Colloidal silver okay with blood thinner, Clopidogrel?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok_pilgrim

Hi everyone.
I have used colloidal silver successfully to cure severe infections in the past. But now my husband is taking a blood thinner and cholesterol medication and I need to know if it'll be okay for him to take the colloidal silver as well. TIA!!!

What about antibiotics? This guy took silver got him a unique look. No evidence for efficacy and safety with silver.
E70BA22A-ED4C-4007-9817-BA21E7E5907A.jpeg

Poor guy. I hope that it eventually cleared from his skin.

The way he looked in the picture, he probably could have gotten a job standing with statues, and then moving to scare people.

Again - poor guy.

There are SO MANY supplements out there that it's hard to know what interacts with real pharmaceuticals (including warfarin), how they interact, and whether they're even safe. (I've flirted with the idea of d-aspartic acid (DAA) and tribulus terrestris, but am pretty apprehensive about trying either of them). FWIW - I'm taking a K2/D3 from a trusted brand, supplement and have noticed no impact on my INR.

The way he looked in the picture, he probably could have gotten a job standing with statues, and then moving to scare people.

Again - poor guy.

There are SO MANY supplements out there that it's hard to know what interacts with real pharmaceuticals (including warfarin), how they interact, and whether they're even safe. (I've flirted with the idea of d-aspartic acid (DAA) and tribulus terrestris, but am pretty apprehensive about trying either of them). FWIW - I'm taking a K2/D3 from a trusted brand, supplement and have noticed no impact on my INR.
" The way he looked in the picture, he probably could have gotten a job standing with statues, and then moving to scare people. "
Or in the next Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as an Umpa Lumpa!

No
" The way he looked in the picture, he probably could have gotten a job standing with statues, and then moving to scare people. "
Or in the next Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as an Umpa Lumpa!

No. They were orange. Hey! I know of a guy who will be going through a job transition soon!

But now my husband is taking a blood thinner and cholesterol medication and I need to know if it'll be okay for him to take the colloidal silver as well. TIA!!!
to the best of my knowledge there is no interaction between Silver and Warfrain

However everything I read suggests that you should follow @vitdoc 's recommendation

probably not
https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/colloidal-silver
Is Colloidal Silver Safe?
  • Colloidal silver can cause serious side effects. The most common is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the skin, which is usually permanent.
  • Colloidal silver can also cause poor absorption of some drugs, such as certain antibiotics and thyroxine (used to treat thyroid deficiency).
  • The FDA also warned in 1999 that colloidal silver isn’t safe or effective for treating any disease or condition.
  • The FDA and the Federal Trade Commission have taken action against a number of companies for making misleading claims about colloidal silver products.
{not my emphasis}

Again - poor guy.

Sadly he's passed.
I would echo the cautions from others who have pointed to the scientific literature on colloidal silver treatments. I think it is important to evaluate the risk v reward of any therapeutic.
Reward: Per the literature, the benefits claimed by alt medicine folks is not supported.
Risk: Substantial

Latest posts

Back