Cooker?s Throwdown Friday II ..... 4-17-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow John...what an effort...

Cooker...well done on stopping the avalanche of food...

SB...way to go!...you and SD must make a handsome couple on the beaches to attract the admiration of the bikini beauties...well done...I suppose that is even more reason to keep walking SD and not worry about a fence just yet.

Mr. Chimp, you are the champ! -- Over 40 pounds net loss --- a little backsliding now and then is fair enough.

As for bikinis, Superdawg and I were amazed to find lots on the beach when the temp is still in the 60s. The beauties all like to pet SD and SB, well, just observes....with envy. :p:D

Thank you dear friend ..... and this is just to let our non coastal Carolina folks know what you are experiencing:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksWn1b09ZHw

I don't know what happened but I weighed this morning and I was at 187.5 .... I had Chinese food a couple of times this last week before weighing in so maybe it was the salt ... below is my revised report ... not good but much better.....:D

Starting weight.......233
Last Week ................186.5
This week..................187.5
Total Loss ..................45.5

PS: SuperBob, I know the video started off with North Carolina ... you know the further south you go (to a point) the prettier the girls get;) ... I did not want to cause palpitation and arrhythmias in those not as accustom to these beauties as we are:D

Ah yes - Chinese food will do that to you. So basically, you weighed a water balloon a few days ago! :D

I don't know what happened but I weighed this morning and I was at 187.5 .... I had Chinese food a couple of times this last week before weighing in so maybe it was the salt ... below is my revised report ... not good but much better.....:D

Starting weight.......233
Last Week ................186.5
This week..................187.5
Total Loss ..................45.5

PS: SuperBob, I know the video started off with North Carolina ... you know the further south you go (to a point) the prettier the girls get;) ... I did not want to cause palpitation and arrhythmias in those not as accustom to these beauties as we are:D

Good job, Cooker,

Look at the overall success which is great... when I eat chinese, it take me three days to wash the salt aways...sometimes I take a dieuretic the next day if I swell a lot.
I have not bought a new scale yet, as they all have a defect;)
I am oK with my weight as I know I am going through a phase which I shall overcome, hopefully, soon and go back to eat in order to nurture my body not to feed my emotions!

Good job, Cooker,

Look at the overall success which is great... when I eat chinese, it take me three days to wash the salt aways...sometimes I take a dieuretic the next day if I swell a lot.
I have not bought a new scale yet, as they all have a defect;)
I am oK with my weight as I know I am going through a phase which I shall overcome, hopefully, soon and go back to eat in order to nurture my body not to feed my emotions!

I know, I hate that, every doctor's office weighs you and they are all different 178 - 180, but my home scale says 173. I am with Eva on this "AS THEY ALL HAVE A DEFECT" ;) It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

"You on a Diet" is a great owner's manual to find out just how your body works with food. "Naturally Thin" is a great common sense book on how to look at food. It's not a diet book, but is more of a thought adjustment book.

I like them both! I would say that the "Naturally Thin" motivates me more, but the "You on a Diet" had great information

And this is probably no help!
I think I'm going to try"You.." first since they have it on sale at Literary Guild.
But I will keep in mind the other since thought adjustment sounds like
something I could really use.
For me this is what upsets most of my diets,attitude. And a willpower that sadly comes and goes with the wind.
Thanks - Dina:)

Superbob
Thanks. I am a big guy and always lose the first 12-15 lbs fast then it slows down and it has. I am on a good heart healthy diet plus my wife gives me every type of natural supliment you can think of and some you could not. Doing a lot of vegies , fish, chicken mono fats EVO type and very little lean beef and pork. Tough on a guy that is used to buying ribeyes in bulk and eating them 4 to 5 nights a week. I have always been a big guy football in HS and college, body building, airbone army etc. There was a time that 215-220 was a lean weight for me. At this point I hope to get down to 175 or 180 (I know that will be a ways after surgery) and mantain that weight. I would like to get through this and be abke to enjoy retirement for a few years,

Superbob
Thanks. I am a big guy and always lose the first 12-15 lbs fast then it slows down and it has. I am on a good heart healthy diet plus my wife gives me every type of natural supliment you can think of and some you could not. Doing a lot of vegies , fish, chicken mono fats EVO type and very little lean beef and pork. Tough on a guy that is used to buying ribeyes in bulk and eating them 4 to 5 nights a week. I have always been a big guy football in HS and college, body building, airbone army etc. There was a time that 215-220 was a lean weight for me. At this point I hope to get down to 175 or 180 (I know that will be a ways after surgery) and mantain that weight. I would like to get through this and be abke to enjoy retirement for a few years,

John,

Sounds like a good plan to me. Also sounds somewhat similar to my own path.
I pack away considerably less than I used to, and try especially to watch the fats, sugar, and salt.

Superbob
I know what you are saying. In addition to lots of red meat and sweets I have always been a saltaholic. It is amazing how many foods have differnt flavor. Before they al tasted like salt. So far I don't miss the sweets or salt. I do miss the steak.

I am up 1 lb. :( However, I have had quite a bit of fast food (and some Chinese too!) the last few days. Part of that was due to the traveling to OK for the fetal echo, and the other is from being busy painting the babies' room (which is almost done, by the way). I need to go to the grocery store today, but first I plan to take a nap. Painting takes a lot out of a person (especially me!).

I am t that point when I am up 2 then down 1 but over all I am losing. I will go meet the surgeon on April 30. Don't have a date for surgery yet but figure all the weight I can get off (with a healthy diet) may help.

March 27 start

225 Today
19 lbs total.

Superbob
I know what you are saying. In addition to lots of red meat and sweets I have always been a saltaholic. It is amazing how many foods have differnt flavor. Before they al tasted like salt. So far I don't miss the sweets or salt. I do miss the steak.

Send me all the steak ..... :p
I am up 1 lb. :( However, I have had quite a bit of fast food (and some Chinese too!) the last few days. Part of that was due to the traveling to OK for the fetal echo, and the other is from being busy painting the babies' room (which is almost done, by the way). I need to go to the grocery store today, but first I plan to take a nap. Painting takes a lot out of a person (especially me!).

Niki .... I had the Chinese food gain last week ... it was worth it for me:D

Latest posts

Back