Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....1-16-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, I binge when I get home from work. I get home around 4:30 and when DH works we don't have dinner until after 8. So I know I won't last that long. But once I start snacking it's hard to stop! Then there's the "just one more bite" as I put away leftovers after dinner. :rolleyes:

I stayed the same again this week. Which is pretty good considering we ate out every night this week! :eek: Gotta get back to cooking...

Well, Superbob didn't binge last night -- it was too cold to get out of bed! :eek:

Now Superbob has another problem. It is too cold to get nekkid to weigh. :eek:

Maybe when the temp rises all the way to, oh, 15.

How do you folks in Chicagoland function? And of course all you hardy Canadians?

Okay, Superbob will take yesterday's weight:

Down one-half a pound.

Goal for 2009: Lose 20 pounds

Progress to date: Down 5 pounds.

Superbob did pare down to weigh just now, but his scales said only "LO." Does that mean "Laughing Outrageously" at this naked fat man standing on me, :p or perhaps it means the battery is low? Why would it get low today of all times? Is it from being on the cold bathroom floor all night? Guess SB may need to find one of those high-falutin' Lithium batteries somewhere. Got the scale just before my surgery 4 years ago.

Anyway, it's been a week with a lot of those "sweet evening cravings" so SB is pleased to still be on a losing track, despite all. :)

Hi everyone, congrats to Cooker and others who lost. I have been eating
a little differently and have not weighed myself for a couple weeks,so I
finally did and I have lost a little over 5 pounds:) I also lost an inch and
1/2on my waist:) I can't believe it. I even put my scale in the closet for
the last 20 days so I wouldn't have to get depressed and discouraged,
I find it strange that I lost weight after that...maybe the thing is cursed!?
Oh well now to lose about 12 more and the biggie...to NOT regain it!!

Karlynn-Re the night time snacking,there is a physiologic reason,and I think
it has to do with carbohydrate intake. I just don't remember the specifics.
This is also a problem of mine..night time kitchen raids.

Hi everyone, congrats to Cooker and others who lost. I have been eating
a little differently and have not weighed myself for a couple weeks,so I
finally did and I have lost a little over 5 pounds:) I also lost an inch and
1/2on my waist:) I can't believe it. I even put my scale in the closet for
the last 20 days so I wouldn't have to get depressed and discouraged,
I find it strange that I lost weight after that...maybe the thing is cursed!?
Oh well now to lose about 12 more and the biggie...to NOT regain it!!

Karlynn-Re the night time snacking,there is a physiologic reason,and I think
it has to do with carbohydrate intake. I just don't remember the specifics.
This is also a problem of mine..night time kitchen raids.

Great job Dina .....:D

Okay, Superbob will take yesterday's weight:

Down one-half a pound.

Goal for 2009: Lose 20 pounds

Progress to date: Down 5 pounds.

Superbob did pare down to weigh just now, but his scales said only "LO." Does that mean "Laughing Outrageously" at this naked fat man standing on me, :p or perhaps it means the battery is low? Why would it get low today of all times? Is it from being on the cold bathroom floor all night? Guess SB may need to find one of those high-falutin' Lithium batteries somewhere. Got the scale just before my surgery 4 years ago.

Anyway, it's been a week with a lot of those "sweet evening cravings" so SB is pleased to still be on a losing track, despite all. :)

Way to go SB ..... after last weeks huge loss 1/2 pound this week is great!!! ... Are not prunes in a way a "super power" and therefor shoud be taken off the banned substance list, thoughts? .... We might have a case we can take before the Ref:D

Yea Dina!!!! You broke the barrier and are losing!

Good going SB!!!!!!

I went ahead and weighed today because I felt less bloated. I lost another 1.3, so I think that makes 2.8 for 2 weeks since I started in again. I'm not celebrating yet. I set a 5 pound loss for a month on my Wii Fit.

I also picked up the book and started reading "YOU on a Diet" by Oz and ??? Anyone else read this????

Congratulations Dina, SuperBob, and Karlynn! You are starting the New Year off right!:)
I gained a pound this week, but it was hard to get back in gear after the events of last week-end.
It's discouraging, but tomorrow' is another day . . . :p:p

Congratulations Dina, SuperBob, and Karlynn! You are starting the New Year off right!:)
I gained a pound this week, but it was hard to get back in gear after the events of last week-end.
You're absolutely right Miss Scarlet!

Girl, with all you have been dealing with I'm surprised we did not have to spring you from the rubber room..... Tomorrow is a truly a new beginning for us all.... Now get to the gym:p

Slowly but surely!! Another half a lb down this week from last Friday. I was one lb and a half less on Tuesday morning! I may try Dina's trick...put the scale away and weigh only once every two weeks :)

Starting weight: 166
last week: 166.5
this week: 166

:)

Slowly but surely!! Another half a lb down this week from last Friday. I was one lb and a half less on Tuesday morning! I may try Dina's trick...put the scale away and weigh only once every two weeks :)

Starting weight: 166
last week: 166.5
this week: 166

:)

A loss is a loss is a loss :D .... I don't weigh but twice a week ... once for the ThrowDown and once at Weight Watchers .... It drives me nut to weigh everyday ... weight fluctuates with everyone and it gets to be discouraging for me .... and I say what the heck and binge:eek:

Karlynn, Eva, Dina...Way to go~! Ref, 1 pound is nothing -- you have had mega stress recently. Some trips to the gym, and you'll have it turned around in no time.

How 'bout the physical therapy? Hope it is going well, even if you don't have blonde hotties (of the male persuasion). :)

Meanwhile, maybe you would like to entertain The Chimp's petition to remove prune juice from the banned list, at least through the winter, or on days when wind chills go below 0? :p

Wow, good job everyone.

We weighed today. Cindy is maintaining below her target weight and looking good!! I'm gained .4 lbs., but not bothered at all by that. I virtually drank no water this week and very little of anything that wasn't fully caffeinated. All-in-all a successful week considering how I didn't track anything.

199 no change (if you ignore the 3 lbs gained last weekend that I worked back off this week). Binge time is weekends (duhhhhhhh) and late evenings. I like to take a walk around the block in the evening. It boosts metabolism and keeps me away from the fridge.

Meanwhile, maybe you would like to entertain The Chimp's petition to remove prune juice from the banned list, at least through the winter, or on days when wind chills go below 0? :p

You guys never give up!;)
laughgifs.gif

new year

new year

Well I've finally wised up and am working on losing this weight! I've been eating salads that I add lots of varied veggies and stuff to so they make a meal and more cutting back to lose weight. Next step is knock off the sweet goodies.

I joined my local senior center last week and we do an exercise program on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They also have tai chi classes which I haven't gone to yet but will go to the next class. My exercise goal along with the Tues. & Thurs. is to use my treadmill on Mondays and Fridays. I always do better when I schedule myself.
Wish me luck!
I weigh 146 today (5 feet tall )

Viki

Great job Cooker! I hope to follow suit next week...we'll see.

Vicki, welcome and best wishes to you in your commendable endeavor to be healthier!

Back