Considering selling my CoaguChek XS, any one interested?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdryer

Hi

I'm considering selling my CoaguChek XS, any one interested?

It's way to convenient and easy for me to go to the lab, hence having my own monitor is not required.

I've used it 8 times in 8 months. Hence it is less then a year old. It comes with a bunch of lancelets and one test strip.

Contact me via a PM if you are interested.

Thx

Really?
You know in time your veins will become tough because of scar tissue from each needle draw the lab does which may cause pain and bruising?

FWIW, I'd remove the batteries from the monitor and hold onto it for a while.

It's easy to replace the meter. In my home town I simply see the GP, have them write a prescription for the device and head on down to London drugs or the Co-op and pick it up.

I live 7 min from the lab. Working shift work means I do not have to book off work. Truly it is very easy for me.

Preventing scar tissue build up from repedative vein punctures really is a great reason to hold on to the device. But....it is easy to hit the lab. Hence I'm willing to part with it.

I had to pay for mine as well. Sunlife does not cover the cost.

It's disappointing that if you are diabetic the meter cost is covered.

I had to pay for mine too (£299), but the consumables are available on NHS prescription (£8 per item or medicine).

I don't exactly know how healthcare works in Canada, but surely if you were to sell your meter that you were given at a hugely subsidised cost, and then go back a few months later and ask for a new prescription, then questions would quite rightly be asked. Everything has to get paid for somehow, whether through insurance, taxes or directly. I understand that this is not what you are planning on doing, but it could be seen that way, so be careful.

I wouldn't be parted from my coaguchek.

There's a BIG difference in cost between the INR meters and the blood glucose meters. Insurance companies probably don't have an issue with a $10-$20 meter. (These things were, from what I recall, once in the hundreds of dollars, too - and I'll bet that the insurance companies didn't fall all over themselves to pay for them). Unfortunately, I don't think the prices for anticoagulation meters will drop like they did for the blood glucose monitors, because there are fewer people on warfarin than there are diabetics, and the number of strips being used by people on warfarin (what - maybe 50 strips a YEAR?) will never match the number of strips that diabetics must use, so the razor and blade factor just doesn't apply very well here. I remember a few years ago that doctors could get the ProTime meter for free if they promise to use 75 strips a month).

Back