Confussed!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

elisha32177

Hi everyone:

Well we had a setback this weekend. On sat. the cardiologist told us that he heard a murmur in Robert's heart, so he ordered an echo, well come to find out there is a leak in the valve, so needless to say, today they are doing an angiogram to check it out, and figure outthe best treatment. my poor brother, my heart is jst aching. he is doing fine, he's up in the chair sitting and playing his electronic poker game, and his appetite is awesome, but I hate to have to see him go through another surgery. Any feedback on this situation would be GREATLY appreciated.
I feel so overwhelmed, and my poor mom is so upset, but I know in my heart that he can get through this.
Thank you all....:(

Hi Elisha-

I'm so sorry your brother has to have this problem. There are several members here who have had leaks right after surgery. They can heal on there own in some cases, but I'm sure the docs will be assessing whether to wait and see if it will close up on its own, or whether they have to go in and stitch it up.

Please keep us posted. I will keep my hopes high that this will turn out to be the easier situation.

Best wishes to you, your family and brother.

This is not the news you want to hear....another surgery. My first valve developed a leak and had to be replaced, but that was after 865 days! I hope the test proves that surgery is not required at present. Hope for the best!

Hi Elisha,

So sorry to hear of your brother's post surg problems.

My echo showed a leak in my new valve and also a leak in another valve. Seems the material the valve is made of can throw the echo off......???sonar involved. They did a TEE which came out fine. Yes, I had some leakage between the stitches but it was called normal.

I am not sure if this helps but I was a wreck going thru all the following tests.

We will be praying that all is ok with your brother.

Donna

Elisha, I am so sorry to hear this. Your brother has really been given a hard road to travel, as has your entire family. You have my prayers that all will turn out well. Perhaps they will not have to go back in, I will pray that whatever is to be will not be too hard for him. He is very brave, isn't he. God bless

Alisha

Alisha

Just hearing the murmur, the leak in the valve does not mean immediate surgery. Just wait till all the test results come back. And talk to his doctor. And ask more questions here. Education is the key to knowledge. Your brother will be fine. Just take it one day at a time.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

Back