Comments on ARB Olmetec (Olmesartan Medoxomil)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brijeshb

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello Dear Fellow Valvers ,

Is anyone out here taking Olmetec(Olmesartan Medoxomil) to manage blood pressure. My cardiologist has prescribed me 20 mg because my BP was 170/100 when he tested (Though its always between 125-145 / 75-95 when I check at home using Omron) .

Any commends on Olmetec please...

Thanks

In fact he took BP twice one each on 2 arms and the reading was the same ie 170/100 . Probably white coat effect .

It does sound like white coat hypertension if the reading is that much higher at the doctor's office. But, the range that you indicate that you are getting at home also appears to cross into the high BP range sometimes.

In fact he took BP twice one each on 2 arms and the reading was the same ie 170/100 . Probably white coat effect . Dont know !!!
I was meaning a recount on a different day ... exactly because of White Coat Syndrome.

To my mind you DO NOT want to be on a medication you don't need.

What I have noticed is, my BP goes up when I cut on my food like if I get into a fruits /Egg only diet etc . If I neat normal balanced food my BP stays around the 135/85 range. When I fast it goes up to 150/95 range .

Hello Dear Fellow Valvers ,

Is anyone out here taking Olmetec(Olmesartan Medoxomil) to manage blood pressure. My cardiologist has prescribed me 20 mg because my BP was 170/100 when he tested (Though its always between 125-145 / 75-95 when I check at home using Omron) .

Any commends on Olmetec please...

Thanks
BP goes up and down so multiple readings are important to get an understanding of what is going on. Depending on age various numbers are used to decide when to treat. When someone shows up with a 170/100 reading I tend to think there is an underlying problem and the “white coat syndrome “ is an excuse to minimize the problem.
Blood pressure issues for the most part are totally asymptomatic until something bad happens. So if one runs 140/90 most cardiologists would start talking about treatment. Olmesartan is an angiotensin receptor inhibitor which is generally well tolerated. Whether it works varies from person to person.

Back