Coaguchek XS vs Coagucheck Vantus

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipkid

I just switched from one (Godawful) testing provider where I was using a Coaguchek XS to another provider (Roche) using the same device. I returned my old Coagucheck XS to the first provider and now have another one from Roche.

However Roche also sent me a flyer for a "limited time offer" congratulating me on being eligible as a new patient to "upgrade" the Coagucheck XS to a Coaguchek "Vantus". The flyer goes into no explanation for why the Vantus might be preferable, or even if the upgrade is free or will cost anything (or be higher monthly charges).

What is the Vantus? What is better about it? Is it worth upgrading (if it is free that is)??

Here in the UK the only new model Roche have recently launched is their CoaguChek INRange model, which is basically a CoaguCheck XS with a colour, more graphical screen, wireless connectivity to transmit results, new functions like reminders, and more reporting options. I wonder if it is called Vantus in some parts of the world?

A quick look on uncle google on some of the NZ websites makes it look like the new coaguchek XS and the Vantus are one in the same machine, I think the new coaguchek does all the same things but with bells and whistles like colour graphs and reminders

Back