Cooker's ThrowDown Friday... 8-29-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
This is the one year anniversary of the ThrowDown!! ... What a year!! ... It has made a huge difference in my attitude toward my health and over all well being!! I will weigh in tomorrow with this years accomplishments!!! ... The 2008-2009 Throwdown will be even better!! You folks are the best!!! ...:)

Well, at least I should be below my starting weight from last year??? Though not nearly as below as I would have liked. I really have loved being a part of the throw down and hope you all realize what a big influence you've had on my overall well being. :D

Congrat's on the one year anniversary!

Congrat's on the one year anniversary!

I didn't start this journey until about 5 months ago, but I've been doing a fairly good job at taking off the pounds lately. I was down another 3.2 lbs on Monday. I was going to cut and paste my blog here, but it doesn't quite work with the pics and everything, so if you want to check them out, you'll have to click on the link to my blog under my signature. I just happen to have a picture of Ray and myself, taken almost exactly one year ago on there...and another one from last weekend. Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!

I didn't start this journey until about 5 months ago, but I've been doing a fairly good job at taking off the pounds lately. I was down another 3.2 lbs on Monday. I was going to cut and paste my blog here, but it doesn't quite work with the pics and everything, so if you want to check them out, you'll have to click on the link to my blog under my signature. Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!

Great job Jeannie!!! I'm so glad you joined us!! We will all see major losses this year!!! Keep "off" the good work:D

Well, at least I should be below my starting weight from last year??? Though not nearly as below as I would have liked. I really have loved being a part of the throw down and hope you all realize what a big influence you've had on my overall well being. :D

Niki .... I think we all have been blessed by laughter if nothing else ... I was hoping for a huge loss but hey ... I did not get this way in a year so I can't get where I want to be in a year... I just wish us all a year of progress, laughter and love .....The 2008-2009 Throwdown will rock!!!:D

Congrats to all our throw-downers, the fact that we have almost all kept going is such great news.:D we are a very dedicated bunch.

I have finished this year on a good note in that I have lost the extra extra blubber I had gained while trying to lose my initial ammount of blubber :rolleyes: its ridiculous but, I am fairly happy at the weight I am at now, and my tummy bulge even shrank by half which was my goal!...

I am all cleaned out (thanks to that nasty tummy-bug) and ready to go strong for season 2 of our challenge!

As I said before many times, this year has been a blast and I am grateful to everyone who has had a part in the ThrowDown ... Well my weight is up this week but I have had a week of "events":D ... I'm up three but that's ok ... today is a new day and the start of a new ThrowDown year:D

This year I have managed to lose 18 pounds, quit smoking and started exercising ... not bad for a 52 year old Chimp:)

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................212
This week....................215
Weekly Change............ +3:rolleyes:
Total Loss......................18 :D

2008-2009 ThrowDown Starting weight : 215

Congrats to all our throw-downers, the fact that we have almost all kept going is such great news.:D we are a very dedicated bunch.

I have finished this year on a good note in that I have lost the extra extra blubber I had gained while trying to lose my initial ammount of blubber :rolleyes: its ridiculous but, I am fairly happy at the weight I am at now, and my tummy bulge even shrank by half which was my goal!...

I am all cleaned out (thanks to that nasty tummy-bug) and ready to go strong for season 2 of our challenge!

Great job Ton!!! Thanks for hanging in there with us!! ... :D:D

I'm up 1 from last Friday but down 1.5 from Monday after pigging out at the big wedding last weekend.

All right, Superbob dined with Bubba last evening! :eek: He ain't declaring no exact poundage this morning -- Bubba hisself awarded Superbillybob a big ol' Georgia mulligan resembling a Stuckey's pecan roll. :D

However, in a eerie kind of convergence, Superbob will report that for Year One of the Throw Down, he lost a total of 18 pounds -- exactly the same as Cooker lost! :eek::rolleyes:;)

Okay, Happy Anniversary everyone. Next week Superbob starts on the goal of matching that loss with a new one by August '09. :)

I'm up a pound, and yesterday I was down a pound, so I'm not very happy.:mad: However I'm confident that any extra poundage can be attributed to MUSCLE weight, because I've done plenty of that this past week.:p

I went searching for the original thread that started the ThrowDown Friday Weigh-In but came up with the thread that kicked off the second week. I'm putting the link here in hopes that everyone takes the time to read it and maybe regain any motivation they are now lacking.;);) I hadn't joined the group, but I see it didn't stop me from a running commentary on everyone else's progress!:p:p
I guess that's why Cooker labeled me the Ref; it was an attempt to give me something constructive to contribute!:D
WELL IT DIDN'T WORK:D! :p I'm still running my mouth off! :D
Here's to the 2008/2009 Weigh In!

http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-22072.html

I have been AWOL for quite some time now and this seemed like a good thread to pop back into the running with.

