Cooker's Throwdown Friday . . . 12-12-14

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Goodness gracious, it has been quiet here! Superbob is starting a new thread this week for The Chimp. I know it is hectic for us all in this season of great blessings. I, for one, am immersed in a battle, along with fellow neighbors, against runaway development that seems to regard all foliage -- not to mention us -- as enemies. But I digress.

I have a six-month's doctor's appointment today, so I guess I will have no choice but to step on the dreaded doctor's scales in a non-nekkid (that is, clothed) state. I am sure my weight will be wrongfully recorded as high, high, high. At some point, I will fess up and post something here. I am busy -- not only fighting developers, but now working out at the Y as well as walking a revived Superdawg. (Good meds are helping the sweet ol'baby dog…)

Anyway, let's hear from you all, one and all, if only a quick shout-out……!

Seasonal cheers,

Your faithful and humble servant, defender of truth, justice, and the American way,

SUPERBOB

Taking baby steps here - I don't have a lot of energy to spend and I have a lot of work and holiday preparations, but I'm resuming strength training, walking when I can, and trying to strengthen my keeping-mouth-closed muscles. Good luck at your appt Superbob.

Home from vacation and had a great time .... the only thing I can share is "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...... taking a much needed mulligan this week but have a new resolve...

I hope super bobs wife is ok. My mil had a bad fall this week, and she is in denial about hernia surgery that is necessary now. Thinking about you super bob.

Thanks mb and all -- she transferred from hospital to rehab facility near out home last evening. Rocky start -- she didn't like an attendant who was rather brusque, but later found so many other very nice people, including her roommate, an awesome lady and a nurse who is close pals with my DIL. Today she starts the PT I assume. I know it will be hard; I pray they will be patient with her (exercise and pain are not her things) and that the PR can help. I'm going over to have breakfast with her shortly and offer moral support.

Back