Coaguchex XS PT Test strips code

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Just purchased 48 Coaguchex XS PT Test strips and discovered when using that the code on the container does not match the code on the meter: reads "312" rather than "367". Does anyone believe this will make a significant difference in measurements? Purchased from Ebay and have contacted seller for explanation. Thanks.

Guest;n886261 said:
Just purchased 48 Coaguchex XS PT Test strips and discovered when using that the code on the container does not match the code on the meter: reads "312" rather than "367". Does anyone believe this will make a significant difference in measurements? Purchased from Ebay and have contacted seller for explanation. Thanks.

I'm a bit uncertain about your wording.

However the tube should have a code written on it and the box should have contained a small plastic tab (called a chip) which must replace the small tab on the side of the machine. The code the machine displays directly reflects that code on the chip (which is probably from your last set of strips)

Replace the chip in the machine with the one supplied with the tube of strips and you're good to go.

See this in the manual:
https://fccid.io/png.php?id=2891824&page=34

If you didn't get a new chip from the eBay seller demand a refund and return the strips

Reactions: Eva
The chip contains the calibration information specific to the strip. If they don't match your meter will not be properly calibrated. If you buy more than one box at a time they often have the same code since they come from the same lot. If you bought a used meter, the previous person could have left the chip in.

Make sure you put in new batteries. The device will tell you the batteries are OK, but I've had one occasion (in 6 years) that the meter would not work properly until I put in new batteries. The error code indicated to call Roche and the service tech took me through a few checks and then told me to get new batteries of the same brand (?) that came with the meter. When I replaced them the worked properly.

Reactions: Eva
tom in MO;n886271 said:
The chip contains the calibration information specific to the strip. If they don't match your meter will not be properly calibrated. If you buy more than one box at a time they often have the same code since they come from the same lot. If you bought a used meter, the previous person could have left the chip in.

Make sure you put in new batteries. The device will tell you the batteries are OK, but I've had one occasion (in 6 years) that the meter would not work properly until I put in new batteries. The error code indicated to call Roche and the service tech took me through a few checks and then told me to get new batteries of the same brand (?) that came with the meter. When I replaced them the worked properly.

The error code indicated to call Roche and the service tech took me through a few checks and then told me to get new batteries of the same brand (?) that came with the meter. When I replaced them the worked properly.
Would you care to name the branded make of those batteries? I really don't remember what make they were when I bought the unit, tks.

sweetmarie;n886464 said:
... and then told me to get new batteries of the same brand (?) that came with the meter.

he probably phrased it that way to make sure
  1. he/she was not seen to be favoring one brand over another
  2. he/she was wanting to make sure you didn't go buy the cheapest crap batteries you could find.
I spent a number of years working as an electronics technician and I can say that from that experience as long as you buy good quality (Duracel or Energizer or Varta ...) alkaline batteries you'll be sweet.

My additional advice is ditch them yearly (especially if you test weekly) because if they leak in there you've ruined an expensive bit of gear for like what ... saving 20c?

sweetmarie;n886464 said:
The error code indicated to call Roche and the service tech took me through a few checks and then told me to get new batteries of the same brand (?) that came with the meter. When I replaced them the worked properly.
Would you care to name the branded make of those batteries? I really don't remember what make they were when I bought the unit, tks.

Sure it was Duracell. I had never replaced the batteries and told that to the technician.

I second Pellicle's comments about batteries. I've used the ones from Costco, and although they're a bit less expensive than Duracell, I've had them leak in many things - candles, electronics, cordless mice. Those batteries work - I don't know if they last as long as the premium brands, but I've had leakage problems.

I have a CoaguChek XS that I hadn't used in a few years - the old Duracell batteries that were in it still powered the meter, and didn't leak. I replaced them, for the purposes of doing a test or two, with the Kirkland (Costco brand) batteries, and swapped those leakers out once the tests were completed.

Agree with the comments about the importance of fresh batteries. My Coaguchek was starting to throw an error code 8 pretty regularly (internal error). Battery indicator on the screen still showed lots of charge remaining, but I followed advice from people here and popped in a fresh set before bothering to call Roche (I was out of warranty by 1 month...of course). No codes since. Pellicle has it nailed; change batteries regularly no matter what the charge meter says and you will avoid a lot of grief.

Latest posts

Back