I do not want to taint this thread's fun and celebration at all, but my excuse for being absent was my father's last few months, and then my grieving with his passing. (not to mention my mother-in-law's passing, and my husband's 2 uncles with whom he was very close....crazy few months). That and a very hectic summer had kept me off the exercise regime and away from this thread's antics. This week I am back in the swing; walking 3 times and Curves 2. I also completely rearranged the furnishings in a room and put rather large pieces in and out of storage, and moved our son's stuff from a storage unit to home (that with his help, of course). I like that kind of work so much better than exercising.....maybe I should become a mover!! Ha! NO. I'm exhausted!!!! But the sweating was good!

Despite my lack of exercise, I'd been pretty careful what I ate and how I ate it and while waffling back and forth a few pounds, did manage to plateau well and never gain anything back since January.

So, since I joined the throw down, I've only lost a total of 8 pounds.

But since my surgery in April of 2006, I've lost a total of 23 pounds.

My goal for this throw down year is at least another 25 pounds, more would be great. I told my daughter that I would lose another 10 pounds before I came to visit her in college, but that's on Sept. 10th so I don't know about that.....a pound a day......probably not! Maybe 5 more pounds is a reasonable goal. What d'ya think gang? Can I lose 5 pounds by September 10th??

I've been looking in on you guys from time to time and it really seems like so many of you are just doing GREAT!!!

Hooray for us!!

Marguerite

Cindy and I didn't weigh in this week; not because we were bad though. We had to go to Louisville early on our weigh-in day and it just didn't work out. We may have lost weight but we're not going to go by our scale because we generally weigh less at the meeting, so it's hard to know for sure what's what.

After joining the throwdown, Cindy and I eventually ended up gaining extra weight. So, what I'm reporting as a total loss takes that extra poundage into account. Therefore, since we added WW to the mix, Cindy has lost 29.8 lbs and I lost 27.2.

If it weren't for the Throwdown I wouldn't have joined WW, most likely. I hated the fact of not losing much and then actually gaining more. I had committed to the Throwdown and that drove me to drastic measures; so, now I sit in a WW meeting most every week. The benefits have been immeasurable. Thanks to all for their help and encouragement.

I'm Just Happy to Hold Steady

I'm Just Happy to Hold Steady

I started my personal quest of weight reduction in February of 2007 at 260 pounds. Within 6 months i had dropped to 225. I've gone down and up 3 pounds during the next year, but always around 225. I can't imagine how much that helped when my AV went in May and June of this year!

Now that i've started reffing again 11 weeks post-op, I'm hoping to drop another 5 pounds and then use that for my new base weight for daily fluctuations.

I started my personal quest of weight reduction in February of 2007 at 260 pounds. Within 6 months i had dropped to 225. I've gone down and up 3 pounds during the next year, but always around 225. I can't imagine how much that helped when my AV went in May and June of this year!

Now that i've started reffing again 11 weeks post-op, I'm hoping to drop another 5 pounds and then use that for my new base weight for daily fluctuations.

Dennis ...welcome to the zoo and you are more than welcome to join the ThrowDown ... we have a lot of fun and the support really helps.....I need to lose another 40 but it is slow and steady winds the race ... I am king of the yoyo syndrome :D

I joined the forum in late spring as extra incentive to keep off the 43+ pounds I lost pre and post surgery on WW. Since my December '07 ICD implantation and additional beta blockers, I've put on a total of 4 pounds as of this morning. :eek:
Mostly I must renew my dedication to exercise and resist the always-full office chocolate bowls. I have fallen down in those areas. :mad:

Anyway, this is a lifetime gig, and I'm not giving up on getting those 4 pounds back off, and keeping them off. I'm not going back there!

Besides, I gave all my fat clothes to Goodwill already!:D

Greetings Losers:rolleyes: ... We have had very little activity on the ThrowDown ... I hope this is not a sign that we are spending too much time at the local scone shop:D;) ... We have three days before we will weigh in on the first 2008-2009 Throwdown ... I for one need to get down to business ... I could throw multiple reasons for not sticking with my plan but you guys have heard that BS before and are probably as tired of it as I am:rolleyes: .... I hope you are having a good week and I hope we can all get back on track ... discussing health and heart issues!!

Greetings Losers:rolleyes: ... We have had very little activity on the ThrowDown ... I hope this is not a sign that we are spending too much time at the local scone shop:D;) ... We have three days before we will weigh in on the first 2008-2009 Throwdown ... I for one need to get down to business ... I could throw multiple reasons for not sticking with my plan but you guys have heard that BS before and are probably as tired of it as I am:rolleyes: .... I hope you are having a good week and I hope we can all get back on track ... discussing health and heart issues!!

I've threatened my scales with bodily harm if they don't cooperate this week.
Does that count?

Back