Cooker's Throwdown Friday ... 8-16-13

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings from Chimpville:thumbup: ... I hope all are well and making the best of life ... I have not been around much and I apologize ... work, travel and apathy have kept me from being as active here I should be ... Been doing a lot of soul searching and have decided that I need to view my physical condition and deal with it as I have other seemingly impossible mountains that I have had to climb ... That means I am going to try daily diligence ... starting each day with my eye on the prize of a smaller, healthier me ... I know you have heard all this before but I pray that this will be the last time I have to recommit after a mudslide (that's mud pie):wink2:

How have you been? ... Sticking to your plan?

Sympathy to Duffey in the loss of her cousin.....

Peace.....

2013 Starting Weight: 231
Last Weigh In : 228.75
Todays Weight: 230.00
YTD: -1

***Superbob's*** starting weight for 2013 was 265.

Today he is at 258.3

For the year, that is a 6.7 pound loss.

Okay, at certain points in past months, it was down a few more pounds than that.

But after coming back from the Tar Heel land of BBQ and honey a few weeks ago, it was no longer in the "see the 250s" target zone, and I was disgusted with myself.

So Superbob is still making progress, albeit slowly. Adjusted goal is to be in low 250s by January 1, so that "seeing the 240s" can be the new goal for 2014.

Good for The Chimp in his perseverance, remarkable for a simian. :smile2:

All best to all -- hope to hear from many of you this week!

Last edited:
Well, I'm down 0.1 from last Thursday. Meh.

I can't have my birthday present, 'cause what I want for my birthday is to be 15 pounds lighter (ok, 20, but that's pushing).
Not gonna do that in a week, unless I have a close encounter with a sharknado!

I'm with you, chimp. It's really hard to get up each day, work out, and watch the diet, when you see no progress.

It's been that way for me for the last 2 years - the scale has moved in the WRONG direction!

I'm still here, mostly. I know how it feels to see the scale flipping you the bird day after day - it did that to me until we finally adjusted my meds. (No, not mind-altering meds. . . ) Now I'm on a relatively ordinary (note that I did not state "normal") path. For me, I think my weight is very slowly decreasing, and most of the variation I'm seeing is due to fluid retention and diet sodium. At least this week I'm back on the usual track:

Start of year: 164.6

Last week: 158.0
This week: 157.0

YTD: -7.6

My goal is to get to the low-mid 150's so that even if I gain a couple of pounds during the Chicago winter, I can still stay in the 150's. I think I've dropped the easy pounds, and will have to work for every additional pound loss now. That won't be easy, as I am basically working out, walking or biking during most of my spare time. That can't be maintained, as life will intervene. I'll have to see if I can increase the intensity of my gym time, since I can't extend the day.

OhMyGosh -- once more my DW has blindsided me -- she talked me into going to lunch with her UDC group at a fancy tea house just over NC line --- I just read their website -- they have fresh baked scones of every kind imaginable, every day -- not only on lunch menu but available for sale!!! :eek2: HELP! :eek2::wink2:

Bob ... we love the "tea" on the cruises ... unlimited scones ... what's not to lo love!!

Sounds like all are holding on this week ... I'm being a good little Chimp ... LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!

Tea and a scone . . . or two . . . sounds lovely!:wink2:
I'm taking a mulligan for the week. I've had an iffy week with fluid retention and inability to take the diuretics on schedule. No sense beating myself up over a weight gain that I know will be gone in a few days. That's MY story, and I'm sticking to it!:tongue2:

You're deserving of a mulligan, Duffey.

Superbob keeps running into new temptations, easy to do here in the land of milk and honey and BBQ. :p

Found a new Southern-style country buffet -- reasonably priced, all you can eat. With great restraint I limited myself to one plate, but I know all the selections were not nutritionally ideal. Beef stew on rice, sweet potato casserole, bread pudding (had to try that!), collard greens (they were superb, and should be high in important vitamins), and of course peach cobbler. I avoided the fried chicken but Big Mama sure didn't and invited me to sample hers. I did, just a few bites, and it was deelish. This place will have to be a once in a while treat, and I'll have to be selective.

Guess I wasn't too out of control.

Still, need to step up the exercise this week. Kids will be starting back to school and I figure I will do aqua therapy in the community pool while they are in class. :smile2::thumbup:

It has been a "rough" weekend for me, too. Saturday evening was a sister-in-law's 60th birthday bash, and Sunday we had dinner with a friend of mine from all the way back in grade school. Nice times, but not so nice for the diet. Holding my own so far, but I will watch for fluid retention from the high-sodium foods.

All we can do is the best that we can do - and as long as we keep on doing that, it will all work out in the long run.

There will always be the lurking of our favorite foods ... it seems like once I get my self on track the snack gremlins try to attack ... so far this week I have managed to fight them off ... if it EVER quits raining I will get back to walking.... peace out:cool2:

I see today is the birthday of one of our most loyal Throwdowners -- AgilityDog!

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Laurie! :D

Go ahead and enjoy cake and ice cream if you wish -- you have a TD pass to enjoyment. :smile2:

Thank you. It was super dark chocolate with dark chocolate icing (Central Market), and chocolate ice cream. Yummmy!

I'm taking a mulligan this week on exercise, too:
I was working a t-shirt sale booth at the Pooch Plunge on Sunday - the day the local pool closes, they let the dogs come swim for $5 entry/donation to our animal shelter support organization. Anyway, I moved a box of t-shirts, and strained my back. I missed work on Monday, doped up on muscle relaxants. My boss suggested I just write a check next time. Gotta love that sense of humor.

I'll be celebrating my Birthday and DH's upcoming birthday this weekend with family, so I may need a mulligan next week, too!

Back