Coaguchek xs test strips.recall

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Υπάρχει μια σχετικά απλή διαδικασία, ο γιατρός δίνει τη συνταγή και σε 3-4 μέρες μπορείς να πας να αγοράσεις τις ταινίες από φαρμακείο και πληρώνεις περίπου 22 ευρώ το κουτί. το κράτος πληρώνει το υπόλοιπο ποσό στο φαρμακείο.
Κάθε ασθενής δικαιούται 3 κουτιά το χρόνο
Το αγοράζω 42 ευρώ και το πουλάω 60+6% φόρο τιμής, μακάρι να υπήρχε τρόπος να το στείλω σε άτομα που πληρώνουν πολύ ακριβά το κουτί.
Το αστείο είναι ότι για μένα αγοράζω κασέτες από το φαρμακείο αφού μου το έγραψε ο γιατρός και το πληρώνω 22 ευρώ, ενώ όταν το αγοράζω για το κατάστημα το αγοράζω 42 για να το πουλήσω σε ανασφάλιστους στα 60.
Thank the various Greek Gods for Google translate.

DocChek in Germany
1676405094545.png

Medshop in Australia
1676405172215.png

plus the various prices available on eBay are about US$100

revel in it

Yes, that price is AWFULLY low. It probably explains why there are sellers on eBay that offer strips at really good prices. Buy cheap, sell cheap.

I was just a bit wary about buying strips from a source outside the U.S. (although the strips are probably all made in Germany, anyway).

Yes, that price is AWFULLY low. It probably explains why there are sellers on eBay that offer strips at really good prices. Buy cheap, sell cheap.

I was just a bit wary about buying strips from a source outside the U.S. (although the strips are probably all made in Germany, anyway).
As a store, I buy directly from Roche Hellas and they have passed an inspection by the Greek Organism of Medicines, similar to the FDA. All the shops that sold with a receipt and deposit through a bank account, credit card, etc. have genuine products, otherwise they face heavy penalties if they are dangerous to public health.

I would think they know. And they do care.
When I first started with the XS, they would only sell the strips to licensed healthcare providers. I had to send them a copy of my license. Not a big deal, but when I fully retired and changed the shipping address to my home, they would only send to commercial address. Wasn’t worth the fight. That was years ago; I don’t know if they’re still as strict. I guess they want to protect their monitoring service business.
Sometimes the eBay vendors are less expensive than my supply house was.

Last edited:
Jeff: Are you referring to the Greek vendors?
This is what I was asking about. They buy from Roche Hellas - probably in large quantities - then resell them on eBay, and Roche Hellas doesn't care?

In the United States, it's my understanding that, in theory, meters and strips can only be bought with a prescription, and there are medical suppliers who can fill these orders (and who may actually need a copy of the prescription to fill the orders).

Although some people may follow these rules, I'm sure that a lot don't. I've bought my meters and strips on eBay for more than a decade. I'm sure that a lot of others here are also buying from eBay - and some are probably buying the strips from Greek resellers.

Ηave you seen sellers from Greece on ebay?
Here, not many patients self-manage, nor are there roche devices in the hospitals, so the stock of tapes is also small. I have 10 customers in Greece and all the films I order are 2-3 boxes in order to have a good expiry date. I don't sell on ebay because I think it has a large commission, nor do I sell abroad because it is procedurally difficult to export drugs abroad.

Jeff: Are you referring to the Greek vendors?
No, my comment was with regard to US vendors and direct from Roche. Their buyer policy may have changed since then. Haven’t checked.

The most recent eBay purchase I made was from a seller in the midwest and obviously got their supply from Greece (or for the Greek market) as the package insert was in English and Greek. The box and bottle were English only. Either way, they work just fine.

Well, the title to this thread got my attention. As the OP suggested, I got online and found the Roche recall page, with the associated lot numbers being recalled. Not even close to my current strip lot number. Then I noticed that the publication from Roche was from 2018.

And yup, this is a zombie thread posted in 2018. So, if any of you home testers come across this thread, you might want to hold off tossing your strips :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Well, the title to this thread got my attention. As the OP suggested, I got online and found the Roche recall page, with the associated lot numbers being recalled. Not even close to my current strip lot number. Then I noticed that the publication from Roche was from 2018.

