Cooker?s Throwdown Friday II ..... 4-24-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
I hope everyone has had a good week .... I am fighting the crud again and I fight by "feeding" it .... I will weigh in tomorrow or I might take a mulligan:rolleyes: ... Lets keep SuperBob and family in our prayers with the coastal wild fires.....

Sorry The Chimp is under the weather.

Superbob and family are okay for now, though we can see the huge fires from our front porch. Guess we could head back for the hills, but a wildfire nearly got us there a few years ago. Guess the moral is, the more spectacularly beautiful that Nature is near you, the more treacherous it can be too. (Did someone say something like that about women? -- JUST KIDDING!) :D

As for weight, despite less than great nutritional practices, SB has remained the same this week.

Goal for 2009: Lose 20 pounds.

Change for past week: 0

Change since Jan 1: down 11.5 pounds

A sick chimp and a smokey super hero huh? What a week!

On a funny note, several years ago we had a rash of wildfires here in NTX. I have a melodramatic relative who called me (on the home phone, not the cell phone) just to ask if my home was threatened by the fires. Uh, no, if it were, I could guarantee you I would not have answered the phone.

So, as long as we hear regularly from SB, I guess he and the family are safe, yes? Those fires sound uncomfortably close by. Pack a bag and some dog food for SD just in case, wouldja?

I'm working diligently to remove the offensive extra poundage this week, and am down 1 lb from last week, at 133.6, though still 4.5 pounds up from where I want to be. Water, real weight, who knows, but I'm working at it!

Somehow I'm down 1/2 pound:rolleyes: ... God knows I don't deserve it:eek:

Starting weight.......233
Last Week ................187.5
This week..................187
Total Loss ..................45.5

Glad that SB and his super family are still safe. Is the heat from the fire melting your weight?
Cooker - 1/2 pound - whether you feel you deserve it or not - is 1/2 pound down!!!

Laurie - congrats on the one pound down! Those last 5 pounds can be like the last 2 minutes of a basketball game - they take FOREVER!

Eva - slowly is okay, a loss is a loss - speed is not a rule.

Evelyn - last week was last weeks news. Congrats on the 2.4 for this week.

I'll weigh in shortly.

Way to go peoples...

Cooker, 1/2 a pound is close to what I seem to be getting every week...it all helps add up to a worthy loss...
This week my scales had a rest week...I didnt gain and I seem to have not lost either...guess I need to work a little harder on the cross trainer now...I must be getting fitter!...lol..
Stay safe from the fires SB...we Aussies are well aware of the terrors summer fires bring.

Hi Guys......Thanks for the support....I think it's all the working in the yard.

Evelyn

I am down another lb.

244 strart March 27
224 Today
Total 20 lb loss. Yea!

Superbob how are you doing? It seems you had a health concern recently. Now wild fires on top of that.

Superbob and Mrs. Superbob just feasted on prime rib with all the trimmins at the Carolina Roadhouse. We thought a splurge was in order. Also had Hurricane margueritas. Superbob will rest for a while before taking Superdawg on an evening walk. SD got some of the missus' left-over prime rib. Wasn't any left over on SB's plate. :rolleyes::)

Not too far away, see helicopters scooping up buckets of water and pouring them on the fire remnants. They seem to be getting it under control. God bless the folks who fight the fires.

Good to hear from you superbob,

I am having a good side effect of the weight loss. My BP had been running a little high and pulse in the high 80s to low 90s. But now my BP is running less than 120 over 60-70 and heart rate in high 50s to low 60s. If I can keep it up after surgery I should get to be superjohn.

But I am still wishing I had that primerib superbob has been chomping on.

SB stay away from those darn fires! Stay safe. Cooker are you near the fires? You all did great! Losing 1/2 , 1, 2 pounds is great! Good for you all. Me, wellllllllllllll, I gained a 1 pound. Don't ask me how.There is always next week and I'm goin for it! Good luck to us all:D

Greetings from an out of control Chimp:eek: ... I have had 2 occasions to eat like a gorilla :rolleyes: this week and the new job does not allow me to attend WW meetings so I have hopped back on the WW Boot Camp Buddies forum... it is much like this format but weight loss is the focus.... I do not think I have gained much but I can tell if I don't throw a rope around this out of control behavior I'm in for trouble:eek:

Congrats to all who are losing!!!! Also, we are thankful that SuperBob and family were not affected but the wild fires ... We are mid state and therefore were not affected (hall asked)... We need to keep these folks that lost all in our prayers and also the fire fighters, they are still there putting out hot spots and keeping watch .... true heros........

Back