Colin Update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarbJean

We live upstate New York, outside of Albany, in La
Colin texted me at 5 am this morning to tell me had stood up and marched in place. I think he was pretty proud of it! Had a slight temp last nite and the chills, but bloodwork is good. They are giving him more electrolytes. Took him off the meds to get his pressure up and it is staying where it should. Moving out of ICU later today. So, all good news. I appreciate all of you!!!!!

Great news. I remember marching in place like it was last week . Wait it was last week. Glad he is doing so well. Hell be walking the hallways before long. Have him do it during rounds and shift changes that always gets them going ..

I just left a message in your GB asking isn't it amazing what a difference 24 hour makes? I'm glad they had him standing up this morning, Justin and I really believe, (unless there are complications that hold things up) the earlier and more often you do your breahthing exercises and walks, the faster you feel better and get to go home.

Continued wonderful news! I remember those chills! Seemed to me that was all part of the "feeling like you've been hit by a truck" thing since all my numbers were fine, too, and nothing needed doing. Hope that will be the same for Colin.
Thanks for keeping us posted. HOW ARE YOU???? Stay rested. You'll need plenty of resilience for the long and possibly stressful (you're a mom, after all) ride home.

Best wishes.

Marguerite

So happy to hear the great news!!!! March on Colin!!!! Thoughts and prayers, still being sent!!! Have a wonderful day!

latest CB update
Friday, July 23, 2010 7:38 PM, CDT

Colin has a private room now so it is quieter than the ICU. Still lots of bells and whistles going off though! I will be staying her tonight to see how things go for him. He is really exhausted today and has been sleeping on and off all day. Pressure is low again so maybe that's why. So happy with the care here!

Barb,

Still praying for Colin. It seems he's right on course by the messages here from those that have been there before. Good news!

Good for you, Barb! Now, you're sure to feel refreshed and renewed! Praying for you & Colin!!!

Thanks, everyone, for your concern. I stayed here last night, but went back to the hotel and took a nap this afternoon which felt great. Lyn, you must have had to do that alot!

I'm glad you got to rest and things are going well.
I never had a room, I slept in Justin's on the couch or pull out chair when he was younger before they redid the floor and got the sleep couches. I actually slept thru rounds a couple times which amazed me with all those people in the room talking and I slept like a log.
it was hard when he was a toddler with 6 cribs in a room with 6 sets of monitors and 6 mobils playing 6 different songs.. No wonder Justin had trouble sleeping when the house was too quite when he finally came home

now the BEST place for parents was dupont each child (on the heart floor not all floors) had a private room with 3 beds 1 for each parent and even when the child was in ICU, his room on the floor was still yours they even gave us menus each day to fill out just like the patients..

Latest posts

Back