Cooker's Throwdown Friday ... 8-30-13

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
I had a carb blowout for a couple of days but still managed to lose a bit. My biggest challenge right now is exercise. I am SO busy and by the time I put in a full day at work I just can't make myself walk. No excuse I know. I just need to push harder.

So, how has your week gone? I hope well. I have not logged on for a few days, sorry.:redface2: Any tips for fitting in a walk or just having to gumption to put on the tennis shoes and hit the road? My recliner seems to be my best friend after I get home (chair potato):biggrin2:

Have a great week!!!

2013 Starting Weight: 231
Last Weigh In : 226.00
Todays Weight: 224.25
YTD: 6.75

I am a chair potato too. I did buy some new very comfy Skechers running/walking shoes. I have started on the treadmill and will graduate outdoors after I get used to it. Right now, I confidently attest, I look like a over labored 90 year old trying to run.

I'm glad to see that you've lost weight, Cooker even with the carb blowout. Regarding the walks . . . it's been too hot and humid for me to do any exercising so I'm a poor person to offer suggestions. Maybe now that my trainer, Wise, is back with us, I can at least put forth a little effort, but then, maybe not!
We're headed to Wisconsin so I'll be AWOL next week. I lost a pound, but the upcoming trip involves lots of pie and cheese eating, so I'm confident the loss won't last.:wink2:

Steve, have a safe trip and enjoy the change of scenery.

2013 Starting Weight: 151.5
Last Weigh In: 148
Today's Weight: 147
YTD: 4.5

I've been as active as I can, on land and in the water, but don't see any real change on the scales. I'll hang around here but don't expect to move the needle much until we get into fall weather.

I'm holding steady, just under 150, after my weekend in Steeler-town with my sister's family (homemade Lasagna, lots of wine, yummy).
I'm recovering from a back injury, so exercise is on hold except for a little walking and a very gentle yoga class last night. Still taking a small does of muscle relaxants. I'm not ready for the elliptical just yet.

We have a 10 day visitor from the local shelter. He's about 9 months old and 50 pounds, and not yet housebroken (according to my spouse, who forgot puppy 101). He has to be out of the shelter for 7 days before he can be transported to a rescue group out of state that has a place for him. Jet is enjoying having a temporary playmate, but "Elton" is going to get the "how to housebreak your dog in 7 days" treatment while he's with us: crated, walked, played and eliminated on a schedule. No free run of house unless he's just emptied everything and under direct supervision. Oh, and I'm having spouse roll up the Persian rugs as soon as I get home!!! The carpet is ready to be replaced, but my good rugs???? Not.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Just checking in. Doing ok in SC. Like Duffey I'm suffering from the heat and sticking with the AC. I am staying true to my plan so my weight is crawling downward. Ok folks, where's the banter :biggrin2:

Ate my way through Labor Day weekend -- now do doc appointment and have to step on those danged scales, clothed. (Please, please, nurse, may I disrobe? -- you can close your eyes) :p

Superbob, it seems to be a rule that when you have a doctor's appointment that you have an occasion to gain a little weight just before the appointment. It's not your fault, it's just the way it is.

Cooker, sounds like you're doing well. It was very hot here too, but today the high is 81 and will be a very nice day.

I am losing weight, but I don't know how much yet. That's all that matters right now. I had a hectic week last week (hectic for me, at least). This week I will work my two part-time jobs on Wednesday, going from one to the other and will have a long day. If I could split it up, it would be better. Anyway, to call the first one a real job is almost not accurate, but I do get paid a little. I am in a better frame of mind stress-wise and am returning to "normal" if there really is such a state of being.

Hey, does anyone have any good recipes for good stews or vegetable casseroles (except the green bean thing with mushroom soup)? I find that if I eat some of these types of things, although not diet food, I don't eat as much during the week. They're a complete meal for me and I can eat a piece or two of chocolate afterward and be happy. Also, any veggies recipe would be a good thing, 'cause I need to eat more of them. Oh, and would someone show up here and cram some fruit down my throat, that would be helpful too.

Back