CoaguChek error 8

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the error messages have to do with inserting the strip too quickly (or too slowly) for the meter to read it.

I can get free strips on prescription in the UK
I will use even more having to get back in range

I get the error 8 ( general error code ) after the strips were inserted and once the meter had gone through its internal calibration checks.

That's interesting to learn, thanks @Protimenow

It shows ( to me ) that weekly testing can flag a result you may not be expecting, i was certainly surprised.

I look at it like this ... I hardly ever have a car accident, but I always wear my seatbelt.

They have provided me with a new machine which is a great service.

I'm confused ... I thought your machine read the same as the clinic, so why was it replaced?

I'm confused ... I thought your machine read the same as the clinic, so why was it replaced?

I wasn't happy getting the error code each time i tested, i prefer to have confidence in my meter.
even though this seems slightly paranoid, better safe than sorry.

So i asked for a new machine (y)

I agree the INR result were the same, but with a constant error message i still wasn't happy with it.

My clinic offers us a new machine every 3 years under the programme we have
I'm running ahead of schedule 😀

Error code 8 is often just a weak battery. The battery indicator will still show lots of charge, but you start getting that error code, and it miraculously goes away when you put in new batteries. Just a little idiosyncrasy of the Coaguchek.

I had an Error code 8 pop up about 3 weeks ago. Battery power was at 50% or so. I took batteries out and put same back in and was back in business. Several days later the same thing happened. So I replaced the batteries.

Have not had an error code since. I did note in my INR binder notebook about this and replacing the batteries. This was the first time I've had that error. I've replaced the batteries perhaps twice. I got the CoaguChek in 2014, I think.

Thank you to both of you for that.

I reset it by removing the batteries and after a while i reinserted them.
The low battery icon never showed up so i didn't suspect the batteries.

I will keep this in mind for next time (y)

I wasn't happy getting the error code each time i tested, i prefer to have confidence in my meter.
even though this seems slightly paranoid, better safe than sorry.
Oh God, every time? I didn't spot that. I think you're more patient than me, it wouldn't have lasted 3 consecutive fault codes :)

I had a CoaguChek XS Pro, and got error 8 almost every time I tested - it then progressed to the error code every time I tried to test. I changed batteries. I even ran the meter from the power supply.

Roche support told me that the meter had apparently failed.

I still have a regular XS, but haven't been able to get strips for it. I occasionally use the XS just for comparison with my Coag-Sense.

Latest posts

Back