Cooker?s Throwdown Friday II ..... 4-17-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
TheChimp is out of control:eek: ... I have taken the approach to eat all the bad stuff in the house (and surrounding areas):eek: .... Chimp Gone Wild .... I will weigh tomorrow and take my lumps like a, well, you know .... I hope you have had better control than I have and success in losing ... I am trying to get back on track .... HELP!!!!!!!

Superbob is still in a losing mode from having to walk Superdawg at least 3 times a day, for lack of a fenced area. Maybe Superbob should forget the fence and keep the walks.

Results for past week: lost 1 pound.

Result for year so far: lost 10 pounds

Goal for 2009: lose 20 pounds.

Superbob is still in a losing mode from having to walk Superdawg at least 3 times a day, for lack of a fenced area. Maybe Superbob should forget the fence and keep the walks.

Results for past week: lost 1 pound.

Result for year so far: lost 10 pounds

Goal for 2009: lose 20 pounds.

Good job, SB!

Good job SB! The beach seems to agree with you. ;)

Cooker, I know all about where you're at. The biggest thing is don't beat yourself up. Maybe you could try plain bananas instead of chocolate covered?

As for me, I've been trying to ride up the River Denial in a capsized boat without an oar. I have hit land and am facing the truth. I will report my weight again when I get back to the 170's.

Cindy is still doing well. I'm hoping we can start walking together more often, that will help us both.

Well done SB...bet Superdawg is loving her new home too...

Cooker our resident weight-loss chimp...Easter Bunny has been and gone...time to get back into it mister! You have indulged and enjoyed , dont want you to mess with all the good work you have done in the previous weeks...we are all behind you.

I had a small loss of 1lb this week (440gms!)...I am happy as that is what I have averaged since I found my majic formulae...apparently at this rate I will be at goal in around 7 weeks, which means I am halfway there WHOOHOO!!!!!

The sad part about this is that I am now at the weight I was when I joined the Throwdown...gees I must have really been doing it really wrong to end up gaining 7 lbs extra...

TheChimp is out of control:eek: ... I have taken the approach to eat all the bad stuff in the house (and surrounding areas):eek: .... Chimp Gone Wild .... I will weigh tomorrow and take my lumps like a, well, you know .... I hope you have had better control than I have and success in losing ... I am trying to get back on track .... HELP!!!!!!!
Me too!! I was doing so well and then 3 days ago the binge started....
what happened? Well nothing for it but to get back on track. Needless to
say I empathize:(
But we WILL get thru this setback:)

Happy for SB and Cindy.
Oh my...summer is almost here!!:eek:

Ok I'm up 5 pounds ... lets see ya beat that:rolleyes::p ... Time to put on the breaks:eek:

Starting weight.......233
Last Week ................186.5
This week..................191.5
Total Loss ..................41.5

Superbob stepped on the scales again this morning and saw another 1.5 pound loss, in addition to the 1 reported yesterday. So he is going to take it:

Goal for 2009: lose 20 pounds

Progress in past week: down 2.5 pounds

Total for year so far: down 11.5 pounds

If this continues, SB may be able to review the bikinis on the beach without having to suck in his gut. :p:)

I'm up too, for no good reason. 134.7 this morning. That's nearly 5 lbs over personal goal and 3 lbs over WW goal. I'm eating properly. Really! I've cut out the office chocolates, and I'm not eating after dinner or going to restaurants. And I don't think it's water, either. AGHHH.

Maybe I haven't gotten enough exercise the last couple of weeks, but I'm TRYING to.

Cooker - it's time to Change Lanes or make a U Turn. That's a phrase I learned in reading "Naturally Thin". You can do it - look at all you've done so far! You still have a total loss of 41.5 lbs!!!!!!!!

SB - all that walking is paying off. Good work.

I just got back from 4 days with my granddaughter. MY DIL is a great cook, but thankfully I stayed the same, still about 11 pounds down. 9 to go. I think the key was that there wasn't a lot of between meal snacking, unless it was healthy fruits and veggies.

Cooker has much more courage than I...I did not weigh. If I gained,I will
have a much better attitude about getting back on the starvation wagon.
But I'm sure I gained about 1-2 pounds,no more.
Congrats to Karlynn,SB,and Aussigal.

Karlynn..how was that book.."You on a Diet" ,is it worth getting? Or is
"Naturally Thin" better. I have alot of bonus points for my bookclub and
was going to get "You.."

Yikes, perils lurk everywhere here! Returning from a morning walk of Superdawg, Superbob was hijacked by his son and grandson and whisked to the Krispy Kreme shop on Ocean Boulevard. And the hot doughnuts light was on! :eek: Through amazing restraint, Superbob ate just one hot doughnut. SB will put that down as a victory. :)

"You on a Diet" is a great owner's manual to find out just how your body works with food. "Naturally Thin" is a great common sense book on how to look at food. It's not a diet book, but is more of a thought adjustment book.

I like them both! I would say that the "Naturally Thin" motivates me more, but the "You on a Diet" had great information

And this is probably no help!

Something about my echo results on march 27 (Realized I am going to be facing surgery) got me motivated. Heart healthy diet since then.

March 27 244 lbs
April 17 227 lbs 17 lbs so far.

Something about my echo results on march 27 (Realized I am going to be facing surgery) got me motivated. Heart healthy diet since then.

March 27 244 lbs
April 17 227 lbs 17 lbs so far.

Wow, John, that's a 17 pounds loss, then, in three weeks? Good for you for getting on a heart-healthy diet. I would just caution to check with your doctor or a nutritionist to be sure you're getting all the nutrients you need. I am no expert, but I know experts usually advise losing 1 or 2 pounds a week, on average.

I skipped last week, and am to ashamed to report this week. Too much going on right now to worry about my weight, but this is not to say I'm not trying

weight this week is still 173

Good job all who lost .... SB, getting in shape for the bikini clad welcoming committee?;) .... I have done better today ... thanks all for the encouraging words.......

Mr. Chimp, you are the champ! -- Over 40 pounds net loss --- a little backsliding now and then is fair enough.

As for bikinis, Superdawg and I were amazed to find lots on the beach when the temp is still in the 60s. The beauties all like to pet SD and SB, well, just observes....with envy. :p:D

The beauties all like to pet SD and SB, well, just observes....with envy. :p:D

Technically speaking, Super Dawg is now officially your "Wing Dog", helping to attract the attention of the bathing beauties and drawing them in to SB.

When my granddaughter was a baby, my son said she was the perfect "wing baby". He'd take her for a walk in her stroller on the Plaza. He said he could have had his pick of the ladies. Young sensitive father out with his baby daughter for a walk. My DIL's comment was "Hey - go for it!"

Latest posts

Back