College Meal Plan Survey

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponygirlmom

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
This is to settle an argument between me and my husband.

If you attended/are attending college between 1980 and now, or you know someone (parent, child, spouse, friend) who attended/is attending college between 1980 and now, please tell me this:

Did your college offer meals seven days a week? It doesn't matter if there were different meal plans, or if the food was in your dorm or a common cafeteria. I just want to know if food was available on campus seven days a week for those who were willing to pay for it.

"I just want to know if food was available on campus seven days a week for those who were willing to pay for it."

Not to sure about the weekends, but there is outlets across the street from the campus that are open on the weekends. Otherwise, the answer is YES.

"I just want to know if food was available on campus seven days a week for those who were willing to pay for it."

Not to sure about the weekends, but there is outlets across the street from the campus that are open on the weekends. Otherwise, the answer is YES.

Okay, you totally confused me. It sounds like your answer is "I don't know."

Yes that is a Cavalier, and yes there is food on campus. A couple of buffet's in different area and in the common cafeteria which is in a different location. Not sure if the above outlets are open on the weekend, but there are restaurants across the street from campus which ARE open on the weekends.
Does this help to clarify things?

How come it took you so long to recognize the Cavalier?

Yes that is a Cavalier, and yes there is food on campus. A couple of buffet's in different area and in the common cafeteria which is in a different location. Not sure if the above outlets are open on the weekend, but there are restaurants across the street from campus which ARE open on the weekends.
Does this help to clarify things?

How come it took you so long to recognize the Cavalier?

Restaurants off-campus don't count. It has to be breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. It's okay if students can opt out of weekend meals, as long as the students who are living on campus have the option of three meals every day, without having to travel and/or pay a restaurant.

I haven't been on VR.com for a while, and back then we weren't looking for a Cavalier. Now it's the dog my daughter and I want, but my husband still wants a larger one.

Yes, there were meals available on campus, through the meal plan, 7 days a week. Some dorm cafeterias were closed on weekends, but 2 dorms were open 7 days.

Cavaliers is a known breed for heart murmurs - ironic isn't it? They (the murmurs) used to be judge on a scale from 1 to 5, my dogs only got has high as 3 with no meds.
Just thought I'd give you the heads up.

There was on-campus food 7 days a week at the college I went to. The large cafeteria was open 5 days/week and there was a "pub" (no booze of course) for the weekends.

The college I went to had cafeteria food available 7 days a week. Who is winning, you or your husband?

We had the unlimited meal plan 7 days a week, as many meals as you wanted with unlimited Blue Bell ice cream. For those of you lucky enough to be in parts of the country where it's sold, you can imagine why the Freshman Fifteen quickly turned into the Freshman Fifty! My daughter will be going to college in a month and they have a choice. Ten meals a week, 15 meals a week, or unlimited. Food is available 7 days a week, 3 meals a day, although I'm not sure all cafeterias are available for all meals.

Ponygirlmom:

I graduated from college in 1972. I used campus dining services for 5 semesters -- always bought the 7-day, 20-meal/week plan. There was also a plan for 5-days/week, for students who went home every weekend. Cafeterias were closed Sunday nights. I went home maybe every 6 weeks.

I just checked my college's website (Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches Texas) and found this:

* 20 Meals in 7 Days - 20 Meals per week & $50 Dining Dollars. $1,428
For those who like three meals a day, this offers you 20 meals served weekly: breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday through Sunday, up to 4 meals per day with a maximum of 1 meal per 30 minute period. (This plan in non-transferable)
* 14 Meals in 7 Days - 14 Meals per week & $125 Dining Dollars. $1,428
Monday through Sunday, up to 4 meals per day with a maximum of 1 meal per 30 minute period. (This plan in non-transferable)
* Block Plan - 210 Block & $75 Dining Dollars. $1,428
This plan offers ultimate flexibility in dining. Dining members have 210 available meals per semester that may be redeemed with no delay between meals and no restriction on the number of meals per day. (This plan is transferable, but purchaser needs to be present)

All of our dining halls were open 7 days a week. Weekdays we had 3 meals per day and on weekends we had brunch and dinner.

I graduated in 1980 (at the age of 10 ;)) and the only meal not served was Sunday evening meal.

SMU 1977-1981. Everything except Sunday dinner served, and you could get a boxed meal at Sunday lunchtime for Sunday dinner if you wanted. They also offered a "no breakfast" plan for those who simply could not get out of bed in the morning. Otherwise 3 meals per day. And all the Blue Bell you could eat, to boot!

Yup. That's a fair name IMO. Most the gals were there for their MRS. degrees.

Imagine my shock at being the only grass-roots-feminist-democrat-without-a-trust-fund on campus. Yikes!

We're talking Southern Methodist, not Southern Massachusetts here, just to be clear.

Back