(Just ignore The Ref. :eek: Sometimes a guy has got to do what he has got to do. ;) )
At this point,this witch is going to with-hold her knowledge on herbal lore...
I don't want to be responsible for you becoming dehydrated.And plus,since no one else is telling you,it looks as if our Ref has given her unspoken but uncompromising commmand :D

At this point,this witch is going to with-hold her knowledge on herbal lore...
I don't want to be responsible for you becoming dehydrated.And plus,since no one else is telling you,it looks as if our Ref has given her unspoken but uncompromising commmand :D

Thanks, Dina. Superbob will just have to depend on his superpowers, looks like. :rolleyes:

Okay,I will PM you later..Shhhh..we don't want her to hear us!
Maynard.jpg

You Rang?

Superbob has snuck a peek or two at the scales after a few days back into healthy eating and exercise (and after trashing all leftover holiday chips, dips, cookies etc) and he is hopeful next Friday will bring some real progress to report. (And no it will not be with the aid of any banned substances -- yes he is a little skeered of The Ref. :p )

Superbob has snuck a peek or two at the scales after a few days back into healthy eating and exercise (and after trashing all leftover holiday chips, dips, cookies etc) and he is hopeful next Friday will bring some real progress to report. (And no it will not be with the aid of any banned substances -- yes he is a little skeered of The Ref. :p )

Good job, SB!;):)

Today is the day that Oprah talks about her latest bout with weight gain, and what she intends to do about it.
I'm going to take notes.;):p

Today is the day that Oprah talks about her latest bout with weight gain, and what she intends to do about it.
I'm going to take notes.;):p

Ah, Oprah. Superbob thinks he does not have sufficient hankies in stock to risk tuning the family TV to the show of the affective billionaire from Chicago. :p

Superbob, however, did take his DW to physical therapy this morning (she is gradually making progress in rehabbing this painful condition) and was inspired to note that all the PTs were hot blondes. :) Guess Superbob is entitled to make that observation since he is (1) old and (2) only recently out of therapy himself (and now looking for ways to nab another prescription for more). :D:p

Hi all you throwdowners. I'm back from my pre-op appointments for my ankle surgery this Friday. I would have to look in my WW booklet to recall my last weigh-in but I think it was 174. Today my weight was 175 which is pretty good considering. We returned from a 7 day cruise yesterday and my good intentions quickly vanished but I was still making some good choices keeping points in mind. I know I set a goal for this year but I'll have to go back and look that up too or just stay with my weight watchers goal of 145 which might be better since at least I can remember it:).

I can just feel the optimism in everyone's posts and it is contagious. I'm glad we are all in here together working on this thing.

I thought my surgery might have to be postponed since I developed cellulitis in that ankle during the cruise. I've been on antibiotics since New Years's eve and it has really pretty well cleared up. I have to keep the warm compresses going and keep it elevated as much as possible until Friday. The surgeon looked at it today and thinks we should be safe since the bone graft and incision will be on the outside of the ankle rather than the inside. Weighing will be out for a while since I'll be casted with no weight bearing for at least 8 weeks. He plans on changing casts every couple of weeks. I also got my knee scooter today so I think I'm ready. I just have to persuade my friends at church not to load me up with goodies and too much comfort food. They are such good cooks that it would be really hard not to eat every last crumb. I like what Marguerite posted and I think I'll just focus on wanting a leaner me more than wanting the food that stands in my way. Have a good week everyone.

That is amazing re basically no change in weight, Betty -- congrats! That cellulitis is nasty stuff; glad they caught it and have cleared it up.

Sending best wishes and prayers for successful surgery Friday.

You really did well over the holidays, Betty, and I hope the good church ladies will show some mercy in the food they bring while you're recuperating.:)
I hate to hear that you had cellulitis; that can be serious. I hope after the surgery your walking issues are all resolved.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,
Mary

Back