Cooker's ThrowDown Friday... 9-5-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I did schedule a haircut for tomorrow, but I know there won't be enough cut off to make any changes in my weight!

But I did manage to throw off 3 pounds since last friday. I know I won't make it to 7 more by next Thursday when I see my daughter but if I can shed a few more in the next few days, it would feel pretty good.

You know all I've done is start moving again! It's amazing what a little exercise can do for you. I've also decided to stop drinking coffee (decaf) regularly. Used to be one in the morning, one in the evening with non-dairy creamer and a spoonful of brown sugar (I don't know why I use brown, but in my coffee, I do). I've found white tea. OF all the silly things, but green tea gives me the shakes and regular tea is too acidic for me. This white tea (Starbucks has some) by Tazo is quite nice and is so blossomy, it needs no sugar. I'm also sticking with the no carbs (rice, breads, potatoes, etc.) after 4pm. I mean, of course we fudge once in awhile, but the key is to only have meat and veggie for dinner. That really has made a difference for both hubby and I.

So good luck everyone! I've got 2 vacations this fall so I know I'll be up and down on the scales, but the more I keep moving, the better it all gets. So what if it's football season!!! Remember to get out and move at half-time!

:D Marguerite

Good to see you are progressing Marguerite...

Wise, I am going to eat that celery baton today...its school sports day and I need something healthy to snack on while I watch the activities!

My weight hasnt changed but spring has sprung and that makes for glorious weather so I may have to get walking!

The hair stays:p ... I'm up 2.5 pounds ... I am exercising my butt off but I can't seem to watch my points at the same time ... It's like exercise gives me a license to eat ... I'll find the magic combo:) ... Did someone say combo?!?:D:rolleyes:

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................215
This week....................217.5
Weekly Change............ +2.5
Total Loss......................15.5

I'm up. :mad: It's my own fault. I've reverted to my old ways of eating and being lazy. It's being back at work. It's throwing me off. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :p I'm very ready to just give up. :( But I don't want to be left out of the fun and frivolity here in the ThrowDown II, so I will try my best to stick with it.

I'm up. :mad: It's my own fault. I've reverted to my old ways of eating and being lazy. It's being back at work. It's throwing me off. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :p I'm very ready to just give up. :( But I don't want to be left out of the fun and frivolity here in the ThrowDown II, so I will try my best to stick with it.

NEVER GIVE UP!!!! Niki, you can do it ... you are in a transition with school starting back and all the other stuff on you mind .... it will all come around .... take it from your "fat ass" leader that sees his weight go up every week since putting down nicotine and walking his ass off that quiting is not the answer!!! .... I keep telling myself that this is going to be the week it all comes together .... and it might be ... and if not maybe next week .... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

I'm down 1.5 lbs and within 1 lb of my all-time low from a couple months ago.

Looking forward, the bad news is I'm going to Maine on vacation next week. The good news is I hate sea food.

I'm down 1.5 lbs and within 1 lb of my all-time low from a couple months ago.

Looking forward, the bad news is I'm going to Maine on vacation next week. The good news is I hate sea food.

Great Jack!

I'm down 2.5 pounds and within 1 lb of my before-June-vacation!:)

No vacation planned for next week, so there's hope!

Hang in there Cooker and Niki, and Ton, wave that celery baton wildly in anticipation of Spring and good weather!:):)

Congrats to this weeks losers!

Here's our report:

CINDY:

Starting Weight: 170.4
Two Weeks Ago: 140.6
This Week: 140.6
No weekly change
Total Loss: 29.8

WISE:

Starting Weight: 204.8
Two Weeks Ago: 177.6
This Week: 177.2
Weekly Change: -.4
Total Loss: 27.6

The good and bad news really is that Cindy's at home weight is below 140 this morning, and mine is up. Right now if I stay the same next week, I'd be happy. It's time to get myself moving, I think.

Ton, can I start chomping on the other end of that celery baton. We may end up qualify for Cort's Chicago Olympics in the Celery Baton Synchronization category!

Cindy and Wise way to go!!! ?. I?m afraid I will have to pass on the celery baton ?. Maybe I need to climb back up the apple and banana trees and eat there ? I seem to have found a Snicker Bar tree?????:eek::D

Cindy and Wise way to go!!! ?. I?m afraid I will have to pass on the celery baton ?. Maybe I need to climb back up the apple and banana trees and eat there ? I seem to have found a Snicker Bar tree?????:eek::D

In truth, I detest celery. I'd love to come upon that Snicker Bar Tree about now though. :eek:

Root Canals...yikes...I have had waaay too many of them, they are good for dieting though. Glad you are safe from the Hurricane.

Did someone mention Snickers???...I haven't had one of them for years...My celery stick needs to be dipped in something tasty 'cos its awfully boring on its own.

In the spirit of school sports day I walked up the hill and back to the carnival so I ended on a good note....boy was I tired, 1 mile each way with a hill in the middle is a long way for an unfit mama.

I am so glad I am not alone doing this yo-yo thingy, its great to have you guys playing too.

Latest posts

Back