Coaguchek xs test strips.recall

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmyk

Ok,
I recently started using ROCHE for a new machine and test strips . Today , I got a call to thrrow all my test strips in the garbage , there has been a recall.
If you google it, ROCHE will have a list of all lot numbers affected.
Be safe everyone!

Ok,
I recently started using ROCHE for a new machine and test strips . Today , I got a call to thrrow all my test strips in the garbage , there has been a recall.
If you google it, ROCHE will have a list of all lot numbers affected.
Be safe everyone!
Yes I went through the same thing had to throw away all my test strips and go to the lab every week. Was a pain in the but when use to the INR machine. Was almost two months before I got the new strips.

The recall was for some specific lots -- not ALL CoaguChek XS test strips. Unless you had the strips in the recall, throwing your strips out may have been an overreaction.

Personally, I wasn't affected by the recall. I don't use CoaguChek XS. My Coag-Sense meter uses different technology, uses a direct method to direct the clot (it actually DETECTS the physical clot, rather than measuring impedance on the strip) and, in my testing a few years ago, is more accurate.

Making you wait for two months to return to self-testing, and requiring you to get blood draws sounds like an immense pain in the butt. I'm glad that I don't use the XS.

Latest posts

Back