Coagucheck XS Test Strips Chip Code

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eva

Miracle Believer
Supporting Member
Greetings hoping you all are safe and healthy always.

Any ideas where I can find/buy a CHIP CODE 403 from.

I could not find any help on internet. I’m trying Roche, to whom I returned my broken machine to and may hv kept the chip inside it 2 months ago, but no answer yet.

If by any chance you have a 403 CHIP CODE, and if you think it might work, I’ll buy it from you and pay for postage since I have 12 test strips in my bottle.

Many thanks in advance.

sorry mate I don't have one
hmm, maybe I should start keeping my code chips ... this is however the first such post I've seen.

Reactions: Eva
Close but no cigar sorry
I’ve got a 405 chip and then the next one down I have is a 329

sorry no, never kept then, but maybe be good to keep a couple around just in case could be used by others or me :)

I've been saving them since I started just in case I lost one but have yet to need one and question myself for keeping them. So you gave me a reason! I looked though my pile of about 20 chips and don't have a 403. They seem to be sequential and only increase; my latest is 422, so I researched what's on them. They contain the expiration date and the lot number of the associated test strips. So the code chips will expire just as the strips do meaning the expired ones will never be usable again. So I guess it's not such a smart idea to save them except for maybe the most recent ones because you could get another box of strips from the same lot so you'd have a valid one if you lost the new chip. I think I'll throw my old ones out.

Dana - thanks. That's good information. In addition to lot number and expiration date, the chips probably have a value for the reagent used by the strips, so the result is 'accurate.'

What I suggest to Eva is to nag Roche again. They may have extra code strips.

What she may also do is contact some of the distributors or retailers of XS strips and see if they have any with that code (I'm pretty sure that the code is on the box, so this shouldn't be hard to find - IF their current supply isn't already at a higher number).

Protimenow said:
... What I suggest to Eva is to nag Roche again. They may have extra code strips.

What she may also do is contact some of the distributors or retailers .?
Dana said:
......They seem to be sequential and only increase; ...? So the code chips will expire just as the strips do meaning the expired ones will never be usable again. So I guess it's not such a smart idea to save them...I think I'll throw my old ones

Dana, you are absolutely right. I was going to write an update that it’s useless to save the chips for a long time!

I contacted Roche. Unfortunately, none of the extra chips they have match the Lot number of my strips, since each lot has its own chip!

Pro time now, I also contacted distributors. None has any to match my lot number!

Thanks to you both.

Dana - thanks. That's good information. In addition to lot number and expiration date, the chips probably have a value for the reagent used by the strips, so the result is 'accurate.'

What I suggest to Eva is to nag Roche again. They may have extra code strips.

What she may also do is contact some of the distributors or retailers of XS strips and see if they have any with that code (I'm pretty sure that the code is on the box, so this shouldn't be hard to find - IF their current supply isn't already at a higher number).
Dana, you are absolutely right. I was going to write an update that it’s useless to save the chips for a long time!

I contacted Roche. Unfortunately, none of the extra chips they have match the Lot number of my strips, since each lot has its own chip!

Pro time now, I also contacted distributors. None has any to match my lot number!

Thanks to you both.
I think Roche was selling you a bill of goods. They probably turn around hundreds or thousands of production lots each year - but the chips are usually numbered in the 200s - 400s. The explanation about numbers makes little sense - on its face, at least.

I suspect that each lot of strips DOES get a number - but a 402 from this year will be entirely different from last year's 402. The strip you got - and that you're missing - probably had specific information about reagent values. The reason they use different chip numbers is so they can be careful that you've got a chip that matches your set of strips - and using different numbers for a few years can help assure that you're not using an incorrect reagent value. (In other words, they recycle chip numbers, but record different data on each set of chips, matched to the requirements for a batch of strips).

I'm sorry to hear about a set of strips that is unusable because the chip is missing.

(I had a situation on Tuesday that could have resulted in an even worse situation. A box with two tubes of 24 arrived, and I heard something shaking around in the box. If I didn't know to look for a chip, I may have wound up with 48 unusable strips. I knew better - I took the chip, put it into my XS, and now have enough strips for a year or so).

(I had a situation on Tuesday that could have resulted in an even worse situation. A box with two tubes of 24 arrived, and I heard something shaking around in the box. If I didn't know to look for a chip, I may have wound up with 48 unusable strips. I knew better - I took the chip, put it into my XS, and now have enough strips for a year or so).

Glad you did not lose the chip!

I will only trust the chip in the box with the tapes.

Last edited:
My new box of strips may have had the tape at one time - the box appeared to have been damaged in shipping - which may have caused damage to the box and caused the chip to fall out the back of the box. Plus, I can't imagine HOW the vendor would have found a chip with the same number on the vials (out of probably dozens or maybe even hundreds of strips) so he can cheat me by sending strips with a mismatched chip.

Plus - the results of the strips I used in my XS matched those of an XS at Urgent Care two days later. (I should have asked what the code on the chip that their batch of strips was - it's possible, though unlikely, that one batch of strips that use this particular chip, may have had accuracy issues).

I bought 2 boxes of 24 strips in the spring. When I went to use the first batch, I got an error code of strips expired.
Checked chip and found I had left the chip for the old batch in. Looked for chip for the new batch I was trying to use and couldn’t find it. I was ticked off, kicked myself and tossed the new vial (intact) in a bathroom trash can. And then I opened the other new vial and ran a test.
Later that day, I found the box the other new vial came in — and found that chip. Hurriedly, I retrieved that batch’s vial from the trash (nothing else in t he trash liner). That chip matched the number on the vial.

I saved myself $130 or so.

What triggered this screwup was that when I got the first new vial, I ran a comparison check of a strip first, then used the last strip from the previous purchase. I failed to switch the chip after running the second test and left the old chip in.

Luckily, I had saved the small box the vial came in — instead of tossing it!

BTW, the exp date on both vials of the new chips is April 2021. The chips have sequential numbers, not identical ones.

... I can't imagine HOW the vendor would have found a chip with the same number on the vials (out of probably dozens or maybe even hundreds of strips) so he can cheat me by sending strips with a mismatched chip.

Suppliers have extra matching chips. My supplier and Roche said they have extra chips but did not the same one I lost.

Plus - the results of the strips I used in my XS matched those of an XS at Urgent Care two days later. (I should have asked what the code on the chip that their batch of strips was - it's possible, though unlikely, that one batch of strips that use this particular chip, may have had accuracy issues).

Yesterday I used last strip with 418 chip code. INR was 2.7.

After that, I kept the 418 chip inside the machine, I retested with the 403-coded strip. The result was 2.6!!! I’m wondering if I can use the rest of the strips. Or will this damage my machine.

Latest posts

Back