A quick update...saw the cardiologist after the MDT case conference. TAVR is definitely out of the question...anatomically, my valve is not suited to a TAVR, as it will block the coronary artery, so that at least is thoroughly removed from the equation, at least for now! And the coarct, while stable, is also an issue with insertion, but not impossible, due to the fact that it is a double coarct. So back to the old chestnut of mechanical vs biological! Discussed the idea of a warfarin trial but was told that that isn't an option. Also discussed alternatives to warfarin, and that wasn't entertained either! A visit to the surgeon next week to discuss further...if it weren't for the bleeding issue, I would probably opt for mechanical and be done with surgery, but have been strongly advised against this by the MDT team, so it looks like another biological valve might be in my future. I just wish I could feel happy with either option. I'm getting more and more symptomatic each week, and have been recommended for surgery within the next few weeks, so I need to make a decision now. Thanks for listening.