Cooker's ThrowDown Friday... 9-5-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm up. :mad: It's my own fault. I've reverted to my old ways of eating and being lazy......
The same with me,I didn't exercise last week and ended up with ankle edema
to the point where you can't find the bones and can't wear shoes:(
But I took lasix and so remained the same.

So after I took 3 days of lasix -I am the same (down 3 lbs.)
But some of my clothes fit looser and I am not sure of my scales since they
were involved in a slight bathroom flood

Mary-Thats great!!:)

Margeurite-really good. Re the white tea --I like it too. Sometimes the
green will make me nauseous(unless I use milk and the milk decreases
the antioxidant value)My favorite is a tropical blend with pineapple and
coconut.

Cooker- I think in C.S. Lewis' land of Narnia there are many such of
these "candy trees" -you just plant a snickers bar and end up with
a snickers-fruit. Maybe something like a chocolate , caramel and nut -
-like 'date'.
Congrats to everyone else-Wise and Cindy, and Sumo
Good luck to Aussi and Gnusgal and everyone else.
Dina:)

The Chimp is on a roll:eek: ? Walking three miles most every day and adhering to my WW points ? in fact I have joined Weight Watchers:eek: and am attending meetings and weighing in with my DW ? This could be ?The Year Of The Chimp?:D:p

The Chimp is on a roll:eek: ? Walking three miles most every day and adhering to my WW points ? in fact I have joined Weight Watchers:eek: and am attending meetings and weighing in with my DW ? This could be ?The Year Of The Chimp?:D:p

What kind of a roll are you on?;);):p
I'm glad to read you're on track,I am too, but others keep trying to derail me!:mad:: Where's SuperBob when he's needed?:p:p

My home scale had me up by 3.6 pounds this morning. Birthdays are diabolical!! Chocolate cakes should be renamed Point Explosion cakes. :eek::eek::mad::rolleyes::cool::D

What kind of a roll are you on?;)
I'm glad to read you're on track,I am too, but others keep trying to derail me!:mad:: Where's SuperBob when he's needed?

Well for once it is not the Jelly Roll:p

My home scale had me up by 3.6 pounds this morning. Birthdays are diabolical!! Chocolate cakes should be renamed Point Explosion cakes. :eek::eek::mad::rolleyes::cool::D

Birthday's only come once a year!!! Just don't let it last a month like I did:D

What a great attitude. It works but you have to stick to it.:p
Good luck to you and your DW

I'm so tickled I can't wait to report on Friday! I bought 4 no-salt cookbooks and an bunch of the Mr. Spice sauces and marinades a few weeks ago. I had thought I was doing well avoiding the salt, but these little assists have made a huge difference. I seem to have stopped yo-yo-ing, and in the last 3 weeks I've lost almost 3 pounds.

I even had lunch at Two Rows on Saturday without messing up my diet. Barking Fish Tuna on salad - guess what, they don't pre-season, so I got my fish without salt, and just skipped the dressing. I even got to eat the corn muffin (which I Know had baking soda).

Maybe this weekend I'll get a chance to post a couple of the recipes I've tried. The Pasta e Fagiole (sp?) is fantastic. I've also made a black bean salad with mango, and some New England style clam chowder (w/FF evaporated milk), and yogurt cheese spread.

That Mr. Spice sauce is wonderful. The Tangy Bang has flavor and not too much heat, the ginger stir fry is fabulous. I've got some rice noodles and tofu waiting for me to try out the peanut sauce as sodium-free pad thai... yummy.

I'm so tickled I can't wait to report on Friday! I bought 4 no-salt cookbooks and an bunch of the Mr. Spice sauces and marinades a few weeks ago. I had thought I was doing well avoiding the salt, but these little assists have made a huge difference. I seem to have stopped yo-yo-ing, and in the last 3 weeks I've lost almost 3 pounds.

I even had lunch at Two Rows on Saturday without messing up my diet. Barking Fish Tuna on salad - guess what, they don't pre-season, so I got my fish without salt, and just skipped the dressing. I even got to eat the corn muffin (which I Know had baking soda).

Maybe this weekend I'll get a chance to post a couple of the recipes I've tried. The Pasta e Fagiole (sp?) is fantastic. I've also made a black bean salad with mango, and some New England style clam chowder (w/FF evaporated milk), and yogurt cheese spread.

That Mr. Spice sauce is wonderful. The Tangy Bang has flavor and not too much heat, the ginger stir fry is fabulous. I've got some rice noodles and tofu waiting for me to try out the peanut sauce as sodium-free pad thai... yummy.

This is an encouraging post, Laurie!:)
I need to come up with some more recipes that I can use, so I hope you can post them later on when you have more time.
Good going!:)

Good for you!!!!! It feels good to feel like you have stumbled on to the magic "recipe" .... We all will find what works for us if we don't give up!!!

Now I know where I should go for dinner when I don't feel like cooking... Your house! :D Seriously. You're not that far. ;)

I'm glad you've found the magic wand for shedding that yo-yo. I bet I could do the same if I could convince my hubby to actually cook low sodium (he cooks lower sodium than most, but still not as low as I would like).

Keep up the EXCELLENT work! :D :D :D

Yes the magic bullet is ever so elusive:eek: ... I almost slipped on a banana peel this afternoon but caught myself before I ended up in the Snicker Tree:D.....a very close call:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back