Cooker's ThrowDown Friday... 8-29-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings Losers:rolleyes: ... We have had very little activity on the ThrowDown ... I hope this is not a sign that we are spending too much time at the local scone shop:D;) ... We have three days before we will weigh in on the first 2008-2009 Throwdown ... I for one need to get down to business ... I could throw multiple reasons for not sticking with my plan but you guys have heard that BS before and are probably as tired of it as I am:rolleyes: .... I hope you are having a good week and I hope we can all get back on track ... discussing health and heart issues!!

Sorry I didn't post, especially with it being a special week , but the truth
is --I didn't weigh myself. For some reason I picked up alot of extra fluid
and I just knew that the scales would reflect it. I have been off the lasix
for awhile and it feels like going back 3 steps to take them again. I started
taking it 2 days ago and the good news is that I can now see my ankle
bone and my toes no longer look like vienna sausages--yukk! that visual
would spoil anyones appetite....my anniversary gift to everyone here:D

Aussigal- I know the feeling . I did the same thing ....finally lost the
weight I had gained during my last diet:eek:

Wise-I hope you said hello to Louisville for me . I do miss it.

Karlynn-I was telling a friend of mine (who has more space) about
your super-neato Wii exerciser, I was hoping if she gets it , and she
is in my neighboorhood......;)

Marguerite-welcome back , I guess you were here prior to my joining.
I have lost a total of 3 pounds, but I am also hypothyroid. Maybe now
you can understand my PM concerning hair loss...I do not wish to be a
fat AND bald woman:eek:

So Im putting off the weighing til thursday.
Good luck to everyone until then, Dina

Ok I call BS on this ... and that does not stand for breakfast sandwich:mad:.......

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/hea...BMI/english_bmi_calculator/bmi_calculator.htm

Tell me wht you think:mad:

Superbob concurs: this is B.S. Can't calculate with a few clicks of the mouse. There are 250 pound NFL linebackers who have very low body fat.

Superbob has to be immersed in a pool (followed by a hot tub) by his hottie physical therapist in order to accurately calculate his BMI. :p;)

I've got a question. Are we starting new tallies regarding weight loss for this year? Are we, for those of who do, listing our total weight lost? Doesn't matter to me, just curious. :)

I've got a question. Are we starting new tallies regarding weight loss for this year? Are we, for those of who do, listing our total weight lost? Doesn't matter to me, just curious. :)

I was going to start with my last weeks weight but I thought about it and decided to keep track from my original high weight .... I don't guess it matters, as we all have a goal ... some peeps don't even tell their weight ... they just post loss or gain.....

I was going to start with my last weeks weight but I thought about it and decided to keep track from my original high weight .... I don't guess it matters, as we all have a goal ... some peeps don't even tell their weight ... they just post loss or gain.....

I was thinking the same. I think it'll help to keep reminding myself of where I started on my journey to fitness. Now if I can get motivated to move my body.

I tried the body mass link Cooker gave and they consider me moderate-
high in the 'overweight' category , and even IF I lose the 22 pounds ,I
will just barely be in the average category I'm 5' 5" and my target weight
is 145. When I was this weight 2 years ago , I looked kinda skinny, but
It did feel great:)
Dina
Thanks Cooker-I sent it to my mom too

I didn't get a chance to weigh myself on Friday because of work... Then Saturday was a busy day too. To be honest, I haven't even been thinking about my weight the last few days because I've been so dad-gum tired from getting back into the swing of work. I did step on A scale (not the one I usually use) and it looked like I stayed about the same. Didn't go up, at least! One thing about working, at least, is that I can't gorge myself at lunch. I can only eat what I brought, so that limits me perfectly. Now if I can just be sure to do the same at dinner. ;)

I think my grand-total loss from this year was a measly 6 lbs. At one point I had actually hit the -10 lbs mark, but all the bouncing up and down has done away with that! But I will say that I'm making healthier choices, especially when eating out, and that's a great thing.

I'm doubting I'll be doing much actual weight loss the next month or so, what with the fertility drugs I'll be taking (I hear I'll be bloated to the point where people will think I am pregnant. Of course, people already do...), but I love the humor and support here at the throw down, that I will continue to check in. :)

Ok I call BS on this ... and that does not stand for breakfast sandwich:mad:.......

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/hea...BMI/english_bmi_calculator/bmi_calculator.htm

Tell me wht you think:mad:

OK, I did this little BMI thingy and at first it said I was out of range :eek:...OOOPS, I had entered 173 metres tall :D...with my corrected height entered I come in at 24.5 for my BMI...well that's OK but I am still whinging about the belly and thunder thighs !?, doesn't leave much room for ice-cream either :(

OK, I did this little BMI thingy and at first it said I was out of range :eek:...OOOPS, I had entered 173 metres tall :D...with my corrected height entered I come in at 24.5 for my BMI...well that's OK but I am still whinging about the belly and thunder thighs !?, doesn't leave much room for ice-cream either :(

Wow! thats great, I'm jealous ,I'm 28.3 and that looks pretty bad , I did
take ballet for 9 years when I was a teen, maybe I'm like Superbob and
just have too much muscle:rolleyes:
Yeah....right!

I feel that many of us are just short for our weight ... you might say we are vertically challenged:p

Yeah that can be a problem. At about 5' 6 1/2" in height, 204.8 pounds was a tad bit uncomfortable. I felt like I was wearing an innertube. :eek: After losing a combined 56.2 lbs., Cindy and I didn't know we were so far apart before!

I feel that many of us are just short for our weight ... you might say we are vertically challenged:p

LOL...I have a 13 yr old son who grew outwards before he grew upwards. The kids Cardio also told him he was too short for his height!..We are still waiting (impatiently) for the upwards growth spurt to even things out for him... meantime the poor kid suffers from teasing from his two older 6 foot plus brothers...at least we have the "tall" gene on our side and he has a good chance of catching up.

Dina...I agree you likely have muscles from 9yrs of Ballet...

My hubby has alot of "potential muscle" around his middle that adds to his weightiness!

LOL...I have a 13 yr old son who grew outwards before he grew upwards. The kids Cardio also told him he was too short for his height!..We are still waiting (impatiently) for the upwards growth spurt to even things out for him... meantime the poor kid suffers from teasing from his two older 6 foot plus brothers...at least we have the "tall" gene on our side and he has a good chance of catching up.

Dina...I agree you likely have muscles from 9yrs of Ballet...

My hubby has alot of "potential muscle" around his middle that adds to his weightiness!

If your son doesn't end going the way of the genes, he can join us vertically challenged Throwdowners and proudly wave our Olympic baton, a celery stick!

Regarding potential muscle, I haven't taken advantage of that as much as I could. After losing over 27 lbs., it's time to step up the activity level!

Latest posts

Back