christina

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H Henyslyee,

Thank you so much for posting the article!
I think we talked about chromium picolinate. Mentioned it as the "fat burner" my husband was taking for a little over a year before they found his Kidney cancer! I do hope they ban it for the sake of others out there unaware it may cause cancer. For those of you whom are not aware.....chromium picolinate is in energy bars, "nutritional" drinks like slimfast and more. Believe me...it's nothing to mess around with. I am convinced my husbands plight was caused by it!

Thanks for the article Ann, but somehow I don't remember us discussing 'Chromium Picolinate' yesterday. Maybe I missed it. I do remember us talking about cholesterol issues and bragging about our kids, grandkids. LOL!
I haven't taken 'Chromium Picolinate' in years. Someone else at the time told me it doesn't do squat.

The following is a very personal, but I want to share it with all of you to maybe help others who are not feeling energenic and 100% either.

I called in the help of a Nutritionist in March. I just wasn't feeling well, and hadn't been feeling well for a long time. I kept up with everything as best as I could and acted like all was well, but in reality it wasn't. My energy was low most days and I had to force myself to exercise most days.
First of all, she took me off all the supplements I was taking, including the 'Seasilver" (for now).
She did a lot of 'muscle' testing and tested all the supplements I had been taking, and I tested very weak in all of them. (I had never heard of this so called muscle testing).
When she tested her supplements on me I tested very 'strong'. All her supplements come from "Standard Process. Inc. and they have been in business since 1929. They produce high quality nutritional supplements on their own farmland which has been organically certified by (MOSA) They keep detailed records of all of their farming practises, and their farmland and processing facility are monitored annually to ensure that only the highest quality farming techniques are practised.
If interested go to: standardprocess.com. Read up on how it's done. Very impressive!
My nutritionist has been dealing with them for almost 20 years, she said. Only professionals are able to order from this company, so not just every Tom, Dick and Harry who thinks he/she needs supplements. And you also don't take them forever, only for the time you need them because they are very potent.

The next thing will flore (sp) you. She also tested me for 'Parasites' and I tested positive. She said that parasites are very common and that 'everybody' has them, especially when you have animals. But that they can cause a lot of havoc everywhere in your body. Read the next link I found.

http://www.gifam.org/npcleansing.htm

I had no idea, and was totally grossed out, but am now convinced I have them. I have had cats for years and they get kissed (on the head) and snuggled with every day. They NEVER go outside.
When I saw her, I first had to do a 'intestinal' cleanse before I did this parasite cleanse, but tomorrow I am going to start this parasite cleanse/Alkaline Bowel Diet, and that'll take approx. two months. After that I will also do a liver cleanse, but first things first.
I am excited because I so believe in alternative medicine and to do something the natural way without having to take prescription drugs is just great. No side effects! YEAH!!!
BTW, I am already feeling better after the Intestinal cleanse, and hope to have energy coming out of my ears after I am done with the parasite cleanse. I will keep you posted.
Hope I didn't gross anyone out more than I was. LOL!

Hi Christina-

I was sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. I know you haven't been posting as much as you used to. I'm sure your cardiologist and PCP are following you carefully in regards to your heart and valve situation. Gotta keep up with standard medicine also.

I do hope things turn around for you. Best wishes.

Hi Christina,

Gosh I am sorry. Know you have been been well since we met in Phoenix. Can honestly sympathize with you in that about six months after my MVR I too had a parasite. They were not able to isolate it. My doctors were accusing me of leaving the county. Living in TN at the time...only place I had travled to was Chicago. Drank the water. They think the parasite came from the water or something I ate. It literally took me close to three months to get my energy level back. I highly doubt you picked it up from your cats. It was most likely something you ate or drank outside of your home.

Hope you get to feeling better soon:)

Ps. How is this all affecting your INR? When you cleanse you are removing the Coumadin as well, correct?

Hey, Christina - no, we didn't discuss Chromium P. - just supplements, in a general way. And this morning, there was this article in one of my mails saying that some vitamins, supplements can also make us ill - like some of the prescribed meds we take.

Parasites? My son-in-law traveled for several years back and forth to Central and South America. He tried to be very careful about what he ate, but he really loved their food and picked up a parasite, too. Made him pretty sick. Had a time finding it and then getting rid of it.

I hope you continue to feel better. Was it happenstance that made the nutritionist look for the parasite?

Hi Gina,

Thanks for your concern!
I think I have complained several times on the forum since my surgery that I expected more energy than what I got. I believe I've had this parasite infestation longer than I care to think, and I think I got it from the cats, will never know for sure though.
Parasites (there are many species) will zap your energy I was told, but once we get rid of this, I will know it and my energy will return. I can't wait and am looking forward to this, and don't care what I have to do to get rid of this. It's all worth it!
Did you take the time to read the whole article I included in my post this afternoon? You'll be amazed!
So far with the intestinal cleansing, it hasn't affected my INR at all. INR was 3.7 last Tuesday. Have to test again tomorrow morning.
Not sure what the parasite cleansing will do to the Coumadin, and I'll have to test more often at first to see if I stay within range.
I'll keep you posted.

Now I recall....they put me on Cipro after they found out it was a parasite. I beleive they were concerned of secondary infections. One short day after being on it.... and I was feeling much better after two months of misery.:(

Christina....yes I read the article. A lot of information. Thank you. So are you saying you think you may have had the parasites since your surgery? When your immune system is lowered you are open to more than the average person. If you think it's the cats.... have them tested too. It will be a vicious cycle unless the source is cured. Ask your husband to handle the litter box for you. Or look into one of those self scooping models. I actually did buy one for our new kitty .May be a bit extreme....but we should not take any chances where our health is concerned.

I am very much into detox and cleansing. check out my website in the members info. Why is it we would not consider going without changing the oil in our car or not changing the filters in our home air conditioner. Why is it we would not consider NOT bathing or brushing our teeth daily yet we abuse our bodies with toxins in the air we breath and the preservatives in our food and water daily. We ignore our organs which work hard at trying to keep our body "machines" working on a daily basis.Bad livers,bad gallbladders,bad kidneys-bodies not working right. No wonder we get sick then add more medicines to "help" us feel better. Not sure that is real smart!! I feel detoxing periodically is SO healthy and something we can do good for US!:cool:

Ann. You are so right to say that supplements can make us ill if a person just takes them without really knowing if their body is difficient in that vitamin/mineral. I have to admit though I've done the same over the years, so have to take that responsibility. I am no longer doing this.

Gina. I am going to CRA (Contact Reflex Analysis) Practitioner. (This lady is the cousin of Tom Brokaw we see on NBC every day). Developer of Reflex Technique. Treating Causes instead of Symptoms.
She put me on 'Zymex II'. I take 3 capsules in the morning on an empty stomach, and 3 again at night on an empty stomach before I go to bed. This I have to do for two months and then she'll test again.
We'll never know how long I've had this. All I wanted was more energy after surgery and I wasn't getting it. When I told her this problem she tested me, and I tested positive. I was horrified, but she said, that most everyone has them, and that we can get rid of them. So, that is what I am working on right now.
Always striving for perfection!

Back