And yup, this is a zombie thread posted in 2018. So, if any of you home testers come across this thread, you might want to hold off tossing your strips :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
DID not occur to me anyone would do that, since it had been that long, and those numbers in any case would not have matched to anyone that got shipped any strips currently, cept of course someone on EBAY was still selling them, and those buyers didnt check to make sure of the DATES on them! I find it odd and strange that this has not gotten as far as testing for Diabetes has in as, so many are now testing, and using strips and testing devices that COMPANIES supply for free! INR equipment and strips are by far not the same, and they for sure are not free! And I am finding this thread is and has beed talking about some other things besides the main topic that the OP brought to our attention some now, years back. And since then i have found that they have or needed to do a recall since back then! It for sure would be nice if strips didnt cost so much, and the owner of a PRO basketball team here in the USA, MARK CUBAN is doing things that may help us, he is attempting to place big PHARMA out of business, and if I was able to support him in this, I for sure would do so! We in the USA are in fact paying way too much for our MEDICINES and medical care, and its time someone did something about it. Our Govt for sure aint doing anything about it, even though this is their job, to stop that cr-p from happening, and big pharma is making HUGE profits off the backs of those that can least afford it......gods sake. price of one doz EGGS now is, or close to $10!!! WOW, this cannot continue, that JAN. was a walk in the park, those in CONGRESS may wake one day and find millions in D.C. and at their door steps!!! NO JOKE!

Sharky7 - what you said sure sounds like it borders on the political.

I'm not about to defend greedy pharmaceutical companies - but many ARE spending a lot for development and FDA approval - but once they have the approval, they charge an arm and a leg.

FWIW - I'm paying about $3.50 for a dozen eggs. The egg price went up because the farmers had to destroy (kill) a large number of their hens because of avian flu. Fewer hens, means fewer eggs, and fewer eggs means more demand, and higher prices.

Sure, it would be great if INR testers were free and almost free, and strips were a quarter each. But there's nowhere near enough volume to make that happen. Compared to the number of blood sugar tests (some test more than once a day? and INR is tested once a week or even less), and the millions of people self testing for blood sugar, the number of INR test strips is probably less than 1% (my guess) the number of blood glucose strips sold. Plus, it may cost more to even MAKE the INR test strips.

I don't see the price of meters or strips dropping any time soon - or at all. I don't expect that there will be enough pressure on Congress to reduce the cost of INR testing. It's a small problem when compared to things like the price of insulin.

At least the patent on Coumadin has expired, and we can get generic Warfarin for a dime or two per pill. (A decade or so ago, it was $1 a pill).

Yes, this really old thread dated back to 2018, when the last batch of XS strips were recalled. We should be through any issues related to vendors having the audacity to try to sell four or more year old strips - whether they were recalled or not.

I find it odd and strange that this has not gotten as far as testing for Diabetes has in as, so many are now testing
it has in Europe, UK and Australia ... although there are diabetics who don't test as often as they should even here. 🤷‍♂️

Heck I bought a BG meter just so I could learn what my own insulin resistance levels were.

suspect also that the diabetes market is much bigger, with a lot more of us testing blood glucose than blood INR,
Agreed, I'd expect that there are more type 1's than all type valvers, and mech valvers are perhaps a quarter of all valvers.

I was just meaning that quite a lot of mech valvers self test, more (per capita) outside than inside the USA

I should also add that in the past many people with atrial fibrillation were taking warfarin and used roche device , now they are all taking newer pills and don't need the roche . My opinion is that the prices will go up for the strips .

DID not occur to me anyone would do that, since it had been that long, and those numbers in any case would not have matched to anyone that got shipped any strips currently, cept of course someone on EBAY was still selling them, and those buyers didnt check to make sure of the DATES on them! I find it odd and strange that this has not gotten as far as testing for Diabetes has in as, so many are now testing, and using strips and testing devices that COMPANIES supply for free! INR equipment and strips are by far not the same, and they for sure are not free! And I am finding this thread is and has beed talking about some other things besides the main topic that the OP brought to our attention some now, years back. And since then i have found that they have or needed to do a recall since back then! It for sure would be nice if strips didnt cost so much, and the owner of a PRO basketball team here in the USA, MARK CUBAN is doing things that may help us, he is attempting to place big PHARMA out of business, and if I was able to support him in this, I for sure would do so! We in the USA are in fact paying way too much for our MEDICINES and medical care, and its time someone did something about it. Our Govt for sure aint doing anything about it, even though this is their job, to stop that cr-p from happening, and big pharma is making HUGE profits off the backs of those that can least afford it......gods sake. price of one doz EGGS now is, or close to $10!!! WOW, this cannot continue, that JAN. was a walk in the park, those in CONGRESS may wake one day and find millions in D.C. and at their door steps!!! NO JOKE!
You are too political. Take it easy. there are many in the WH who are looking out for us. I am also a type 2 diabetic and thanks to Biden, it is cheaper for me to afford heart meds and diabetes meds and supplies. And for the eggs, there is inflation and the bird flu. In some states, the price of eggs are starting to go down for now. Please just chill, for you are stressing yourself out. This is not the platform to talk politics.

Wrong, many type 2, type 1 are also heart patients. A very large number.
@pellicle is correct - I did not say they were mutually exclusive groups, and if you look at my profile line below you will indeed see that I am one of them. All I am saying is that there are a lot more diabetics out there monitoring their blood glucose than there are people out there monitoring their INR.

Latest posts

Back